Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Oldest depiction of muscle girls?

Oct 02, 2022 - edited Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

Maybe someone finds something older.

Villa Romana del Casale, around 310 and 325 A.D.

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

excellent!!! I think it is 310 - 325 AD

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

Google images of the "Peplos Kore." Ancient Greece, c. 520 BC (note: "Kore" is Greek for "young woman"). She's got a pretty hefty-looking forearm!

Some historians suggest that this gal might actually have been a depiction of the Greek goddess Artemis (the goddess of the hunt) and that her missing left arm may have held a hunting bow.

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

Maybe someone finds something older.

Villa Romana del Casale, around 310 and 325 A.D.

That's so amazing. Nothing new under the sun. Ever.

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

These pics used to be in my Latin manuals when I was in secondary school. Oldest depictions that never get old !

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

'Roids.

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

Name? IG? We need to see more of her!

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

Looks like she's got an ancient version of dumbells, too! The villa must have belonged to a gwm fan!

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

I wonder with how harsh life used to be maybe most people had some muscle tone from all the work.

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

I wonder with how harsh life used to be maybe most people had some muscle tone from all the work.

Yes, and all the battles between primitive peoples.

Oct 03, 2022 - permalink

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/poohadventu...

Anybody ever watch the show Primal? Definitely not historically accurate in any sense but still worth the watch. Mira got me feeling all sorts of stuff.

Oct 03, 2022 - permalink

well also you have to account for the ancient diet..there wasn't any junk food or plastics etcetera. nothing to interfere with your bodies systems and so people in general were more muscular.

Oct 03, 2022 - permalink

It seems like you found something the Romans have done for us ;) But Monty Python aside, the Greeks have -of course- also some depictions to offer.

The British Museum, for example, owns bronze figure of a Laconion (Spartan) girl running or dancing: https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection/obje... The British Museum estimates it to have been manufactered about 520-500BC.

Sadly, with the (quite fascist) film 300 an illinformed culture seems to have arosen around Sparta. While I am quite happy to see ancient Greece receive attention, it has lead to an inaccurate depicition of much of Spartan society. In the myriad of badly researched artciles this verry impressive figure of a girl competing in a race is also often cited as an example of Spartan women. It is about probably as old as the previous statue, though I'm not certain.

Oct 03, 2022 - permalink

Name? IG? We need to see more of her!

I think she is just holding two egg timers 😁

Oct 03, 2022 - permalink

Wow that Greek lady has some serious quads and calves! ♥

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »