Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Instagram not allowing to view recent posts for hashtags

M76
Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

I've recently noticed that I can't browse hashtags on instagram. I used to type in the typical hashtags to find new girls to follow, but now any hashtag I type in it only shows the curated "top posts" section which is only 9 posts and utterly useless.

I've tried with unrelated completely benign tags too, and even those are blocked.

Am I shadowbanned or what?

Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

Hmmm, you're right, but only on PC. I can browse as normal using smartphone app.

M76
Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

You are right, it's only blocked from the browser, if you use the android app it still shows up.

Too bad, that's one too many hoops for me to jump through. I guess I will visit IG even less than I used to.

Sep 25, 2022 - permalink

Instagram is so lame i don't get why it's so popular i sometimes visit it to see pretty women since they don't use anything else. but it's just so clunky and bad i wish it just got shut down but knowing zoomers it will be replaced by something even worse.

fp909
Sep 25, 2022 - permalink

i used to go looking around hashtags after expos but the posts are so polluted with spam, and even stuff like #girlswithmuscle will have a dozen pictures of shirtless dudes posting progress photos int he first couple of scrolls. i don't even bother looking anymore and just let the algo bring stuff forward

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Anyone find a solution to this one? Still only showing top 9 on pc when searching.

M76
Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

The only solution I found is to run an android emulator on PC and use the phone app in that sandbox.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »