Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

The effect of alcohol on arm wrestling

Sep 17, 2022 - permalink

If someone completely crushed you in arm wrestling, but you were somewhat drunk and they were sober, would the rematch be much different?

Sep 18, 2022 - permalink

Is this a thread for people with booze addiction?

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

20 years ago, I did drunk arm wrestling challenge and win some matches because I think I was not able to feel pain...but my arms and wrist hurt like hell the dy after ! and my head as well. So I think it could give you advantages.

Oct 16, 2022 - permalink

20 years ago, I did drunk arm wrestling challenge and win some matches because I think I was not able to feel pain...but my arms and wrist hurt like hell the dy after ! and my head as well. So I think it could give you advantages.

Considering how often people arm wrestle when drinking, there is probably some truth to this!

Oct 17, 2022 - permalink

Most people i armwrestling lately at my dance work on metal festivals had drunk alcohol , some more some less .

But no it dont give a advantage lol , the more drunk the more controll get lost lol . Ok some dont feel pain when drunk and may mobilize some more strength ( especialy at hold ) but the risk of injury inreases very quick . Often i realy have to take care for dont hutr anybody or get hurt by myself because a drunken stronger one dont take care of hurt anybody at slam down arm .

So is it a good idea armwrestle someone who drunk , yes my chances are better to take controll , ist it a good idea to armwrestle someone much stronger who drunk too much / depends on situation there is a major injury risk for both

Oct 17, 2022 - permalink

Or as some Shakespeare character observed of alcohol, "It increaseth the desire, but dulleth the performance."

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »