Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

How did you overcome your insecurity about being into buff girls?

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

I never had a problem with it, a fit woman is far superior to a soft, flabby, out-of-conditioned woman. They are strong, more confident and her muscles are just plain more useful. The question should be turned 180 degrees, why would anyone not find fit muscular women attractive? Who cares what other people think?

I completely agree with this comment. Also although we are all on GWM because we admire buff women, their is still a wide range of preferences from naturally buff to hulking beast. In my opinion most of the women on this site a perfectly presentable to a general audience. Why would any dude be uncomfortable walking into a party with their friends with Lauren Findley or even Slava Galagan? Who are they dating for example? I generally don’t discuss my attractions with my friends but never hid my preferences for buff women. Both my partner and I work out and it shows and no one hides it. At our middle age, most male and female physiques are pretty underwhelming.

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

I was very insecure about it for a long time. I hid it, was ashamed, and didn't want anyone to find out. But in my late 20s I was dating a girl who wanted to do a bikini competition and when I showed interest in her getting more fit and building muscle, well, she basically figured it out. One day she asked me if I liked muscular women and I just opened up. She was extremely accepting and we would watch videos together and she would pose for me. I bought her a posing suit (it belonged to Miava Nelson) and she would pose for me. It was awesome to be able to share this attraction with someone.

Since that point I have been open with my girlfriends about it. None of them have made fun of me or made me feel bad about it. The girl I am with now is on the bi-sexual spectrum and slowly began finding an attraction to female bodybuilders. She's a big fan of Shannon Seeley.

With her I even felt comfortable enough to share my biggest secret... I am also attracted to male bodybuilders. She was actually totally cool with it and encouraged me to be accepting of it. It has become and fun addition to our sex lives. She has started to be attracted to them as well and we watch videos together and explore our attraction.

I guess my point is, don't be embarrassed by it. I am not saying you go around telling every random person. But if you are intimate with someone, tell them. Be honest. It could open up all kinds of possibilities. Being fully honest with my current girlfriend and made for incredibly fun times and some of the sexual experiences ever. And it just feels good to be open and honest.

If those past girlfriends knew and were accepting of your kink, did any of them hit the weight room hard to try and get a physique that they knew you were into?

fp909
Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

i really didn't get a dose of shame until college because before that there wasn't really a public forum for my interest to get noticed, and i wasn't buying mags in high school.

i was on facebook during that extremely public period where everyone could see everyone's activity, and because back then everyone added absolutely anyone i was FB friends with several bodybuilders and left comments frequently enough that my activity was always noticed by someone on the feed.

eventually i just had to laugh it off but i think people also got more understanding as they got older and they discovered more about themselves. that helped me kind of drop the feelings of shame.

[deleted]
Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

By Realizing that people who judge others negatively based on their sexual preferences are stupid and not worth your time.

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

If those past girlfriends knew and were accepting of your kink, did any of them hit the weight room hard to try and get a physique that they knew you were into?

As I had mentioned, the first girlfriend that I told, when I was in my late 20's was training to be a bikini competitor. So she was not big by any means, but was fit. When she dieted down, she had really nice abs. She was never able to really get her legs built up.

She said it did motivate her to work out more.

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

As I had mentioned, the first girlfriend that I told, when I was in my late 20's was training to be a bikini competitor. So she was not big by any means, but was fit. When she dieted down, she had really nice abs. She was never able to really get her legs built up.

She said it did motivate her to work out more.

Nice pics and thanks for sharing! I did read that part: I was curious about the other girlfriends.

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

started lifting myself, now when i say i like muscular women nobody makes fun of me cause im a bit buff myself now; they say a girl with muscles suits me more

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

Just decided to own it.

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

I married a girl with good genetics and naturally broad shoulders. I then asked her to become my gym partner. Now, a year later she is hooked on building muscle. Today more and more girls want to build muscle. I see them flexing in the gym daily.

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

i really didn't get a dose of shame until college because before that there wasn't really a public forum for my interest to get noticed, and i wasn't buying mags in high school.

i was on facebook during that extremely public period where everyone could see everyone's activity, and because back then everyone added absolutely anyone i was FB friends with several bodybuilders and left comments frequently enough that my activity was always noticed by someone on the feed.

eventually i just had to laugh it off but i think people also got more understanding as they got older and they discovered more about themselves. that helped me kind of drop the feelings of shame.

Hahaha, same thing happened to me. I commented on Jessica Sestrem Facebook and my friends saw them and started making fun of me. I had to come up with excuses that she was a friend of a friend and that I'm not into muscular girls etc etc. It took me 4/5 years after that to accept what I am and not care about others comments

Chainer
Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

There is already a fit GF/wife thread, please post all such pictures there and not here.

Sep 21, 2022 - permalink

My answer to the title question of this thread is 'I haven't'.

I think I realised I was attracted to muscle girls as a teenager. That was back in the 70s, and I've still never told anyone about it. Of course back then it was all magazine based, but I'm pretty sure no-one discovered my 'stash'. Looking back, I was painfully shy around girls and though I had several girlfriends, I considered any girls who were sporty or obviously strong as out of my league. I've never been into body building myself, although I was quite active back in the day, giving up playing field hockey only a few years ago and using the gym just to keep vaguely in shape rather than do any serious workouts. So that avenue of meeting buff women was never really open to me. I've been happily married for over 40 years to someone who's not at all into her fitness, but the physical side of the relationship stopped pretty soon after the birth of our second child which was many years and so I've kind of 'managed things' from then on.

The early days of internet sites (like Boomer plus the other flexes & AMG) was a revelation and I was a regular visitor but never a subscriber, not out of witholding money from the athletes but more out of a concern to cover my tracks. Recently my wife's been diagonosed with Alzheimer's so many hobbies and leisure activities have stopped for me as I take on more of a caring role. As such GWM (what a brilliantly run site and what a great and diverse community by the way) has become an even more important part of my days. Just over a year ago I plucked up the courage to sign up, and the daily update pictures, comments and forum posts together my expanding list of favourites and subscriptions really help to keep me going. I'd really like to try a session with a fit muscle girl, but living in a rural area together with the factors above mean I don't think that's going to happen. I'd probably be too inhibited and nervous to really enjoy it anyway.

So there you are. I'm never likely to overcome my insecurity, but even though I've got a username and you all know somebody with that username is on the site, this is the very first time I've admitted to anyone in any way that I'm into buff girls. Something I've kept to myself for over 40 years!! Don't know how I'll feel after posting this. Not looking for sympathy or comebacks necessarily, just a post that I felt would help me if I made it. Maybe I'll feel able to post some more comments now and relax a bit into this community that plays a small, important but forever secret part of my life.

Thanks for listening!

Sep 21, 2022 - permalink

I’d say start by admitting it to the right person. Find someone whom you trust and know are understanding and admit it to them, then work your way up from there with more confidence.

Sep 21, 2022 - permalink

My answer to the title question of this thread is 'I haven't'.

I think I realised I was attracted to muscle girls as a teenager. That was back in the 70s, and I've still never told anyone about it. Of course back then it was all magazine based, but I'm pretty sure no-one discovered my 'stash'. Looking back, I was painfully shy around girls and though I had several girlfriends, I considered any girls who were sporty or obviously strong as out of my league. I've never been into body building myself, although I was quite active back in the day, giving up playing field hockey only a few years ago and using the gym just to keep vaguely in shape rather than do any serious workouts. So that avenue of meeting buff women was never really open to me. I've been happily married for over 40 years to someone who's not at all into her fitness, but the physical side of the relationship stopped pretty soon after the birth of our second child which was many years and so I've kind of 'managed things' from then on.

The early days of internet sites (like Boomer plus the other flexes & AMG) was a revelation and I was a regular visitor but never a subscriber, not out of witholding money from the athletes but more out of a concern to cover my tracks. Recently my wife's been diagonosed with Alzheimer's so many hobbies and leisure activities have stopped for me as I take on more of a caring role. As such GWM (what a brilliantly run site and what a great and diverse community by the way) has become an even more important part of my days. Just over a year ago I plucked up the courage to sign up, and the daily update pictures, comments and forum posts together my expanding list of favourites and subscriptions really help to keep me going. I'd really like to try a session with a fit muscle girl, but living in a rural area together with the factors above mean I don't think that's going to happen. I'd probably be too inhibited and nervous to really enjoy it anyway.

So there you are. I'm never likely to overcome my insecurity, but even though I've got a username and you all know somebody with that username is on the site, this is the very first time I've admitted to anyone in any way that I'm into buff girls. Something I've kept to myself for over 40 years!! Don't know how I'll feel after posting this. Not looking for sympathy or comebacks necessarily, just a post that I felt would help me if I made it. Maybe I'll feel able to post some more comments now and relax a bit into this community that plays a small, important but forever secret part of my life.

Thanks for listening!

Thank you for your comments and for opening up. I hope it helps a little bit. And I hope maybe this is the start of you overcoming some of the insecurity. It is very liberating to be able to share and open up. I encourage you to keep trying.

Sep 21, 2022 - edited Sep 21, 2022 - permalink

I completely agree with this comment. Also although we are all on GWM because we admire buff women, their is still a wide range of preferences from naturally buff to hulking beast. In my opinion most of the women on this site a perfectly presentable to a general audience. Why would any dude be uncomfortable walking into a party with their friends with Lauren Findley or even Slava Galagan? Who are they dating for example? I generally don’t discuss my attractions with my friends but never hid my preferences for buff women. Both my partner and I work out and it shows and no one hides it. At our middle age, most male and female physiques are pretty underwhelming.

Just want to chime in and agree with this.

I've been fortunate to hang out with quite a few muscle women in my time. And be out in very public settings with them.

The "freaky" thing is leanness and vascularity.. not really muscle size. Most women on here are juicing, but they're not juicing LIKE CRAZY all year round. If you see someone like Brooke Walker at the Olympia... yeah she's lean and ripped and looks like a freaking superhuman. She's gonna get a lot of attention anywhere she goes. A guy in that condition would too. It's just uncommon to see a human who looks like an anatomy chart.

Brooke in her real offseason is going to look thick and curvy and powerful. She'll look muscular, but you'd be surprised how much normies don't notice this. I could see an off-season Brooke going to a party as the date of a normal dude and it just being no big deal. Regular folks aren't going to start freaking out and asking "DOESN'T SHE KICK YOUR ASS IN BED?!?!?"

LOL only the creepy Jabroni's of the internet do that.

Sep 21, 2022 - permalink

I got into bodybuilding myself and the rest just sort of happened.

Sep 22, 2022 - permalink

I’d say start by admitting it to the right person. Find someone whom you trust and know are understanding and admit it to them, then work your way up from there with more confidence.

Thanks for that. Hadn't actually thought about taking it any further. Now thinking 'Should I'? and 'Who??'

Sep 22, 2022 - permalink

Well, there are worst things one can be into, like children.

Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

Thank you for your comments and for opening up. I hope it helps a little bit. And I hope maybe this is the start of you overcoming some of the insecurity. It is very liberating to be able to share and open up. I encourage you to keep trying.

And thank you. I think it has helped. I will do.

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »