Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Quiet Thread Deletion

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

I made a thread, exactly titled "Deception On Social Media: What makes it OK?" a while back.

It didn't get any traction, and I abandoned it, but it was always obvious in my post history since I made a relatively small number of threads.

It now disappeared. My question is, why? It was a thread with like 3 comments, and someone went out of their way to delete it while threads from 2009 still exist on these boards?

I don't particularly care about the thread itself, I just find this super odd and baffling.

Chainer
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

It was deleted by cgsweat. I was not involved so you'd have to ask him for the reasoning.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

He must have been creeping my profile and accidentally hit delete. I have a secret admirer 🤣

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

I've noticed these soft deletes and thread closures as well. Albeit mostly threads being closed even when they're within rules. From what I've read, I'm guessing the mods decide when a discussion has run its course, which is quite frustrating.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

@Tall1 - Eh, I agree with most of their decisions to lock threads tbh. But Cgsweat doesn't win points for transparency.

When Jessica Sestrem made a racist comment that she deleted, fp909 undeleted it. I called this out. Then of course Cgsweat denied it. Only for fp909 to own up to it.

Chainer
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

To be fair to that interaction, if a comment is deleted and later undeleted, we can't tell that it was ever deleted in the first place. So if cgsweat didn't see it when it was in the deleted state, he wouldn't know.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »