Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Muscle girl posters?

Aug 12, 2022 - permalink

I am in peace with my fascination with muscular women to the point where I'm looking to adorn my bedroom wall with a poster depicting one. However, a cursory glance around Google turned up slim pickings - skinny girls with 1kg dumbbells, overpriced posters from 1980s bodybuilding magazines, some pretty abstract art pieces and cheesy fitness motivational quotes. I think a blown up photo of a prime Cindy Meintzer or Anja Langer would look BOMB and be a nice conversation starter. I was thinking of getting one custom made, but before I do so I thought I'd ask if my fellow GWM enthusiasts know anyone or seen anything. I'm in Western Europe.

cgsweat
Aug 12, 2022 - permalink

The most recent I have seen came in the form of calendars, via Wings of Strength. I don't know if they still produce them, but I did buy one for about $25 US dollars, although the product itself was a bit of a disappointment (it was printed on low quality, small proportioned paper).

As for posters, I think I remember Eleonora Dobrinina selling some shots of her Kai York photoshoot. Posters aren't as popular these days, as it seems everything is digital. You just need to be following the right person at the right time to get in on the "action."

Aug 13, 2022 - permalink

If I had time to enjoy them, there are some posters I would enjoy owning.

There's probably only a tiny market for what you want, but custom prints from one's private photo collection may be tricky as far as copyrights are concerned. Let's say you legally purchase a jpg from the copyright owner. You decide to have it enlarged. You may tell a print shop it's for "personal use only", but without the copyright holder's express permission to duplicate it, they may decline the job.

That said, there are photographers who allow interested parties to order prints directly from them for a premium.

Aug 13, 2022 - permalink

Thanks for the insight, guys. With posters for movies, music, games and pop culture making a huge resurgence in the last decade or so I was hoping our little niche neck of the woods would see some dedicated services, but it doesn't seem so. I'll keep an eye out and try to contact copyright holders of photos I like, although I won't hold my breath. Perhaps it's an idea for a business for someone with contacts in the industry ;)

Aug 13, 2022 - permalink
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »