Forum > Bug Reports > Thread

Bug in the "minimum quality threshold"?

Aug 19, 2022 - permalink

I don’t really get this filter. I was trying to make what I thought was a perfectly legitimate comment on a recent Ranya Dally post stating how much I like her “big but not ripped” look but it got rejected. Meanwhile, someone else’s comment of “so much beef” was accepted. Not sure why that meets the quality threshold but mine doesn’t.

cgsweat
Aug 19, 2022 - permalink

Chainer's currently working on improvements. It's a work in progress and so this feedback is valuable for him.

Aug 20, 2022 - permalink

This is a stupid filter. So what if someone says the same or similar each time? It doesn’t mean they don’t want to say it or they don’t feel it genuinely. It’s a dumb rule, and I bet unpopular.

Aug 20, 2022 - permalink

There have been a few people expressing a slight dissatisfaction.

Aug 20, 2022 - permalink

It doesn’t mean they don’t want to say it or they don’t feel it genuinely.

People don't seem to get that their genuineness isn't worth anything. Neither is it any excuse for anything.

So what if someone says the same or similar each time?

This is getting to be the biggest and only argument against the existence of the filter. A simple refusal to see what has already been said.

Because the admins and moderators don't want it. Though there are also others who do not want it. If this were a simple vote then it is quite possible that the supporters of the repetitive comments could even be outvoted. But either way it does not matter. You don't need a majority to attempt something that is commendable in itself.

The problem of false positives does not mean that the filter is a bad idea. If 95 % of the comments it stops should be stopped then I think that is a good trade-off and it's constantly getting better. People who would like to write boings and repetitive comments don't get to piggyback on the complaints of those who wrote good comments but were accidentally caught by the filter. It just does not work that way.

Most of the arguments against the filter are also low effort and low IQ.

Some people seem to think that rebellious venting and fuming is good enough to convince anyone.

[deleted]
Aug 20, 2022 - permalink

People don't seem to get that their genuineness isn't worth anything. Neither is it any excuse for anything.

This is getting to be the biggest and only argument against the existence of the filter. A simple refusal to see what has already been said.

Because the admins and moderators don't want it. Though there are also others who do not want it. If this were a simple vote then it is quite possible that the supporters of the repetitive comments could even be outvoted. But either way it does not matter. You don't need a majority to attempt something that is commendable in itself.

The problem of false positives does not mean that the filter is a bad idea. If 95 % of the comments it stops should be stopped then I think that is a good trade-off and it's constantly getting better. People who would like to write boings and repetitive comments don't get to piggyback on the complaints of those who wrote good comments but were accidentally caught by the filter. It just does not work that way.

Most of the arguments against the filter are also low effort and low IQ.

Some people seem to think that rebellious venting and fuming is good enough to convince anyone.

What are some examples of "good" comments?

Aug 20, 2022 - permalink

Sad when you start seeing......I apparently can't even comment.... :( Instead of a genuine comment.

Even sadder is that it lets you post THAT comment lol

Aug 20, 2022 - permalink

Welcome to the silent comment section. That will be the result. Then there will be no point to it anymore. I don’t care really, after all it is the images that count, but if only machine curated comments are allowed, it will be pointless. What stunningly new comment can be made about a beautiful woman that has not been said before? None.

Aug 20, 2022 - edited Aug 20, 2022 - permalink

Welcome to the silent comment section. That will be the result. Then there will be no point to it anymore. I don’t care really, after all it is the images that count, but if only machine curated comments are allowed, it will be pointless.

Well it'll never be silent, but agreed. This is more loosely referred to as 'censorship', which carries a more negative connotation than was implied by Chainer et al... I completely believe their intentions were and are good. But in almost every situation where censorship is applied, the intentions are good (even if only the ones applying it believe them to be), and the end result is not. Once you can only say what it's decided you're allowed to say, you're on that slippery slope. Tbh I think it should be left alone, but if it can somehow miraculously be fine-tuned to only get rid of the stuff we don't want to see - in itself a subjective and impossible task - then I'll applaud the effort.

Aug 22, 2022 - permalink

While I understand the purpose of the filter I think the implementation of it might not be the best. Every single comment I've tried making has been rejected but bizarrely some absolutely low quality posts are allowed.

Chainer
Aug 22, 2022 - permalink

I see two rejected comments from you, "what a woman!!!" and "My goodness she was special. What an amazing body." Note that the first one could be applied to literally every picture on the site, and the second one is not much better. These are the kind of substanceless comments the filter is designed to prevent, and it seems to be working as intended in this case.

Yes, the filter does still let a fair amount of poor comments through. This is because I've been erring on the side of making it less restrictive, rather than more.

What are some examples of "good" comments?

Going through some recent comments this pic

has some good ones talking about the weight she is lifting.

I haven't fully thought about how to describe what makes a good comment, but something like this: Is specifically about the image or model in question, and is something you would say to her if her enormous, built husband were also standing right there. (For example, "That's a nice bicep pump" is probably fine, "Oh what I would give to lick the sweat off those abs" is not.)

[deleted]
Aug 22, 2022 - permalink

I saw a recent comment that just said, "Major boner." Not sure how that one got past the filter. LOL

Aug 22, 2022 - permalink

Must have been made by chainer 🤣

Aug 23, 2022 - permalink

It's back again! Have had 8 consecutive very complimentary comments (along with one typo correction where the original comment was approved) that were denied in the past 30 minutes!

Aug 23, 2022 - permalink
Aug 25, 2022 - edited Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

We don't need no stinkin' threshold.

Chainer: Is specifically about the image or model in question, and is something you would say to her if her enormous, built husband were also standing right there.

This is something I think you or someone else has already said once or twice.

People seem to relate to the filter as if it was some kind of modern religion: Do as many things wrong as you can as long as you don't damn yourself (or make the filter reject your comment). Instead of simply trying to do The Right Thing™ by writing meaningful comments.

drakdale: I saw a recent comment that just said, "Major boner."

Wonder if that could be used as an alias somewhere.

TeeJey: Have had 8 consecutive very complimentary comments that were denied in the past 30 minutes!

This is again the wrong idea that the main problem was that the comments were hostile or negative, therefore all nice and positive comments should be fine.

The right idea is that the comments were too general, repetitive and meaningless. Very complimentary comments can also be too general, repetitive and meaningless. It is possible that you did the right thing, but you complained about the wrong thing. See the difference?

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

Experienced least 30 plus MQT turndowns so far today. Excuse the H out of me for trying to say something positive & complimentary! Maybe I should be posting negative an/or derogatory comments instead? Again tell us what specific positive comments are "too general, repetitive and meaningless?" Meaningless? Really? By what standards! Insulting to commenters!

Chainer
Aug 26, 2022 - permalink

I looked at your rejected comments and honestly, I agree with the rejection of many of them. For example:

• "She is very lovely!"
  • "Muscular perfection"
  • "Very profound!"
  • "Marvelous muscularity!"
  • "Beautiful fit body!"

I feel like a great deal of pain with the filter could be avoided if people just asked themselves, "Could this comment I am about to post fit under literally every single picture on the site?" and if the answer is "yes", don't post it.

I should note that despite a bunch of your comments getting rejected, you did manage to sneak many very similar ones past the filter anyway, which is the main reason why these got rejected, since the filter punishes repetitiveness.

There are some comments you made like "Magnificent leg muscularity!" which at least reference something useful about the picture that someone could search for, but even then, you could just apply the "leg" tag and it would be at least as useful as this comment. In your particular case, this comment got rejected because of your repetitive comments in quick succession.

After going through your existing comments, here are some good ones I found:

• "Pioneer US FBB from the early/mid 1980s RIP age 50 2003" - tells us background about the person
  • "Former NYC fashion model turned FBB competitor" - same thing
  • "@ourgang She is 34 years old (Birthdate: 13 June 1988) & an IFBB Physique competitor from Denmark (152 lbs - competition weight; 167 lbs - off-season) - a Lithuanian emigre to Denmark some years ago." - same thing

Not every single one of your comments has to be like this, and the filter is meant to allow some amount of compliments that reference the picture in question, but the more general and repetitive your comments, the more likely the filter is to get you, and this is intentional.

Aug 26, 2022 - permalink

Thanks Chainer! I'll be sure to presume that I'm guilty until deemed innocent from here on out Also didn't realize that you considered my comments so very trite & boring. Guess we have a mutual regard about one another. No more comments from me now on - I don't want to upset your mind control policy.......

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

This filter is so screwed up, it's ridiculous!!! On a Luisa Texiera curling clip, the first poster writes Giant arms 🥰🥰🥰. That didn't meet any minimum but was allowed. I wrote 3 lines, complimenting her biceps, the great pump she was achieving, her desire to get bigger and looking forward to her journey. This along with several previous attempts were all rejected. This filter is so stupid and screwed up. No consistency to it at all!!!

Chainer
Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

It's because you comment a lot and are very repetitive in your commenting, whereas the same is probably not true for the other user. It isn't about writing longer comments.

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

It's because you comment a lot and are very repetitive in your commenting, whereas the same is probably not true for the other user. It isn't about writing longer comments.

So "giant arms" meets the minimum criteria. That's ridiculous.

Aug 27, 2022 - edited Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

So much strife, much grief

You lot should look at some girls

With hot muscle feet

I swear to god, haiku is the way. I HATE haiku, it is the worst form of poetry, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

EDIT: I gotta say I am curious about the algorithm being used for this. My curiosity is genuine. I could write paragraphs explaining why but it would really be TLTR. I entered a contest recently, we lost, and I am sort of glad that we did because the next step would be to design a traffic stop that could teach people how to drive. I wouldn't even know how to start.

Aug 27, 2022 - edited Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

So "giant arms" meets the minimum criteria. That's ridiculous.

Maybe, just maybe, that particular person has not said "giant arms" yet. Or there aren't too many similar comments yet. So I might predict that next there will be a rush to use all acceptable but simplistic and inane comments, until the filter starts rejecting them for being too common.

I wrote 3 lines, complimenting her biceps, the great pump she was achieving, her desire to get bigger and looking forward to her journey. This along with several previous attempts were all rejected.

An earlier mistake was that people thought offensive comments were the problem. So they started sucking up to the women and were furious when that failed.

Next mistake seems to be that people think short comments are the problem. So they start writing like they had a thought disorder, repeating the same thing ten times in slightly different forms and again become furious when that fails.

This is worse than all television. Constantly someone complains. And half the time I realize their mistake immediately. But half the time I wonder if a real problem in the filter has been found. But then 95 % of the time the discussion that follows could be translated to "I wrote lots of fawning and overused verbal diarrhea, why wasn't that accepted", "well, because you wrote lots of fawning and overused verbal diarrhea" and finally "my civil rights have been violated, this is dictatorship, this is going to start a nuclear war".

I have really no idea how the filter works and I don't even want to because then I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.

But neither do the complainers know how it works. They simply assume that it has this one rule or one method or one criterion, they thought they avoided it and become enraged when they did not. But there are at least three interesting possibilities.

First one is that the thing in itself that you tried to say was rejected, such as crude sexual remarks or repeated smileys or exclamation marks. Or you have said that very thing or something similar too many times. Or everyone else has said that thing or something similar too many times.

One simple rule that seems to work 99 % of the time is to use your brains. If you don't have any then do not comment. But at least do not imagine that you are having a monologue in a muscle worship session. What mostly gets rejected, at least so it seems to me, could be described as "emotional dumping". Or "private fantasies".

Chainer
Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

This thread is no longer about bugs in the filter but rather about reasons why you don't like the way it works, so I'm locking this and redirecting to the other thread: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

If you notice something that you think is actually an unintended bug in the filter, please open another thread in this section.

Thread locked by Chainer.
« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »