Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

the "teen" tag

Jul 30, 2022 - edited Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

Apparently we have a "teen" tag yet the upload rules state: No images of minors (under 18).

So uploaders need to be 100% sure of the age (either 18 or 19) of the subject at the time the photograph was taken which is unlikely. otherwise the "teen" tag is either against the rules, meaningless, inaccurate or possibly illegal.

Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

I’m guessing that the tag is a relic from a time before the no minors rule.

Jul 30, 2022 - edited Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

Posting nude minors on the net is illegal, even for parents. You will likely only find illegal images if that is your intentions.

Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

Oh, the moral outrage! Jesus is crying in heaven.

Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

Yeah, early days on GWM had different standards, and some people were posting pix of young teens.

Every now and then, I run across photos that are obviously of minors and I report them. Hell, sometimes I report images that I think might be minors; if the mods don't agree, no harm done.

The mods just don't have the banddwidth to hunt that stuff down; they rely upon the general users to bring them to their attention.

Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

It’s wishful thinking. Most images tagged as “teen” are of women in their early twenties.

fp909
Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

definitely some of the women in their early 20s have a more youthful look, but I feel in general people don't shed that look until 24-25, so it's probably ok.

Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

ikr. Some people have nothing better to do than virtue signaling

Jul 30, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by PP1000
Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

Apparently we have a "teen" tag yet the upload rules state: No images of minors (under 18).

So uploaders need to be 100% sure of the age (either 18 or 19) of the subject at the time the photograph was taken which is unlikely. otherwise the "teen" tag is either against the rules, meaningless, inaccurate or possibly illegal.

Definitely not illegal. We don't post nudes here.

Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

The whole Chris Hansen moral outrage thing is by far my least favorite thing about this site. So fucking stupid.

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

The teen tag is a left over from long ago - anyways, most of the pics tagged as teen aren't even actual teens

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

Yeah kinda weird that rule had to be specified to begin with but as far as I know no actual minors get posted there anymore, 18-20 at the youngest

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

The whole Chris Hansen moral outrage thing is by far my least favorite thing about this site. So fucking stupid.

Yeah man, how dare they keep you from checking out kids.

cgsweat
Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

walks in with a camera crew

Why don't you have a seat, hedgeborn.

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if the people arguing in favor of pedophilia, are the same ones asking FBBs to squash their pet hamsters.

Chainer
Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

I think if you use the tag on a 20 year old, it's not the biggest crime in the world...

I do think a corresponding "mature" tag for the opposite side of the age spectrum would have been good, but I haven't been adding new tags for a while.

Jul 31, 2022 - edited Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

Definitely not illegal. We don't post nudes here.

Nudes still get posted. It's just that they get reported and Mods remove them before you happen to see them. Whatever rules you have some people ignore them. If you want to use the "teen" tag as a synonym for "young", then fine, so be it. But on other sites some tags can become meaningless with overuse , like any woman over 20 getting labelled as a "MILF".

The Mods will have to do what is necessary.

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

It's a relic from creepier times, in which you'd have overt slavering over minors in this site. Then you have the even weirder wishful thinking of guys tagging women - sometimes even in their late 20s - as teens.

Definitely a tag that has managed the feat of overstaying the welcome it was never really granted.

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

Yeah they definitely need to remove the tag or at the very least change it to something to “young” like PP1000 sort of suggests. Unfortunately, I know mods don’t have any plans of doing that considering what Chainer posted.

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

Yeah man, how dare they keep you from checking out kids.

A fully clothed 17 1/2 year old isn't a "kid". Nothing magically happens between the age of 17 and 18 that transforms the universe. But I get it. I wouldn't date or be with someone anywhere under 25 in real life. I just don't think we need to police a site that's non-nude quite so aggressively, but it's not my call to make so whatever.

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if the people arguing in favor of pedophilia, are the same ones asking FBBs to squash their pet hamsters.

You should look up the definition of pedophilia because you clearly don't know what it means. It involves actual prepubescent children and it's disgusting. It has nothing to do with looking at fully clothed 16 & 17 year olds.

But I'm not going to beat a dead horse here. The "moral majority" won out and the mods make the calls.

Chainer
Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

Yeah they definitely need to remove the tag or at the very least change it to something to “young” like PP1000 sort of suggests. Unfortunately, I know mods don’t have any plans of doing that considering what Chainer posted.

"Young" would be a bad tag name for this because it would be applied even more arbitrarily than "teen". If you're a retiree browsing the site, almost every woman on here is "young" to you. At least with "teen" there is a chance that the tag gets used in a more meaningful manner because the term means something specific.

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

this whole thread just seems unnecessary the teen tag isn't even used for teens most of the time so whatever just let it be why create something out of nothing when you don't have to

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

It's a relic from creepier times, in which you'd have overt slavering over minors in this site.

Have you ever been on Youtube and would your ideas carry over? Would it not then make more sense to report the user's comment than calling every person who sees the pic a creep and inferring that we are a bunch of dogs with the pink bit hanging out?

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »