Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

The decline of search quality over time

cgsweat
Jul 29, 2022 - permalink

Has anyone else noticed that Google and Youtube produce lower quality results than they used to? I used to be able to use Google fairly reliably up until a year or two ago to reverse search images. Youtube (also owned by Google) seems to return as few (barely relevant) results as possible these days. Is there a reason for this?

How does everyone else get around this? Are there ways? Are other search engines more viable? Are there hidden settings in Google that I'm not aware of?

Jul 29, 2022 - permalink

apparently yandex image search is better https://yandex.com/images/

other than that, yes. google sucks now

fp909
Jul 29, 2022 - permalink

yeah people are gaming the SEO to move results around, and it's difficult. and there's so many info scraper sites around that if you're searching images it gives you a bunch of garbage back

Jul 29, 2022 - permalink

Yea i noticed it with a lot of topics i think Google only wants big sites to show up and i think the people at YouTube have realized some people have a fem muscle fetish back in the day i watched a lot of fbb videos on YouTube but now the good stuff gets banned quickly

Some people will laugh at this but i like to use Bing for fbb videos they have got a nice image search and the video search is fantastic for finding things that are not on YouTube

but Bing still has a bad reputation from the windows Vista years but i will say it's not always perfect when you search for a fbb who has the same name as someone else

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »