Forum > Announcements > Thread

New image comment quality filter

« first < prev Page 2 of 10 next > last »
Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

@dexerino……The filter was just put in effect recently (last week or so)…..Therefore the comments that are getting rejected are the current ones

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

I see. So one word posts are a thing of the past. “Perfection” “Beautiful” “Amazing”

Cool.

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

How are you defining quality regarding commenting on this site? The definition seems arbitrary to me...

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

"Nearly 95% of my comments.......commenting is one of the best parts of this site."

Not for those who had to keep reading "what a flex" " "what a woman" "goddess" etc. over and over again.

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

"Nearly 95% of my comments.......commenting is one of the best parts of this site."

Not for those who had to keep reading "what a flex" " "what a woman" "goddess" etc. over and over again.

I made a drinking game out of every time he used the phrase “what a woman” and used ellipses. Turns out I have only gone to the Emergency Room 4 times, but I might now have cirrhosis.

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

"Chug - a - lug!" Down the hatch !

[deleted]
Jul 18, 2022 - edited Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

This is just ridiculous. If people aren't saying anything offensive, then let them say what they want.

I tried to edit a comment on Noof Yusuf that wouldn't edit because it fell below the quality threshold.

It was a factual compliment, nothing more. I said she's pretty and way stronger than most men. It got through the first time, but I couldn't edit it. All I wanted to do is change the italics on a word.

Am I supposed to write an essay on the merits of female bodybuilding now to meet this "quality threshold?" WTF

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

I made a drinking game out of every time he used the phrase “what a woman” and used ellipses. Turns out I have only gone to the Emergency Room 4 times, but I might now have cirrhosis.

Wow Gatsby! I was going to say that I thought you had a drinking problem, but it sounds like you're pretty good at it to me! 🍺🤣

Jul 19, 2022 - edited Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

I made a drinking game out of taking a shot every time someone claimed that women are stronger than men. I'm dead now.

On the bright side, in the afterlife you look exactly as you did when you died and there are a lot of women who used too much tren here. Puts Rio to shame, really.

Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

There is a classic Blondie song called Die Young Stay Pretty. And Keith Richards has been dead for years and he still looks good. 🤣

Chainer
Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

A few responses to what's been said so far:

The inability to edit your existing comments is a bug. I'll try to have it fixed soon.

This shouldn't affect the performance of the site as a whole since it's just one fairly quick check at the time you make your comment. More than likely you just happened to be on the site at a high load time.

Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

Nearly 95% of my comments are getting that error message……Very frustrating Commenting is one of the best parts of this site

I agree with PlutoFlyBy. And I post nothing inappropriate. Needs some work.

Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

Nearly 95% of my comments are getting that error message……Very frustrating Commenting is one of the best parts of this site

Mine too. I don't post rude posts and often post small paragraphs.

[deleted]
Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

A few responses to what's been said so far:

The inability to edit your existing comments is a bug. I'll try to have it fixed soon.

This shouldn't affect the performance of the site as a whole since it's just one fairly quick check at the time you make your comment. More than likely you just happened to be on the site at a high load time.

Thanks, Chainer!

Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

Reminds me of the Fight Club project mayhem applicants scene:

'If the comment is long, say it's too long. If the comment is short, say it's too short. If the comment references the subject's body, say it is inappropriate. If it doesn't, say it is irrelevant. If the commenter attempts to repost the comment for three days, going without food, water or rest, let the comment be posted'.

(Just so we're clear I think this is an interesting idea, and have no other feelings towards it one way or another. Just trying to have a little fun)

Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

'If the comment is long, say it's too long. If the comment is short, say it's too short. If the comment references the subject's body, say it is inappropriate. If it doesn't, say it is irrelevant. If the commenter attempts to repost the comment for three days, going without food, water or rest, let the comment be posted'.

Haha!! Very good! Makes me think of my last job!

Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

How are you defining quality regarding commenting on this site? The definition seems arbitrary to me...

An easy way to approach the issue is to list as many comments as possible that are not quality comments. Then list as many as possible that are. Then draw the line somewhere in between.

Still people keep saying that the problem is offensiveness. My money is on some form of inanity instead. Inane comments outnumber offensive comments at least ten to one.

I remember fondly when I and the guys thought of Fight Club as an exploration into lost masculinity. Well, it kinda is. I later found out that it's an allegory of gay culture. But that's far more obvious in the book than in the movie.

Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

Probably rejects if any of the following are true: 1. Comment too short 2. Comment contains any of a list of banned words (e.g. "boing") 3. More than two consecutive vowels.

Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

Probably rejects if any of the following are true: 1. Comment too short 2. Comment contains any of a list of banned words (e.g. "boing") 3. More than two consecutive vowels.

That makes sense. I will admit I've used consecutive vowels and $ instead of S when writing the eupehmism for 'bum'.

Jul 20, 2022 - permalink

I posted a simple comment, "Good LORD!" It went through. I'll admit, most of my comments do not involve drooling, grabbing my groin or mentioning "I'd like to have some form of sexual interaction with her!", but so far, nothing has been cancelled.

Jul 20, 2022 - permalink

Don't like it

Jul 20, 2022 - permalink

I posted a simple comment

I always found these religious exclamations puzzling and a tiny bit of me expected them to get rejected too. Also that maybe it's just an American cultural thing. But if people think they see the truth of their existence in these pictures, then it becomes perfectly logical.

Jul 20, 2022 - permalink

Perhaps instead of clamping down on expressing our admiration for the ladies...I'd be more keen on admin clamping down on members who attack other members for their comments. That's much more damaging for our GWM community than 'silly' comments like "THICC", "SXY" or "A$$".

Jul 20, 2022 - permalink

I'd be more keen on admin clamping down on members who attack other members for their comments.

Earlier when I referred to offensiveness I was still thinking of offensive as in lewd or lascivious.

But I see there's another kind of offensiveness in telling someone to get lost or calling someone an idiot, deluded or a dumb fuck instead of simply pointing out that no, she is definitely not natural.

Or is there even a third type of being offensive?

« first < prev Page 2 of 10 next > last »