Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

FBBs on UK TV

Jul 27, 2022 - permalink

What was the premise of the Guilty TV show?

Is the sound not working on that clip?

So I'm from the UK and there are a couple I remember:

• Andrulla Blanchette was on Guilty Sky Two presented by Carole Malone

• Lisa Cross was on A League of their own

• There was the FBB Klingon that you can see at the end of Star Trek Final Frontier

• Who used to watch EuroTrash for all the tits and occasional bodybuilder bit?

Sorry I can't find any YouTube links to them.

Jul 27, 2022 - permalink

There is no sound on the clip. The premise of that show with Andrulla on was the guy on the left is the husband of the woman in the second clip. He wants her to get bigger and the guy on the right (his mate) says he's pushing her and she doesn't want it and he thinks it's wrong. Then both present their arguments and then the studio audience decides if he is "GUILTY" or not. Spoiler alert they found him guilty.

Jul 27, 2022 - permalink

Emma James (Storm) was on a quiz show (24hr quiz?), sadly I missed it and I’ve never found a video of it.

Jul 27, 2022 - permalink

Cheers for clarifying that

both andrulla and the other fbb looked pretty fine....

There is no sound on the clip. The premise of that show with Andrulla on was the guy on the left is the husband of the woman in the second clip. He wants her to get bigger and the guy on the right (his mate) says he's pushing her and she doesn't want it and he thinks it's wrong. Then both present their arguments and then the studio audience decides if he is "GUILTY" or not. Spoiler alert they found him guilty.

Jul 27, 2022 - permalink

This episode of Hart to Hart is one I remember well.

https://youtu.be/06E3uSLdksQ

Jul 27, 2022 - permalink

If I remember correctly, the other FBB besides Blanchette is named Amanda but I was never able to find her surname... She looked like she might have competed in the NABBA federation, her physique resembles the typical Figure shape embraced by this federation.

Jul 28, 2022 - permalink

UK:Netflix:Flinch ep3:Sharon Madderson lifts man:looks great throughout

Jul 29, 2022 - permalink

Well, well, well, this could be very interesting if it closely follows the contestant format of the original show. I wonder who the new female Gladiators are?

Lycra, perms and pugil sticks could once again become a mainstay of Saturday night television as Gladiators is set to return to screens.

The BBC is hoping to revive the show, which was a massive hit in the 90s, as early as next year.

Three decades after it first aired, BBC One is in talks with rights holders MGM Studios to bring back the format, complete with travelator and suspension bridge.

A new set of preliminary “gladiators” has already been selected, according to reports, with filming planned to begin in Sheffield in 2023. A final decision on casting is expected once talks with the broadcaster conclude.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/...

Jul 29, 2022 - permalink

That's interesting but with the English broadcasting company doing it will be PC to the ninth degree!!

cgsweat
Jul 29, 2022 - permalink

Oh? As an American, I always knew of "American Gladiators." Is this another show that originated in the UK?

Jul 30, 2022 - permalink

No, it started in the US.

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

I remember there was a report on a local news programme Anglia News in the 1990s about a female bodybuilder ‘(‘A Muscular Miss’ as the presenter described her) at a gym in Peterborough but can’t rember her name.

Jul 31, 2022 - permalink

British television has always been ahead of everyone when it comes to programming.

Aug 10, 2022 - edited Aug 10, 2022 - permalink

Sorry, I seem to be getting over-excited by this thread! Anyway, another source of femuscle was athletics of course. I fondly remember perving over an English 100m hurdler called Wendy Jeal - she was very muscular, particularly her legs and and glutes.

Attached are two grainy clips. The first is a race. The build up is quite good as the commentator mentions that her nickname is "muscles" due to her conditioning and he makes some direct references to her physique too (I think he was as excited as I was!). The second clip is 45 minutes of footage of a Schmoe film-maker filming her muscular legs.....

https://youtu.be/CerYtxD79-E

https://youtu.be/nly53dAZ1uY

I'm always blown away by how lean and muscular her legs were just as a by product of her athletics training. Possibly the most impressive legs I've ever seen on any girl, let alone a girl who wasn't even competing in the muscle scene. The definition in her legs was truly unbelievable, like a living anatomy model. If she still raced today people here would be losing their minds over her.

Aug 16, 2022 - permalink

> I remember a Noel Edmunds programme, not the one with Panther from Gladiators, but another where he had 4 members in the front row of the audience wearing a robe. Noel asked another member of the audience whether they thought the person wearing the robe was a bodybuilder or not, based by their face. One of the four robed people was a dark haired pretty woman which they had guessed as a non bodybuilder. When she disrobed she did a double bicep pose with some big biceps. Of the other 3, 2 guys non bodybuilder and the other guy was a bodybuilder. Watching this at home with my Mum, I guess around 1989 or 1990, when I was 16, was uncomfortable particularly when my Mum said that the woman had bigger muscles then the men!!!! > > Anyone recall that show? I guess early evening midweek. > > I also recall That’s Life where they had a female bodybuilder in a robe out in public and they were asking the public whether they thought she was attractive based on her face (again pretty girl) and then asked them the same question when she disrobed displaying all her muscles…. I recall a pensioner being rather smitten….

The FBB on That's Life was also Marilyn Luscombe. I remember that one!

I can't believe it! I was trying to find this for years and years online. I tried to search for it in so many different ways. But I couldn't remember the title of the show. I remember it so vividly. Was amazing to see it that first time back on tv.

Aug 16, 2022 - permalink

Marilyn Luscombe also appeared on Wogan, as did Donna Hartley.

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

The second clip is 45 minutes of footage of a Schmoe film-maker filming her muscular legs.....

https://youtu.be/CerYtxD79-E

https://youtu.be/nly53dAZ1uY

Dunno maybe you're new to the scene.

The Schmoes in question are WPW or Women's Physique World. THE company who documented female bodybuilding from the beginning and have produced 300-400 videos along with their Women's Physique World magazines. That was their video banner they introduced all their women with except the WPW had been edited out. Tom Wennerstrom who helped create WPW and was prominent in the FBB scene for decades was in the video as well.

Sep 19, 2022 - permalink

Awesome thread. Hope more posts to come. Any link to the Noel Edmonds show?

If you mean 'Noel's Addicts', the clip is here on GWM:

If you mean the female bodybuilders appearing on 'Whatever Next...', then all I have ever been able to find is this clip of the opening titles:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_xLi1xu9PU

Sep 30, 2022 - permalink

There's a new trailer for BBC2 that has an FBB posing on it for maybe about one second, not long wnough for me to work out who it is.

Sep 30, 2022 - permalink

There's a new trailer for BBC2 that has an FBB posing on it for maybe about one second, not long wnough for me to work out who it is.

What's the trailer for?

Sep 30, 2022 - permalink

Would like to know as well.

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

What's the trailer for?

It's a channel trailer rather than for a specific programme.

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink

It's a channel trailer rather than for a specific programme.

It is a promotion for BBC radio "one of the family " About 18 months old . The female bodybuilder has enormous arms - so probably morphed .

« first < prev Page 4 of 6 next > last »