Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

"Recently Favorited" has replaced "Recently Commented" on the front page (reverted)

Jul 13, 2022 - permalink

Chainer was brilliant !

[deleted]
Jul 14, 2022 - permalink

Chainer was brilliant !

GWM is the best female muscle site on the WWW

M76
Jul 14, 2022 - permalink

> "Hidden Gems" is good. Please keep it. Those who don't want to partake can feel free to skip over.

I don't think there's any move to get rid of it. I was just expressing that it's completely useless to me. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've clicked on a "hidden gem" in the many years that I've been on GWM. To me, it's as if GWM finds the most conventional, boring images -- even of FBBs I'm a fan of -- and puts them there. Just my opinion. Nothing more.

Edit: That's not to say that I don't like the women on the "Hidden Gems" section .. They're gorgeous and amazing. My tastes are just not aligned with that section much. It's me, not the section.

Hidden gems is not curated by GWM. Users can submit images to it based on a few criteria. I think there should be a cooldown period before the same model can be bumped to the top of hidden gems again if there isn't one already.

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

Hidden gems is not curated by GWM. Users can submit images to it based on a few criteria. I think there should be a cooldown period before the same model can be bumped to the top of hidden gems again if there isn't one already.

There is - see here. Chainer has us all pretty well figured out!

Out of curiosity, I took a look at the top 200 givers of favorites in the users list. Here are their scores:

4 have handed out more than 100 favorites daily since joining GWM; 13 have handed out 50 - 99 daily; 17 have handed out 33 - 49 daily

That's more than 2000 favorites per day given by just over 30 users. It's definitely too easy to favorite an image, and especially with the new comments filter it actually takes an effort to make a comment. So I'm all in favor of going back to "Recently Commented".

By the way, the reason for choosing 33 per day is that it's the total number of favorites that I have given ever. Probably because of this, Recommended for You works well for me.

Here's a thought: how about limiting the total score that each user can give per day? If someone chooses 100 images in a day, the maximum score could be divided between them.

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

What do you mean by giving a score? +1 is giving a score to me. Making it a favourite is just that and nothing else.

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

What do you mean by giving a score? +1 is giving a score to me. Making it a favourite is just that and nothing else.

Clicking Favorite adds 1 to the score of an image and adds it to your favorites. Clicking +1 adds to to score of an image without adding it to your favorites.

Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

He's not overthinking anything. People got tired of getting notices for the same obnoxious one or two word comments, from the same offenders, over and over again.

Chainer
Jul 19, 2022 - permalink

You definitely don't need to write a paragraph, just check some recent comments on some pics for reference.

« first < prev Page 4 of 4 next > last »