Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Herbiceps Photographers

cgsweat
Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

I'm an old school member of HB, back when they used to give credit to their photographers. I remember back then the prominent names were Tre Scott and Mike Eckstut. There may have been others but I don't remember at this point.

Supposedly Sean Nelson does most of the work now. Are there any other photographers working there? Are Tre and Mike retired?

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

Robby Brand has his own Projeckt for years now

cgsweat
Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

Yes that's true I guess he did used to shoot for HB, although I think it was somewhat brief. I think he shoots mostly for the "Amazing Muscle Beauties" site.

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

Yes his own site "Amazing Muscle Beauties"

fp909
Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

Correct me if I'm wrong but Robby was a contributor when they were unable to get European women because of obvious travel restrictions. I know Sean just went out or plans on going out there but that's more of a tour than like a weekend in Vegas with a few women to get some shoots in.

I'd actually be interested in the current roster. I know Sean of course. I haven't seen or heard from Mike in ages (personally, I haven't heard from him or contacted him since I myself asked him if I could be a contributing photographer back in 2007).

I know there's a couple of guys that show up regularly on camera but I've heard that one of them actually does graphics, editing or photo work. TBH i don't often look too closely and I know Sean credits his own photos but I haven't seen or noticed any other names being credited, so just curious. Seems like he's the CD as far as photography is concerned but not sure about editorial either.

Jun 30, 2022 - edited Jul 23, 2022 - permalink

Lots of terrific shooters have come through over the years, some also from the olde DTV clan. A few have gone on to launch their own successful web enterprises. RIP Boomer

Sean has done the majority of shooting for several years now, with other contributors pitching in here and there. Neither Mike nor I shoot anymore. Sean travels to major bodybuilding events and makes short trips for some individuals and, of course, he does a lot of shooting locally. It's been a while since Sean last went overseas, so he's excited about the upcoming trip.

Robby is incredible. I've seen some of the videos he did and found them very entertaining.

Anything you've heard from any non-HB source about who's doing what was probably bullshit and can be disregarded. You can occasionally catch Mike hosting the live Help Desk on HBC if you'd like to chat.

cgsweat
Jul 01, 2022 - permalink

Thanks Tre. Appreciate your work over the years and your continued insight and reflections for us.

Neither Mike nor I shoot anymore.

Sad to hear but I guess every ship must sail.

You can occasionally catch Mike hosting the live Help Desk on HBC if you'd like to chat.

To be honest I never knew this was a thing... first time I heard of a live help desk. Anytime I get on HBC I'm just looking for the girls 😉

fp909
Jul 01, 2022 - permalink

I’ve def dropped in to chat when Tre was in a couple of times talking about the old days haha

Jul 01, 2022 - permalink

How do you get a job like that? Message the admins of the website and plead?

Jul 01, 2022 - permalink

And we appreciate the now - officially - DECADES of support. 🙏

We don’t really advertise the Help Desk, because it’s not a regular offering, but many of the guys who spend a lot of time on the site know it will pop up from time-to-time. And yes, it is also our preference that you focus on the models. 😉

How do you get a job like that? Message the admins of the website and plead?

Email your resumé and cover letter to webmaster@herbiceps.com. If you’re looking for work in creative, content creation (photo/video), editing, etc., be sure to send a link to your portfolio.

Jan 09, 2023 - permalink

Interesting thread, folks...

The HerBiceps and Femflex teams have had some overlap over the years...but when I started HB, the shooters were Michael Eckstut (me) and Boomer (RIP). Tre Scott taught me photogrpahy and was always around as well, though he went on to do Femflex. We had occasional contributions and help on shoots from TomNine as well. My wife at the time, the Muscle Duck, also did some shooting for us. Rick Oliver was an early member of the team from Canada and did a lot of work up there for us, and occasionally joined us for a trip to the states. We had many guest shooters over the years like John Stutz and Kip from Utopia and Rick Dobbins and others I'm likely forgetting, but the main stays besides ourselves were Mary Ann Glascock, Jeff Binns and Steve Virago for Tre's team. Jeff Binns eventually came to work for HB for a couple years, and Sean Nelson has been a main stay for about 15 years now. Robby Brand and Lou Krivda were also fantastic contributors for years, on the side, before leaving to do their own websites. JC Lopez worked for me for a very short period of time as well before going off to do his own thing. Joe from HDPhysiques did some shooting for Tre along with David C as well. JP Erickson was a collaborator with Tre on some other sites along with Connor from FitSquad. Jen C was behind the scenes for many years as well, and her contributions have to be acknowledged. Since moving to Las Vegas and modernizing the operation somewhat, we've had other shooters including guest shooters like Jen Chamberlin and Cory Willaby, to in house guys who didn't stay too long like John and Anthony (who you can see as victims in some wrestling and armwrestling videos). TK was a shooter for years, but never got in front of the camera and isn't in the business any longer. Ron Simon, Joey and Reid are all active for us behing the camera or in front of it, and have been important over the last 5 years or so as well. Ron has actually been shooting off and on for us for many years now (almost 10). There's another Tom, an old friend of Lou's, that helped out here and there in the past, mostly when Lou was shooting for us. I'm sure I'll be able to think of 3-4 more contributors, and we will have more in the future.

Jan 09, 2023 - permalink

I'm an old school member of HB, back when they used to give credit to their photographers. I remember back then the prominent names were Tre Scott and Mike Eckstut. There may have been others but I don't remember at this point.

Supposedly Sean Nelson does most of the work now. Are there any other photographers working there? Are Tre and Mike retired?

To more directly answer this question Tre and I actively work on the sites and as producers behind the scenes, but we're too old and fat and married to spend too much of our time, like we used to, chasing shoots and texting with hundreds of fbbs all the time.

Jan 13, 2023 - permalink

Great recall, Mike.

Simon Lau was early on Christy Resendes, Tamara Vahn, and several others.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »