Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Wife/girlfriend too muscular?

Jun 27, 2022 - permalink

There are several guys here with muscular girls at their side. I am wondering. Can you live with the fact that your girl looks more muscular than you? This a sort of a man thing to be the bravest/strongest etc

My wife always looks sort of trained, low fat level, so she nearly never trains (I've attached a random pic, but cannot show the face, she would hate me ;) Sometimes people tell her how good her abs looks or her biceps. I get proud and jealous. I am a fit guy, but muscles do not show well because of higher fat level. It sort of hurts me a little. But due to some family problems I have not much time to train right ok.

Jun 27, 2022 - permalink

Well no i want a girlfriend that is more muscular than me i also want to get stronger but i am too lazy to get it done working out makes me feel bad so i don't do it much and i love to feel her over powering strength too.

Jun 27, 2022 - permalink

I can understand it. I think most of you guys who come to this site love female muscles. The question is, would you love your wife or girlfriend to be muscular or even more muscular than you are. I am sort of a shy guy and don't like it when people talk about me. I think I would be sort or embarrassed when my wife would be stronger or much more muscular than me. But yeah, this is just me. I suppose here are many guys who think otherwise.

Jun 27, 2022 - permalink

i don't think your wife would be more muscular than you. on any case, would be fitter, but i doubt she would gain more mass than you do.

just be proud of her, she looks incredible, and not talking about just the muscles, what can be seen of her face is beautiful. i'd be happy with a woman like that next to me :)

Jun 27, 2022 - permalink

She looks beautiful! Love her muscles.

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

You sir, are a lucky man.

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

Is this a public humiliation fetish post? The woman in the picture has virtually no muscular definition.

If you're worried about looking bad relative to her because you're overweight, then you just need to make time to work out. Family problems or not, it's strictly a matter of how important getting in shape is to you. Find 15 minutes a day then find 15 more.

vr4
Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

Is this a public humiliation fetish post? The woman in the picture has virtually no muscular definition.

If you're worried about looking bad relative to her because you're overweight, then you just need to make time to work out. Family problems or not, it's strictly a matter of how important getting in shape is to you. Find 15 minutes a day then find 15 more.

virtually no muscular definition? more than lets say...

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

virtually no muscular definition? more than lets say...

LMAO what?

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

If people told my wife her abs and biceps looked good, I would try to persuade her to make them look better. Nothing to be jealous about. If people said she looked better than me, I couldn't care less. What is important is what she thinks about me.

Jun 28, 2022 - edited Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

My wife is actually more muscular than me. She would not pass the visual standards required here as full body photograph. But for the properly lighted bicep flex shot or thigh flex, she'd have a chance to be displayed on GWM.

I'm a skinny guy though. I'm 185cm high (6ft 1) and my weight floats somewhere around 74kgs. My wife is 180cm (5ft 11) and weight 80-82kgs (175-180 lbs). That's not all muscle but her build is quite athletic and she for example has slightly wider arms than I do. Her shoulder to shoulder (delt-to-delt) is 46cm relaxed and mine is 44cm. Also her deltoids are better developed than mine. This is a thing that makes me particularly attracted to her. We, as a couple break the stereotype that the quy is the bigger and wider one. I'm not bigger and wider. Just taller. She's the one having the V-taper on her back more visible. And she has her upper back better developed.

She also has bigger biceps than I do. Mine are 30cm left and 31cm right (flexed). She has both almost 33cm flexed (almost 13 inches). It's not that much visible on her big frame but when I grab her bicep... oh man! Also, if she cut on fat even more her arms would be much more defined but I love the way she looks right now since it's sustainable long term and getting slowly bigger on calories surplus (last summer she weighted 5kgs less).

If I started to exercise I'd probably catch-up those few centimeters in shoulder width and biceps but she knows about my muscle-women fetish and she totally accepts the fact that I don't want to have more developed upper body physique than her. In fact she's really into skinny guys.

What I really appreciate in my wife is that she really has solid and strong body. Not talking about only muscularity but also the frame itself, her height and strength as well. I don't have to be delicate with her in bed, if you know what I mean ;)

My dream is that she got even more muscle mass and get more ripped. She knows it but without PEDs that will probably take lots of time.

People don't really judge us in any way that I'm narrower/thinner/less fit than my wife (or at least I'm not aware of that). On the contrary we often hear that we match each other visually.

The other aspect of our relationship is that I'm the one in charge, I have all the mental/social skills traditionally associated to men more prominent. Mentally I'm the man and she's the woman. In the beginning she was very shy to start with weight training but fortunately the mainstream media and internet started to show that women can have muscles too and she got confident enough to start lifting. Secretly I'd love her to go with some supplements like creatine but that's still a line she doesn't want to pass.

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

My wife used to do/teach Irish dancing. Her legs are much more muscular than mine. She had quite noticeable abs (through some of her clothing) before she retired. Didn't bother me one iota. I work out, but I'm more toned than bulky. Short (5'5"). My wife us 5'7". My legs aren't toothpicks, but I'm African American, so my calves aren't the biggest. My thighs are quite muscular, but her thighs and calves are MUCH more muscular than mine. Doesn't bother me at all.

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

I think this should remain in the realm of fantasy. Although I would love to be with a girl who is much more stronger and muscular than me. If you look at real life, it is not very practical

cgsweat
Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

My legs aren't toothpicks, but I'm African American, so my calves aren't the biggest.

I've never heard of that. Does race actually have anything to do with calf size? I've seen plenty of black bodybuilders with great calves.

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

It's my understanding that people of african descent, in general, have higher gastrocnemius and soleus insertions which can limit calf size (generally speaking of course). Just comparing my calves to my wife's, she has much thicker ankles because her calf muscle insertions are much lower. Leaving more muscle to build. My ankles are relatively thin. My calf muscles aren't as long as hers. There's less muscle to build up. At least that's what a physiologist told me.

Jun 29, 2022 - permalink

Thanks for your answers guys. Really interesting to read different options. But I got misunderstood (English is not my best language :) . I am stronger than my wife (83kg with 1,8m) and fit. Did Triathlon for years, gained some mass and fat over the last couple of years. My wife was a dancer, but quit because of our children. For the last couple of years she did not much sports. Like I wrote, we have some family problem here that takes time and concerns our children. Yeah I know, 15 mins a day of sports should work. But most time I am physically and mentally through after hard days.

But to get back to my point. My wife is thin with low fat level. That's why her muscles always show. She carried a lot our children and that's where her arms got mor defined. I am so proud this happened. She realized she has some good genetics to built muscles.

In public or with friends they mention, how fit she looks and what she does. But I personally get the feeling, I should be the part to be more muscular, looking more like a man. Instead of my wife. But yeah, those are old cliché. In future I will try to train more. But despite to my own body type, muscles will not be so defined, rather thick with fat on them.

Thanks guys again for your answers. I know we all love muscles and I wish for all of us to have what we aim for :)

vr4
Jun 30, 2022 - permalink

I've never heard of that. Does race actually have anything to do with calf size? I've seen plenty of black bodybuilders with great calves.

I think it does... a lot of Asian women have great calf muscles

[deleted]
Jun 30, 2022 - permalink

My gf now have legs stronger than mine, but I still have advantage in upper body. It is so much fun when she flex quads in private and luckily her biceps are not big, so my friends don't find her strong or muscular.

Jun 30, 2022 - permalink

That’s kind of an odd thing to say. There would be few on here saying “luckily her biceps are not big”. Leads me to believe you don’t want others to know you have a muscular gf?

My gf now have legs stronger than mine, but I still have advantage in upper body. It is so much fun when she flex quads in private and luckily her biceps are not big, so my friends don't find her strong or muscular.

Jun 30, 2022 - permalink

This is what we call a "first world problem".

I'd love to have your "problem" LOL

[deleted]
Jun 30, 2022 - permalink

That’s kind of an odd thing to say. There would be few on here saying “luckily her biceps are not big”. Leads me to believe you don’t want others to know you have a muscular gf?

It is so much fun when she flex quads in private and luckily her biceps are not big, so my friends don't find her strong or muscular.

I love her gains and it is so exciting in private, but I think it will be too humiliating if she get obviously stronger than me and we walk in public and everyone comment she is stronger than me.

That is why I started workout too, to keep at least my upper body stronger than her.

Jun 30, 2022 - permalink

It does. Asians by default are shorter, stockier and have huge calves. Africans generally are built for running, that's why you tend to see black athletes dominate sports that require a lot of running. Of course, variations exist. Not everybody of any given race will adhere to those standards, but it's generally true.

« first < prev Page 1 of 3 next > last »