Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Private Messaging

Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

Hey Guys, is it just me? Or have others had the same experience?

When I sent out a private message here at GWM, I get a maximum of 30 percent feedback. 10 sent - 3 guys answer...

Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

Why would you want to send or receive a pm? Seems creepy

Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

It all depends on the person and your message. If you just write hi then chances are you will not get a reply. But if you write a detailed message like we have a lot of favorites in common or that I read your thoughts on this thread and we are similar, than chances are that you will get a reply

cgsweat
Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

When I sent out a private message here at GWM, I get a maximum of 30 percent feedback. 10 sent - 3 guys answer...

Are you referring to chat room PM's or the site's message system?

Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

Probably depends a lot on the message. Sometimes people are not into having a private conversation or the topic isn't interesting to people.

I get PMs with an image all the time, no context. And they get no reply from me.

Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

I dunno. I had someone message me saying they wanted to chat. Then when I messaged them back they stopped talking lol.

Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

Message system. And yes... I do try to explain why I am writing, explain the commen things I saw. No "Hi" or pics.

cgsweat
Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

From my experience and perspective:

When it comes to the message system, users don't really use it too often. They tend to get their social needs (if they have any) through forum threads and the chat room. And some users aren't on this site often enough to expect them to always reply right away. And most of them (again) aren't expecting to receive any messages, especially from someone they might not have ever spoken to before, so they have little to no reason to check their messages. I've (more than once) received a reply from someone to a message I sent them months prior.

Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

Hey Guys, is it just me? Or have others had the same experience?

I don't check the messages often. When I do I'll answer a question maybe here and there, but I'm not really here to socialize and make friends. I don't have time for it to be honest and I'd rather not. I've had random people send me PM's that I didn't respond to because they were just odd or things like fantasy armwrestling leagues like "who would win if so and so armwrestled" or people just wanting to talk. I'm not interested in any of that.

Jun 22, 2022 - permalink

Yes, these answers meet my suspicion!

Jun 22, 2022 - permalink

Yeah some of the PMs around here can be creepy.

Jun 22, 2022 - permalink

Yeah some of the PMs around here can be creepy.

yes like - "do you like men with muscles too?" "are you muscular"!

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »