Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Would you bodybuild if it guarantees you could date a female bodybuilder/muscular woman?

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Was pondering a hypothetical. Also, I know we have a few male bodybuilders who are in relationships with female bodybuilders, but this question is for the dudes who aren’t.

Let’s say that you meet a female bodybuilder (or muscular powerlifter, crossfitter, Olympic lifter, etc.) She agrees to go out with you and be in a relationship with you, but she tells you that, just like how you are attracted to muscles on women, she is attracted to muscles on men, and she wants you to also train heavily in bodybuilding/powerlifting/etc. I’m not talking about doing casual weights 3 days a week: she wants you to train extensively (6 days a week, and on a dedicated program) eat a very clean diet, and possibly use the same PEDs she is on. She says that only if you live that bodybuilder lifestyle would she continue to go out with you.

Would you do that?

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Seems a bit extreme to potentially do a complete upheaval of your life just to DATE a FBB. For everything she's asking you to do, it'd better turn into a serious relationship, otherwise it's not worth it.

cgsweat
Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Would you do that?

Personally, I already workout some, but the answer to that question would be no. If she demands that I make some serious lifestyle changes ("training heavily 6 days a week") for her to even consider dating me, she's not worth it. I wouldn't expect her to make changes like that in her life. No good relationship ever started with "I don't like you for who you are, you need to change to satisfy me."

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Seems a bit extreme to potentially do a complete upheaval of your life just to DATE a FBB. For everything she's asking you to do, it'd better turn into a serious relationship, otherwise it's not worth it.

That’s kind of what I mean. The hypothetical isn’t dating as a one or two-off where it’s only casual: I’m talking about a serious relationship.

Basically, the question is whether you would be willing to put in the same work and dedication that the women you are attracted to also put in.

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

No. It isn't worth that.

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

With the insane amount of work it takes and the roids that i will need that are illegal in my country i really think that is over kill

and some people think this is cringe or beta but the big appeal of dating a fbb is that she is stronger than me

The problem with dating fbbs is that there just are too few of them so the chances of finding one that likes you is tiny even if you look great you still don't have a big chance because there are way more male bodybuilders.

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

^ yotv, there is nothing wrong with going the natty route. Diet has to be on point and if you're trying to bulk you can do the dirty bulk or the clean bulk!

Like Yotov said I see more more bigger guys than muscle females. Not to say I see fbb but they are few to none where I lift. Though last one I saw is at another gym which I don't like going to (she might of been a figure competitor). But any who I'd just be happy if she was athletic and lifts.

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Too hypothetical. Gatsby needs to get out more. I've lifted weights for decades and go to a hardcore gym. Only the genetically fortunate and those using drugs for an advantage actually bodybuild. I was trying to get a decent amount of muscle, but after Covid and realizing my age/limits, I've scaled back my objectives.

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Most people hit the gym to attract partners anyway so whats the difference here?

[deleted]
Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

No, because being smaller is exactly one part that arouses me about this whole strong muscular woman thing.

Jun 14, 2022 - permalink

Absofuckinglutely I would. I already train pretty hard and would consider PEDS and would generally move mountains to get with an FBB. Sure, it may not last but it would be a hell of a ride.

Jun 14, 2022 - permalink

I think it depends on what you are already doing, it’s quite dumb to change for anyone other than yourself. If you are sedentary and skinny for starters and want to keep like that it’s not worth it.

But I’m already heading that way. I’m not a bodybuilder by any chance, but I go to they gym 5 or 6 days a week, train hard, have an athletic body and have just started to fix my diet which is around 90% on point.

So if a FBB is willing to show me the ropes on how to get as big (if not bigger) than her and push me further than I’m already pushing myself while also dating her, I’d take that opportunity. Heck it’ll even save me the money I’m using in a personal trainer and dietician.

For me what’s attractive about a FBB is the discipline, drive, power, strength and attention that comes with it. So if we are both strong, huge and bulging with muscles it’ll play even better with my fantasy.

We could be the power couple everyone will stare when we walk into a room and just think “look at them they are HUGE!!!!”

Jun 14, 2022 - permalink

That’s kind of what I mean. The hypothetical isn’t dating as a one or two-off where it’s only casual: I’m talking about a serious relationship.

Basically, the question is whether you would be willing to put in the same work and dedication that the women you are attracted to also put in.

Interesting hypothetical. We each have our own lanes with respect to what we're interested in for ourselves and what we're drawn to in prospective partners. Person A could very well enjoy putting significant time and dedication into working out, but they may be drawn to people who are into model trains. As for couple's activities, they may enjoy attending farmers' markets and outdoor music festivals together, two things which have nothing to do with what they love individually.

But, I'm 50. When I was in my 20s, I did all kinds of different shit to get the girl. lol

Jun 14, 2022 - permalink

No. I like bodybuilding, but I don’t love it. It’s all-consuming, and I’ve already got other things in my life I’m way more passionate about.

vr4
Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

I'd try it just for the experience

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

But think about it. You get to watch your girlfriend work out all day. Live. That's pretty much the dream. You don't necessarily have to bodybuilding. Just live a healthier lifestyle.

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

Great question by Gatsby28! This is not a hypothetical question this is as real as it gets. Buff women require the same from their men, that's a universal, no exceptions rule. If you desire a real relationship and not some kind of schmoe/sugar daddy transactional situation this is the only way.

Historically men would risk their lifes, go to war, or work themselfs to death just to have access to women. Granted this is not a condition no bodybuilding = no women at all, the stakes are much lower. But for everything worthy in life you have to push yourself to achieve, so in my book if you really want that then you have to work for it. I would gladly do it but for PEDs that's a harder sell for me.

Good news is that for the vast majority of GWM, a man with just a well build physique is good enough, no PEDs are needed. If you are not able or willing to provide that, be ready to overcompensate heavily in other areas like money or fame, or clout. And it will still not be enough for strong attraction.

Flip the scenario on its head and you will find a huge presentage of non training women that eventually took up competition when they got into a relationship with a male BB.

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

I don't need to do bodybuilding to date a woman bodybuilder. But I'll probably start to work out just to be well.

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

A million times yes. I've been working out (Calisthenics tho) for the last 3 years. Am yet to join a gym (always at the park).

Switching to weights would be a welcome mod to my routine. Not sure about the PEDs tho (would need advice on that).

Outside of dating a bodybuilder, the only level up (I feel) I am allowed as a schmoe is working out.

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

Alright you use ped's get jacked date your dream fbb then can't get a hard on then what? You better got to train hard stay natural and maybe one of these fit chicks will get your attention?

[deleted]
Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

I'm considering dropping calisthenics for the gym in order to find more fit women. So few girls are doing calisthenics these days and since you can do almost all the exercises at home you don't have to go out to train. Parks often have pull-up bars and such, but I only swe men using those.

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

100% yes. But I'm basically doing this now, without dating an FBB.

Been lifting like crazy and taking PED's for the better part of a year. It's absolutely amazing. It's given me a really deep appreciation for the hard work that these ladies put in.

I have an overpowering muscle fetish though. So it's insanely exciting to have them on myself, and I'm honestly a little mad that I didn't start sooner.

Now all that said, I think that it's highly unlikely that most FBB's would ever say this to a man. Their lifestyle is insanely dedicated and busy and difficult and repetitive. I think that many want a man who's equally as energetic as they are. If you're not a bodybuilder, but you're a fit investment banker or a cardiologist - even one with much smaller muscles than them - ]then they're not kicking you out of bed. You just can't be a slob who doesn't take care of his body and has a laidback lifestyle.

I've said this before, but women simply don't choose mates based on physical characteristics alone. Men do. But women very much don't. If you're a really fit and muscular guy, that's merely going to be the frosting on top for them. Smarts, money, ambition, and a good sense of humor goes a LOT further than huge biceps.

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

I would play along for a week and then marry the girl in the reception.

Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

I'm considering dropping calisthenics for the gym in order to find more fit women. So few girls are doing calisthenics these days and since you can do almost all the exercises at home you don't have to go out to train. Parks often have pull-up bars and such, but I only swe men using those.

I am thinking the same honestly. Been doing it for 3 years now and have met zero like minded people (forget women, let alone fit women). Only time I talked to someone was being approached for help with an exercise (happened twice and I remember both occasions). Also, good incentive to get into using weights.

Jun 21, 2022 - permalink

There are a lot of threads now on GWM about how to find muscular women and if you should work out heavy yourself like this interesting thread.

Off course it goes without saying that the gym is off course a good place to find muscular women and if you share a common interest it is probably a good thing.

But that is when you have to decide what you want to be. Because if her interest is to work out for her own benefits and you do it because you want to find a date it is not really a common interest.

I’m just a normal bloke (no hunk whatsoever), but I am fairly attractive and I take care of myself physically and mentally. I have really no problems hooking up with muscular women. I’m out in the clubs, I flirt in public and I will be the first person to approach the muscular woman and tell her about my fetish at a party for example.

You will find that many of the girls who lift heavy usually fancy a dude who is confident (another thread, but the training is often due to lack of confidence in my experience) and if you point out that training heavy is HER thing and you do other things to make yourself happy, it is never an issue.

I have even been lucky enough to go on dates with sessions girls when visiting my town. She off course then knows that I’m just another non muscular schmoe, but they enjoy good company like any other person.

I have yet not met a bodybuilder who is dominant and gets turned on by being worshipped. They don’t train because they are turned on by the fact that they are muscular and you are not. Off course I’m still hoping to meet that girl, but my experiences until today are that it’s just like dating a non muscular girl, but with muscles.

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »