Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Successful Gym Pickups/Hookups/Romances/Relationships

Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

For those that have been able to positively interact with a fitness/bodybuilder lady at the gym they attend that led to something more, post your success stories here! The only caveat is you two had to have laid eyes on each other for the very first time AT THE GYM while you were both working out. Who approached who first? Like the title says, this could be anything from a simple hookup/one night stand to a lasting romantic relationship or anything in between.

cgsweat
Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

The only caveat is you two had to have laid eyes on each other for the very first time AT THE GYM while you were both working out.

That's a weird requirement. You're not at all interested in success stories outside of this?

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

I thought it would be interesting to hear stories of folks who met AT the gym. Nothing weird about it. There is already a thread about getting together with a GWM in general.

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

i met my fiancé at the gym, I just played the whole friendly game, helped with training, threw some subtle compliments out there and ended up going for mcdonald's after the gym one night HAHAHA... the rest is history I guess

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Dear GWM,

I never thought this would happen to me...

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

I went out with someone that I met at a local CrossFit comp for a bit. Didn’t work out, unfortunately, but it was a cool experience.

I’m also curious the percentage of people here who actually lift. I have occasionally tried to start conversations about training, but I get very few to no responses.

Jun 13, 2022 - edited Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

I've seen some people on here say that you can't get a FBB/muscular girlfriend if you don't lift and become buff, I disagree with that. There's two examples that I know about like:

Kaitlyn Vera who has an average boyfriend and Abi Jimenez who is married to an average dude.

There's more examples on this thread: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Totally agree

I've seen some people on here say that you can't get a FBB/muscular girlfriend if you don't lift and become buff, I disagree with that. There's two examples that I know about like:

Kaitlyn Vera who has an average boyfriend and Abi Jimenez who is married to an average dude.

There's more examples on this thread: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Ugh, this again.

First off, that thread had pictures of couples ACTUALLY IN THE GYM, and while in some cases the man is smaller than the woman, the man is clearly also fit. Hell, did anyone not look at the picture of Rene Marven’s then/partner? (Also, her current partner is a male bodybuilder.) While yes, you do not have to be a male bodybuilder to get with a muscular woman, the majority of them want a fit guy, if not for the looks, because similar lifestyles matter in a relationship. Have you ever tried dating a sedentary couch potato who eats crap when you yourself are trying to live an active lifestyle and clean diet? It is incredibly frustrating.

Fit women getting with unfit men is THE EXCEPTION and not the norm. If you look hard enough, you can find some dude who survived an awful car crash despite them not wearing a seatbelt, but that doesn’t mean you should stop wearing a seatbelt when you drive. And while getting fit and getting involved in your city’s fitness community isn’t a guarantee you’ll get with a buff woman, it’s the best opportunity to make that happen. For as many pics as you have found of smaller (and again, most of them are definitely fit and work out) guys, I can find far more pictures of a buff woman with a buff partner.

I don’t understand why some people on this board are so desperate in trying to convince others (and probably themselves) that they don’t need to become active and fit to get with a fit woman. I may be biased because I train myself, but my God, being fit and strong is such a great feeling, and a lot of the women in my social circle feel the same way toward guys who also are fit.

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Like Gatsby I hit 0 for whatever I tried talking to the girls at the gym. They are nice eye candy though.

haha wrecker, your first date with your fiance was at McDonald's??? nice.

Jun 14, 2022 - permalink

I went out with someone that I met at a local CrossFit comp for a bit. Didn’t work out, unfortunately, but it was a cool experience.

I’m also curious the percentage of people here who actually lift. I have occasionally tried to start conversations about training, but I get very few to no responses.

Didn’t meet my wife at the gym. We’re both athletes though. I’ve been approached by girls at the gym though a good few times, but I was dating my now wife or married to her or whatever so obviously not doing anything.

Also, I workout, and so does my wife (love when are scheduled match up and we can workout together). I’m with you, I always wondered how many of us in here workout and not just casually moving around. Like actual intense training. Being a high level athlete, my wife too, we’re just used to it and feel better when we train. It’s just something I don’t think we’ll ever stop.

Jun 20, 2022 - edited Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

All the fit women I dated were training somewhere near me, or were friends to other fit people I socialized with. I don't date online so I am biased. Hardbodies are very rare, your chance to end with one is slim to none unless you have a common social circle or activities.

Once I met a figure girl at an outdoors and mountaineering club.

When you see someone at the gym it's the same as meeting her somewhere else. You propose and in case you were pre-approved things progress from that. I would say it's a little more difficult at the gym because that's a place she frequents so she has to keep face.

Jun 20, 2022 - edited Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

It's not impossible but the odds are severely stacked against the average dude.

As for the topic at hand: My problem with meeting women at the gym is how it's socially frowned upon these days to talk to women at the gym, especially if they have their headphones on.

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

It's not impossible but the odds are severely stacked against the average dude.

As for the topic at hand: My problem with meeting women at the gym is how it's socially frowned upon these days to talk to women at the gym, especially if they have their headphones on.

That’s why you gotta go to smaller, more boutique gyms that foster a community environment. That’s why I love CrossFit gyms, and I have heard similar for powerlifting gyms, Olympic lifting gyms, and other fitness studios like F45.

Big box gyms aren’t the way to go to meet fit women.

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

About Abi Jimenez and her husband, they probably started dating each other before she started lifting...I am guessing.

Jun 25, 2022 - edited Jun 25, 2022 - permalink

I met one of my ex-girlfriends at the gym, while I was a first-year in college. I was between sets, just kinda standing there while she was doing squats, with quite a bit of weight (I wanna say about 150lbs?). I must've been staring, because after she finishes her set, one of the guys she was working out with says something to her, and she turns straight towards me and says, 'Yeah, that weighs about as much as you do!'

She was wrong, it was actually about 40-50lbs more than I weighed at the time.

I just kinda rolled my eyes, and walked off. I stayed a bit longer than usual, and as I was leaving, she comes up to me and basically just apologizes for the comment. I appreciated that, so we started talking. We headed to the showers together, and I ended up going back to her off-campus apartment, smoking some pot together and then...

I didn't leave for like, two or three days :P

We dated for about a year afterwards, until she graduated. I still really miss her, sometimes!

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »