Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

I Have To Start All Over.......

Jun 11, 2022 - edited Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

Guys the WORST thing imaginable for an an admirer of muscular women has happened. I lost my stash! How did it happen? Well, the other day I had some housework done by someone in my bedroom and in order to lower the potential of having things stolen I took certain belongings of mine and put them in a safe place while the work was being done since I was going to be away at work and couldn't watch my stuff. One of those things was my USB stick chock full of muscular woman content. But I put the USB stick in my bookbag that I take to work with me (just to ensure that it would be more safe) and I think I made a huge oversight. I don't recall securely zipping up the pocket that I put the USB stick in. I take Uber to work and I think where I lost the stick was in the Uber. Years worth of footage I collected from every source imaginable is gone now! If they bothered to see what was on it, somebody could have potentially seen my stash and probably became super weirded out by what they saw when their video player played the file lol

However, all hope is not completely lost. A lot of that content came from paysite downloads, OF, and Youtube. I think I will be able to recoup MOST of my stash but certain compilations and a few other types of videos I may never be able to get back. And it's going to be pretty costly for me to recoup the paysite stuff but thank God for being able to recoup things via the Internet!

Has this ever happened to any of you guys before? And if so did you manage to recover most or everything that you accumulated throughout the years??

Jun 11, 2022 - permalink

That is how I felt when a guy who works with PCs ctrl+alt+deleted all my minecraft worlds xD. Years of playing on multiple versions gone forever. Now I got just memories from them. So I definitelly feel your pain and I hope you will recover it all.

Jun 11, 2022 - permalink

That is how I felt when a guy who works with PCs ctrl+alt+deleted all my minecraft worlds xD. Years of playing on multiple versions gone forever. Now I got just memories from them. So I definitelly feel your pain and I hope you will recover it all.

Thanks for the well wishes. Anytime you make significant progress with something only to have it completely wiped is absolutely soul crushing and that was definitely how I was feeling!

Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

Yea bummer i have a few backups but i always have bad luck with tech so i am sure one day they will all break down at the same time

i would never take them outside i used to have a few low Rez pictures saved on my old Nokia back when i was in the boarding school all week but one day someone took my phone and saw the pics very cringy for me.

Jun 12, 2022 - edited Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

It is ALWAYS a good idea to keep any data that is important to you in at least two places. These days, I have all of my important stuff on a 4tb external HDD and I have a second similar drive that I keep in parallel. My GWM stuff is on a 64gb SD card, which is also backed up on the 4gb drives.

Oh and by the way, those 4gb drives (Western Digital) cost me well under $100 each.

Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

I'm not sure why you thought someone might possibly steal a random thumb drive from you, but you wouldn't be the first to try to outsmart the matrix. Keep this in mind moving forward: "triple redundancy".

But regardless, you're going to collect so much new stuff over the next 17 months that you'll forget all about this loss in no time.

Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

Just move on with life. Theres no point for XXX at the end of the day.

Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

You get back up again. Start from scratch. Don't give Up. And other motivational quotes

Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

One of those things was my USB stick chopped full of muscular woman content.

The idiomatic phrase you're searching for is "chock full of".

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/chock_full

Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

Just move on with life. Theres no point for XXX at the end of the day.

No point? What do you mean?

Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

No backups? Well, sorry to hear, but that was going to happen eventually.

Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

To move on 😲😲😲😲💡💡💡💡>

No point? What do you mean?

cgsweat
Jun 12, 2022 - permalink

And that's why things like this exist:

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

And that's why things like this exist:

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

Exactly. I used this to restart my stash once I lost it 3/4 years ago

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Once deleted my old stash a few years back. It's easy to return it. Not a big loss unless you miss the old 480p quality 🤷‍♂️

Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

I once had a portable external hard drive that I had the bright idea of moving while it was still attached to the laptop I was carrying without disengaging it. It detached and fell down a flight of stairs. It never worked after that. I did have my collection on DVD which I was able to rescue most of it but lesson learned.

cgsweat
Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

Once deleted my old stash a few years back. It's easy to return it. Not a big loss unless you miss the old 480p quality 🤷‍♂️

Yeah that's the thing. Older content isn't usually a huge loss (it's more rare, but I personally don't find myself going back and watching old vids very often) and newer content is still easy to find and reacquire.

Jun 20, 2022 - permalink

This is why I've slowly been moving to cloud backups over the years.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »