Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Tats and Muscles

Jun 07, 2022 - permalink

I'm not sure if this subject has been covered in this forum, but I find it interesting how many muscle women have tats and I wonder about the psychology behind it.

Is getting tats a way to remind the world how tough these ladies are? How independent? How hot in the sack? I would have thought the women's muscular physiques would have communicated these traits quite effectively without tats!

What's more, tats often seem to obscure the sight of muscle definition, so I would think contest competitors in particular would do well to stay tat-free.

Does anyone here have any insight into this phenomenon?

cgsweat
Jun 07, 2022 - edited Jun 07, 2022 - permalink

I don't think one necessarily has anything to do with the other. It's more of a generational thing, because you'll notice FBB's of the 80's, 90's and most of the 2000's (00's?) didn't have them. It's more of a trend of the last 10 years or so.

EDIT:

It's more of a trend of the last 10 years or so.

To add on to this, it seems to be across the board and not restricted to only muscular women.

Jun 07, 2022 - permalink

I think some of them want to look though and modify their body.

Jun 07, 2022 - permalink

I think it's the same motive as most people who get tattoos these days. It's a fashion trend. Ironically people think it makes them unique but so many people do it now that it's the opposite. It's more unique NOT to have a tattoo.

I get it, if you're a fat biker or military or you get a single tattoo that really means something to you. But paying someone else a small fortune to scrawl shitty graffiti all over your body that's going to look like complete shit as you age is puzzling to me. These people act as if their taut, perfect 23 year old canvas isn't going to get all wrinkly and creased and stretchmarked some day.

I especially don't understand why THESE women do it. They work so hard to sculpt a body that is like a Michelangelo statue, literally like artwork. Then obscure and violate it with shitty ink. To me, it's like painting the Mona Lisa and then handing a teenager a Sharpie marker to draw graffiti on it.

"Oooh I look different than everyone and tough now". Um, no. You look like every other douche with a tattoo. No one but other people with tattoos cares that your barbed wire armband is slightly different than everyone else's or that the zombie skeleton or robot face is really important and meaningful to you LOL. Grow up.

To each their own though, I know these women aren't building their bodies for us to look at, they do it for themselves so who am I to say what looks best, I guess. Most of them will realize they fucked up when they get older and they really start to look bad. Then they can pay thousands of dollars for painful laser removal LOL. Oh well.

The bicep tattoos are especially bad. Seen some women with glorious biceps they worked hard for...only to draw a cliche AF tribal armband or some other mess on it or tattoo some word in cursive script RIGHT on the bicep. It's the opposite of classy in my opinion. /rant

Jun 07, 2022 - edited Jun 07, 2022 - permalink

Not a fan.....I bet they will regret the choices they made in their 20's/30's. Then again the 40+ crowd seems to dive in like a mid life crisis move marking themselves up. On thing that makes me laugh is the random doodles and words scripted all over some of them.....SMH. My opinion so fire away.....

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »