Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Women who saved themselves from eating disorders

cgsweat
May 06, 2022 - edited Jun 22, 2022 - permalink
edited title to include eating disorders besides anorexia

Recently discovered Alyona Shevtsova and found out she once suffered from Anorexia Nervosa, evidenced by her VK posts here:

She also shares a couple of before and after comparisons:

I think it's fantastic hearing these stories, and the positive changes they have made in their lives. I know of a few others but I'll let others share for now.

May 06, 2022 - permalink

Well of course there is one girl that jumps to mind for me

May 06, 2022 - permalink

Emily Brand

Amanda Essen

May 06, 2022 - permalink

More like woman who replaced one form of body dysmorphia with another.

May 06, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by Cidr_Bob
May 07, 2022 - permalink

Sarah Ramadan is one of the best example of this case

May 07, 2022 - permalink

I just know the case of Lisa Cross.

May 07, 2022 - permalink

Not quite anorexic, but Kristina Vassilieva was definitely underweight

May 07, 2022 - permalink

Would be quite the turn to have a relationship with an ultra-skinny girl and rekindle it a few years later to discover she’s a muscle beast

May 07, 2022 - permalink

This beautiful young woman went the opposite way and died last year. It was from an eating disorder of some sort, not sure if it was Anorexia.

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?name=...

cgsweat
May 07, 2022 - permalink

This beautiful young woman went the opposite way and died last year.

Oh don't say that... Damn. RIP

fp909
May 07, 2022 - permalink

Sophie Hemphill is one of the biggest bodybuilding rebounds i've ever seen from ED. she's a straight up beefcake now (although, yes, steroids) but just like a diff person. she's blacklisted sadly, but just wanted to mention

cgsweat
Jun 22, 2022 - permalink

Jennifer Pietsch

She's battled anorexia her whole life, and it seems she still struggles with it. She hasn't posted to her IG in a year and a half.

Jun 22, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
cgsweat
Jun 22, 2022 - permalink

She's been missing for 9 months.

https://www.todayinbc.com/news/missing-chilli...

I've heard about this, and I do hope she's been found. One user commented in another thread claiming that she was recently active on Facebook. I don't know whether this is true or not since I don't have any other info.

cgsweat
Jun 23, 2022 - permalink

Hattie Boydle appears to have overcome some kind of eating disorder, judging by her "before" pic here. I'm not sure if she's ever talked about it on her IG though.

Jun 24, 2022 - permalink

These ladies have simply pumped their muscles up whilst still maintaining unhealthily low levels of body fat. Until I see a photo of them in off-season shape carrying 20%+ bodyfat I'll take the view they still have underlying mental health issues and eating disorders.

cgsweat
Jun 24, 2022 - permalink

These ladies have simply pumped their muscles up whilst still maintaining unhealthily low levels of body fat. Until I see a photo of them in off-season shape carrying 20%+ bodyfat I'll take the view they still have underlying mental health issues and eating disorders.

To use Hattie as an example again, she's doing just fine. Here are some images of her looking more "normal:"

Jun 25, 2022 - permalink

To use Hattie as an example again, she's doing just fine. Here are some images of her looking more "normal:"

You are right. Although there are certainly some others where you wonder if they have recovered completely, or if they're still walking around with unhealthy levels of body fat but with a bit more muscle than before. Amanda Essen also comes to mind in that respect.

Anyway, I'm wary of talking too much about eating disorders because it's a touchy subject that hurts many people. But we do have to be aware that many girls claim that bodybuilding 'saved them' from eating disorders, but reality is often not as simple as that.

Jun 25, 2022 - permalink

Veronica Kerin

Jun 25, 2022 - permalink

Alyona Shevtsova:

cgsweat
Jun 29, 2022 - permalink

Vicki Svensson

Jun 30, 2022 - permalink

^ That before picture is disturbing. Glad she saved herself.

Jun 30, 2022 - permalink

Kristy Hawkins had anorexia as a teenager. I don't have any pictures of her then, but this is her now:

She would probably be the first to confess to having "bigorexia" these days.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »