Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Motivation for Uploading

[deleted]
Apr 16, 2022 - permalink

I think there are many users on the site that are just watching and not uploading anything. Even though I respect their ways I believe that if everyone would upload pics of girls they know then more girls will be introduced to the site and we'll all enjoy more content- Both more girls and both more pics/vids.

I think as a suggestion, we can have some "prizes" for the people whose uploads got most likes. I don't have an idea for the prizes but maybe you guys have some ideas.

Apr 16, 2022 - permalink

I have one old famous FBB forum in mind with good motivation for uploaders, but also very annoying if user don't post regularly. That's why I left that place.

Apr 16, 2022 - permalink

I don't think that's necessary. There's already a ton of content, motivation will just encourage quantity over quality and more work for the mods as 50 people simultaneously post the current darling's new Instagram post.

Sites like this work perfectly well with 99% of users consuming only.

Apr 16, 2022 - permalink

You want to be rewarded for uploading photos that you don’t have the copyright to?

Apr 17, 2022 - permalink

Things get a bit...intense sometimes already without rewards (which is actually statistics, not "points" or anything similar). But I think a minimum number of uploads would be required to access the forum or chat, f.e.

I have one old famous FBB forum in mind with good motivation for uploaders, but also very annoying if user don't post regularly. That's why I left that place.

You left? I got booted XD.

May 17, 2022 - edited May 19, 2022 by Chainer - permalink

There are many sides to this issue. For me, I joined in January, 2009 and began to upload; photos only; in February, 2018 when I figured out how to do it. I did it because I had been a "consumer" for 9 years and thought I needed to also be a contributor.

"Sites like this work perfectly well with 99% of users consuming only." Maybe. This site has done very well. However, with GwM in operation now for over 13 years, which is quite long for a site of this nature, is there a line to be drawn between "consumers" and "moochers (non-contributors)?" I'll share several examples, without mentioning names and exact figures. One can then make their own decision.

1. Joined 2011 54,000+ image comments 45,000+ favorites 0 uploads

2. Joined 2009 14,000+ image comments 40,000+ favorites 0 uploads

3. Joined 2009 20,000+ image comments 20,000+ favorites a few uploads (less than 20)

Then there is tempp: 252,600+ uploads 0 image comments 0 favorites. (thank you, tempp!!).

As of today, there are 1,241,400+ uploaded items on GwM.

(Edit: I am unsure why some numbers are larger and in bold face.)

May 17, 2022 - permalink

Well to be a "moocher", which is clearly pejorative, you would have to be consuming something without giving back. There's no finite resource on this site. As many people can view pictures as they want. Site revenue appears to be from advertising. So, their consumption is only of benefit.

Chainer
May 19, 2022 - permalink

I fixed your formatting shav6789, you have to write "1." rather than "#1" (the # sign is what tells it to be large and bold, see the help)

May 19, 2022 - permalink

Thanks, Chainer.

May 21, 2022 - permalink

I dont know if this happens statistically that often, but personally I don't think people should be credited for posting dups of existing pics, if you know the name of the model then it usually takes a minute to check if already posted under their gallery - Ok some women have several pages of pics so some may be harder to spot but crediting removes the incentive to at least try to check - otherwise it creates more work for mods and spotters to find, report or merge dups. Credit only the first poster of the pic unless the duplicate post has significant benefits eg larger resolution.

May 21, 2022 - permalink

If GWM had 99 problems uploading new content wouldn't be one. I've lost count how many times I'd see a new photo posted on someone's IG and thought about bringing it over to GMW only to find someone beat me too the punch.

May 27, 2022 - permalink

Finding pics to upload is not hard. I think giving them their proper names is the true achievement.

May 27, 2022 - permalink

If I see a pic from a popular girl before it's uploaded here, I won't even bother (because someone will eventually upload it). I now only upload marginal muscle girls I randomly stumble upon.

I prefer to believe tempp is an algorithm and not a real person.

cgsweat
May 27, 2022 - permalink

I prefer to believe tempp is an algorithm and not a real person.

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/comment/1943900/

I have wondered the same thing. However, I have been proven wrong.

Chainer
May 27, 2022 - permalink

If I see a pic from a popular girl before it's uploaded here, I won't even bother (because someone will eventually upload it).

This is the way.

May 27, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Jun 22, 2022 - permalink

I took a break from uploading because of frustration of...how amazing everyone is at jumping on uploads. But it I do get a lot of satisfaction about adding a new girl I stumble across

Jul 02, 2022 - permalink

I took a break from uploading because of frustration of...how amazing everyone is at jumping on uploads. But it I do get a lot of satisfaction about adding a new girl I stumble across

yeah - i think im going to hang up my uploading boots, gets frustrating when you spend a lot of time and posts just sit in your queue for a month or more and you see the same pics posted up - takes days for direct uploads to replenish too

Chainer
Jul 03, 2022 - permalink

If you are surprised by queue uploads sitting in the queue for a long time, it's because we're no longer necessarily deleting any. See https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/... .

Jul 03, 2022 - edited Jul 03, 2022 - permalink

If you are surprised by queue uploads sitting in the queue for a long time, it's because we're no longer necessarily deleting any. See https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/... .

What about the direct uploads,m? mine take way more than 24 hours to replenish

Cheers

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »