Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Hunter Henderson: Strongest girl on this site?

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

I've seen commenters claim that Hunter Henderson is the strongest girl on this site, and she's certainly immensely strong:

But is she really the strongest girl here? If it isn't Hunter, then who is it?

cgsweat
Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Brace yourselves, Natalia Trukhina fans incoming.

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Just saw MPMD do an ep on her. She certainly has an...interesting deadlift technique (and some strange need to show it to the world)

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Just saw MPMD do an ep on her. She certainly has an...interesting deadlift technique (and some strange need to show it to the world)

If I owned the gyms she lifts at, I would be so pissed to witness that technique.

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

If I owned the gyms she lifts at, I would be so pissed to witness that technique.

lol. I guess it all Depends

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Any suggestions of girls who are stronger than Hunter?

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Maybe Kristy Hawkins?

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

I see what you did there

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

i'd say kristy or cc ( chakera ) holcomb.

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Becca Swanson is def the very strongest woman ever.

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Gillian ward

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Yeah I'd say Becca Swanson too

Mar 30, 2022 - edited Mar 30, 2022 - permalink

Natalya is probably stronger than Becca is now, but there's no way she's stronger than Becca was at her peak. Peak Becca blows all of them away, but Kristy and probably Chakera are the strongest in their weight classes. Kristy is defo stronger than Hunter (but not by much; Hunter is a fierce rival).

Mar 30, 2022 - permalink

Gillian ward

Pound for pound Gillian is a good choice

Mar 30, 2022 - permalink

Agree with above

Mar 30, 2022 - permalink

I figured Gillian and Kristy would come up, but I wasn't familiar with Becca or Chakera.

Mar 30, 2022 - edited Mar 30, 2022 - permalink

Depends what you're counting as "strong" but Amanda Lawrence isn't too shabby at DL.

Neither is Jessica Buettner

Mar 30, 2022 - permalink

Samantha Rice?

Mar 30, 2022 - permalink

Not while Kristy Hawkins exists.

Apr 04, 2022 - permalink

in this site i would say is kristy hawkins, if you speak in powerlifting strength terms. samantha rice is not far off. as in general, there are a few women stronger than kristy..and when i mean a gfew, it's like 3 or 4. the strongest woman in powerlifting now is tamara walcott, an african american powerlifter who deadlifted over 600 lbs in competition, not far off 662, benched close to 400 and squatted well over 600. she is a superheavyweight though, 283 lbs. fascinating topic

fp909
Apr 04, 2022 - permalink

Jessica doesn't have the bench for it. Fairly certain she's squatting 450+ but that's a far cry from the 625 Hunter did yesterday.

Also the gym owners are well aware of the pee situation. clearly they do not care, and neither do the people around here. it's just the keyboard jockeys that are now coming out of the woodworks.

anyways, they're talking about Wilks score which puts Hunter at 2nd all time. Check out this link for Wilks rankings: https://www.openpowerlifting.org/

The default has both men and women (also be aware that Wilks score formula definitely favors women), but it also has the date of the score, so you'll see Kristy on the list and a lot of the usual powerlifting suspects.

Jessica Buettners highest registered on that list isn't even in the top 250 (although she cracks the top 100 in women's only rankings).

Gillian Ward is on that list but she doesn't crack the top 200 women. However, her last registered score was 2013. HOWEVER however. I don't believe I've seen her clear 500D/300B/500S in training a even a few years ago.

Kristy is the #7 woman but Hunter's TOTAL is higher, in the same weight class. IIRC Kristy had an injury recently so she hasn't recorded a score since 2019.

Again, keep in mind that the rankings are the Wilks score, which is how they are always ranking things, which is why Hunter is the #2.

Walcott is ranked #94 for women--because she weighs 300lbs, almost twice as much as Hunter.

Apr 04, 2022 - permalink

if you want to go IPF, amanda lawrence is much stronger than jessica and just a weightclass above, her best total ever is 646 lbs which i believe is like 1420 lbs. squats well over 500, in fact squatted 550 a few times, deadlifts around 560ish and benches 285-290 lbs

Apr 04, 2022 - permalink
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »