Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Defunct Websites

cgsweat
Mar 28, 2022 - edited Jul 26, 2023 - permalink
title edit, originally "Defunct Paysites"

Let's face it, since the beginnings of the Internet a lot of female muscle websites have bitten the dust. Just wondering what sites you guys remember and whether they had good quality content or not.

I recently remembered Her Biceps used to have a sister site called "Her Legs." Believe it or not, the site is still around, although it hasn't been updated since 2009...

Please keep in mind this thread is for sites that either no longer exist, or haven't updated in a very long time.
Mar 28, 2022 - permalink

Impulse productions, Sweetmuscle, nudesportswomenvideos, and many others.

Mar 28, 2022 - permalink

Ray Martin, Diana the Valkyrie, Christa Bauch website.

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Impulse Productions, CP's World of Muscle, Collegeshape, Andrea Gahan's Diehard Productions, and to really show my age Taraday's World (does anyone else remember that one?).

Mar 29, 2022 - edited Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

I liked DIYmuscle. It was one of the first websites that had lots of content featuring Katka Kyptova. The site owner has put some of the videos on YouTube lately but not all of them.

Mar 29, 2022 - permalink

Diana the Valkyrie

Its still running and still has some updates.

cgsweat
Mar 30, 2022 - permalink

Of the sites mentioned, were any of them good at the time?

I got into paysites more later on (as I started having more disposable income) but the earliest ones I joined were Herbiceps, Femflex, Awefilms, and FTVideo, which are all still around today (with the exception of Femflex). I did notice Femflex had VOD's toward the end of their run, but I never got around to buying any.

As for a review, I actually liked Femflex. The main issue I had with them was that they weren't consistent with their updates (same with Herbiceps). I was never really sure why HB bothered having a sister site that basically had the same type of content. Some of it was kind of saucy, but most of it was just standard posing/flexing.

I will say the quality of the photos and videos were top notch (for the time), which is interesting because I have downloaded photos from FF that are larger than what HB offers to paying members today... I think FF leaned more towards bodybuilders, although they still had their fair share of bikini/figure women. There were some who I think were exclusive to the site (not featured on HB), so they did have that advantage.

Usually I opted for the combo pack (HB + FF) for like $12/month or whatever it was at the time, and subscribed for maybe 2-3 months out of the year. Again, their updates were sporadic, so sometimes you'd have a massive update occur two or three times in the same week, while other times they might put out two smaller updates for the entire month.

Apr 08, 2022 - permalink

I feel that Billie's "MsMuscle" website has not been updated since 1999. Denise Masino's website is in the same category as that site hasn't been update in a long time. Another site that used to have some really good content is Reg Bradford's website of the early 2000's. Lastly, anyone remembers Amber Garison's website? That was a cool website that Amber took down for personal reasons.

Apr 08, 2022 - permalink

Denise Masino's website is in the same category as that site hasn't been update in a long time.

Her site is still regularly updated. She's still looking pretty good.

fp909
Apr 08, 2022 - permalink

I liked DIYmuscle. It was one of the first websites that had lots of content featuring Katka Kyptova. The site owner has put some of the videos on YouTube lately but not all of them.

DIY was one of the ones that really got it for fans like me. not so much into the extra fetish stuff. i want to see them training hard and flexing and posing, maybe doing diff tops. they had some amazing women at the time.

Apr 08, 2022 - permalink

Andys Muscle Goddesses was one of my first sites into FBB. At that time it was my favourite one...great content! not updated since 2004

fp909
Apr 08, 2022 - permalink

Andys Muscle Goddesses was one of my first sites into FBB. At that time it was my favourite one...great content! not updated since 2004

honestly it was really an aggregate of paysites though it had that model list they didn't do any original content.

social media basically guaranteed that site would not resurface.

fp909
Apr 08, 2022 - permalink

also i'm pretty sure around that time they rebuilt the site and started running everything off of www.amg-lite.com which is still updated and current.

Apr 08, 2022 - permalink

AMG was used, at its peak, as a way for paysites to get free previews out there in hopes of directing traffic and making sales.

Apr 08, 2022 - permalink

Herbiceps

I consider it dead. Its former model breadth >>> current VOD focus, update frequency and user experience.

Apr 16, 2022 - permalink

SuperBodyPart.net, just for the Lisa Aukland content. I wish I had saved those pics. Haven’t been able to find them anywhere since.

May 01, 2022 - permalink

Diana the Valkyrie.....to echo autechre, I counted 36 photo gallery updates on DtV for the month of April. I did not count clips.

"Her Biceps....I consider it dead...." Each to their own. For me, it's very much alive with a ton of new stuff and steady updates from the past.

Ray Martin....still around, but merged, it seems, into WPW.

Interesting that no one so far has mentioned Boomer Flex, later known as Bicep World. This site owner got both Mike Eckstut (Her Biceps) and Tre Scott (FemFlex) into the business 20 or so years ago.

May 01, 2022 - permalink

bodyelite.net There is still a link to the site at amg-lite:

https://www.amg-lite.net/bodyelite_magazine/

I recall they had Kim Perez and Becky Rampey photo sets there.

Appears Bill Wick took down his site. Some of the content from these defunct sites is at clips4sale.

May 01, 2022 - permalink

Was "Body Elite" the site ran by the late Danny Corn. If so, he had some really great stuff.

There also are some other sites, based on the original Diana the Valkyrie platform, that may or may not be active (I haven't checked in a long time). Two are J.P. Erickson's sites: Athletic Women Magazine and Her Flex Appeal. Another is Hard Fitness, by Juan Carlos Lopez.

May 01, 2022 - permalink

Was "Body Elite" the site ran by the late Danny Corn. If so, he had some really great stuff.

There also are some other sites, based on the original Diana the Valkyrie platform, that may or may not be active (I haven't checked in a long time). Two are J.P. Erickson's sites: Athletic Women Magazine and Her Flex Appeal. Another is Hard Fitness, by Juan Carlos Lopez.

Yes, it was run by Danny Corn. I did not know him, but saw references to him in forums way back and he was well thought of.

Had a thought regarding Bill Wick. A man that was once married to Kay Baxter must have been doing something right!

Plus, getting to wrestle many top flight female bodybuilders at the time had to have been exhilarating.

fp909
May 02, 2022 - permalink

Boomerflex was one of my earlier influences. pretty sure that's where i found (and later talked with) Kristi.

a few days ago I was reminded of AOL Homepages which at the time was a viable way to set up a site. Kristi had one that she kept up with a couple years. Pre Myspace/Friendster/Facebook.

kinda miss those internet days. everyone was just so excited to make stuff. way less consolidation.

May 02, 2022 - edited May 02, 2022 - permalink

One of the earliest sites I remember in the 90s was World Of Muscle which had a load of free pics and a French(?) FBB who maybe was the partner of the guy running the site? I dont think it turned into a paysite but somehow just faded away .

Diana the Valkyrie was virtually an ISP in itself and I believe administered by someone in the UK? From the format , quite a few sites eg originally Herbiceps borrowed their technical set up eg to take and admin membership payments

May 02, 2022 - edited May 02, 2022 - permalink

DIY was one of the ones that really got it for fans like me. not so much into the extra fetish stuff. i want to see them training hard and flexing and posing, maybe doing diff tops. they had some amazing women at the time.

After the site went offline, I read that they were planning to gradually upload the old website stuff to their Youtube account , but that never happened. Not up-dated for 2 years: https://www.youtube.com/user/diymuscle/videos

They had a Patreon in 2019 supposedly to raise money for new videos but posting old stuff there it seems: https://www.patreon.com/diymuscle

May 02, 2022 - permalink

Boomerflex was one of my earlier influences. pretty sure that's where i found (and later talked with) Kristi.

a few days ago I was reminded of AOL Homepages which at the time was a viable way to set up a site. Kristi had one that she kept up with a couple years. Pre Myspace/Friendster/Facebook.

kinda miss those internet days. everyone was just so excited to make stuff. way less consolidation.

Referencing Boomer as well. Remember the “famous” arm wrestling matchup between Deejay Ohh and Crystal. Deejay was one of my first muscle woman crushes haha.

Also, I’m assuming the owner of that site also ran Collegeflex? Featured Gina Bonfiglio and a young Megan Avalon.

May 04, 2022 - permalink

One of the earliest sites I remember in the 90s was World Of Muscle which had a load of free pics and a French(?) FBB who maybe was the partner of the guy running the site? I don't think it turned into a paysite but somehow just faded away .

C-P (Cedric) is/was a Swiss bodybuilder and web designer who ran World of Muscle. His wife, Marilyn, was also a bodybuilder. Her site is still visible today - http://www.darkprincess.ch/. Back in 2001, they actually hosted my future (first) wife and me for a few days at their home in Switzerland, a kindness we have never had a chance to repay.

Diana the Valkyrie was virtually an ISP in itself and I believe administered by someone in the UK? From the format , quite a few sites eg originally Herbiceps borrowed their technical set up eg to take and admin membership payments

We owe DtV a tremendous debt of gratitude. I've told much of the story in bits and pieces on the live sessions, but the DtV chatroom was the launchpad for so many things, as that was where Mike, Anthony, and myself first came together. Mike and I were on the original "Femuscle Mailing List" some years prior, but DtV's site was where the community took shape in a pretty remarkable way. The old Jan Tana fan meet-ups in Roanoke were rather formidable in their own right, however.

Coincidentally, the DtV chatroom was where I met C-P.

« first < prev Page 1 of 3 next > last »