Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Have any of you worked in/produced fitness or modeling photography?

Mar 09, 2022 - permalink

I do a lot of videography and photos for work and was thinking about potentially starting my own side business. Have any of you ever done this? If so, how did you go about finding clients?

Mar 09, 2022 - permalink

I do a lot of videography and photos for work and was thinking about potentially starting my own side business. Have any of you ever done this? If so, how did you go about finding clients?

Create an Instagram account to advertise your work. You can also create an account on a place like Model Mayhem to advertise your services.

v52
Mar 09, 2022 - permalink

100% correct - Insta and MM is the way to go. In my case, I happened to know a couple amateur bikini and figure competitors from the gym I go to, and did some shoots with them. Even though they were not well-known and famous, the work I had of them on Insta and MM helped me when I reached out and DM'd more known competitors like Michelle Gavin, Anastasia Rider, and Ashley Lockaby. From there, I was able to expand my network even further by getting to know the competitors that they knew (and they recommended me to them), and I've never been short on clients since. Soon I even had competitors reaching out to me, unprompted, to shoot (everyone from Lexa Stahl to Emily Brand). Word of mouth spreads fast, as does your reputation and work quality. That first breakthrough shoot or two is the hardest (though it doesn't have to be with competitors - could be crossfitters, very buff non-competitive gym-goers, or even just regular models who have muscle and are willing to flex), but things can really take off after you make that happen.

Mar 10, 2022 - permalink

Yep, for over 25 years... It totally depends on what area of the indutry you are catering to, and subsequently your clients/audience will be very differnt. It defs doesnt all revolve around social media, especially if you plan on making an income from your investment and potential career. Dont fall into the trap of working for "sponsorship", or TFP unless you just want to deal with tyer kickers and people who will muck you around..

Mar 10, 2022 - permalink

Who is she?

Mar 10, 2022 - permalink

I took a picture of a girl with some really nice calves. I still have the black and white pictures.

Dec 03, 2023 - permalink

Any updates?

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »