Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Strength comparison

Jan 24, 2022 - permalink

I was wondering if anyone here likes to compare their strength to other people? I somehow love to compare my stats to the muscular women on this site but also to random people.

Jan 24, 2022 - permalink

I really like strength comparisons. But I also love just muscle comparision itself, like comparing biceps etc. but I would be definitely feel a little bit scared comparing muscle in public because of the stigma etc.

Jan 24, 2022 - permalink

I do with my wife. I am stronger in some tests She is in others.

Jan 24, 2022 - permalink

I guess Armwrestle is my most practiced compare of strength . Especialy when work at Fitness / BB Expo booth get frequently asked for .

Next is getting asked for stats and best lifts and compare .

It also happens often that people like to compare strength when i present training Equipment or just ask show for move some heavier weight . This ist most when i work at Gym events but on expo too

I entered challenges like curl contest , max chinup , bench max reps .... too . Always hard but fun too

Jan 24, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Jan 24, 2022 - edited Jan 24, 2022 - permalink

I was wondering if anyone here likes to compare their strength to other people? I somehow love to compare my stats to the muscular women on this site but also to random people.

I'm not a strong person, so it's masochistically funny that I would want compare strength with anyone ever. My wife is stronger than I, but the most humbling mindfuck is her grip strength vs mine.

I really like strength comparisons. But I also love just muscle comparison itself, like comparing biceps etc. but I would be definitely feel a little bit scared comparing muscle in public because of the stigma etc.

From your statement, I don't understand how the stigma part works. For me, the reality vs some societal expectation - whether real or imagined - is a huge part of the appeal. Last week, while messing around with a friend of mine, I was amazed at how such a short woman was able to reach me with her punches. She was wearing heels, which elevated her a bit, but when I thought about it, the mindfuck was even worse: she was boxing in HEELS!! She had no trouble getting to my face with her short arms and looked hot as fuck doing it.

Jan 25, 2022 - permalink

Yes I very much enjoy comparing my stats. Though I am in no way considering myself strong. Especially if comparing pound for pound there are lots of women out there who are way stronger. And of course even more guys....

Jan 25, 2022 - permalink

If you compare my wife and I with no adjustments, I am stronger across the board. But if you adjust for our weights (I outweigh her by 35%), then this would be the strength results:

Biceps - even

Triceps - I’m stronger

Shoulders - even

Chest - I’m much stronger

Back - she’s stronger

Quads - even

Hamstrings - I’m stronger

Calves - she’s stronger

How do you compare with her?

Jan 25, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Jan 25, 2022 - permalink

Since I weigh 35% more, if I lift 35% more we are even. If I lift less than 35% more she wins, if I lift more than 35% more I win.

So close to the rule at the 2 curl contest i did Half Bodyweight max rep . So the heavier oponents had to lift more than me and the lighter oponents have to lift less and just the rep count at the end

Jan 25, 2022 - permalink

Hey herbiceps, how about more info on the grip strength comparisons.

Jan 30, 2022 - permalink

Anyone into comparing their stats with me. 184 88kg here

Jan 30, 2022 - permalink

Ok 1,66 m 58 Kg at the moment 32,7 biceps

Jan 30, 2022 - permalink

Damn nice! What’s your best lift?

Jan 30, 2022 - permalink

on what

Jan 30, 2022 - permalink

Squat, deadlift and bench?

Jan 30, 2022 - edited Jan 30, 2022 - permalink

For Squat i use 100 to 120 Kg at training more is unsafe at our eqipment

Bench did not max out but did 65 for a few reps at expo Training 40 to 50 Kg

Barbell curl test 1 Was 48 kg 2 reps at 3 fail test 2 was 50 kg but was not able to Curl full range

Dumbbell test 1 22 Kg alterenate Curl 3 rep on left fail at 4 2 rep on right fail at 3 test 2 25 kg fail at half way up both arms

Jan 30, 2022 - permalink

That's quite respectable, Liesbeth! :)

[deleted]
Feb 03, 2022 - permalink

For Squat i use 100 to 120 Kg at training more is unsafe at our eqipment

Bench did not max out but did 65 for a few reps at expo Training 40 to 50 Kg

Barbell curl test 1 Was 48 kg 2 reps at 3 fail test 2 was 50 kg but was not able to Curl full range

Dumbbell test 1 22 Kg alterenate Curl 3 rep on left fail at 4 2 rep on right fail at 3 test 2 25 kg fail at half way up both arms

Impressive stats!

I am 174cm 100kg male, do not lift at gym, but tested my self with dumbbells at home and was not even close.

Curl 10kg dumbbell for 12 reps, 12.5kg for 7-8 reps.

Bench 2x12.5kg for 10 reps.

But my weakest part looks to be shoulders, at shoulder press I barely did 2-3 reps with 10kg in each hand.

Feb 06, 2022 - edited Jul 23, 2022 - permalink

Hey herbiceps, how about more info on the grip strength comparisons.

I think my hands are slightly larger than average, but unfortunately (for ME), size doesn't correlate to strength, especially when compared with women whose grips are incredibly strong. My wife and I often do a handshake squeeze challenge and I have yet to win. She's 5-7, very strong, but has small hands..."which can do a lot of damage", she likes to remind me. It doesn't make any sense.

Feb 06, 2022 - permalink

Noticed too that a small woman Handshake squeeze could be pretty hard . lol

Normaly dont do handshake squeeze but sometimes when a man take my hand and squezze pretty hard i squeeze back and wait for reactions . My grip and forearms are strong enough for work and do figures at the Pole , so i be able to squeeze back a lil bit intense

Feb 06, 2022 - permalink

I once worked with a woman with a freakish strong hand shake. On my first day at work we got introduced, and I kid you not, my hand hurt the rest of the day. It was like she had bend my hand bones and ground them against each other.

She was rather petite herself so I did not see it comming. I almost think she on purpose squeezed so hard to get an reaction, atleast I think she gave me a little cocky smirk when she did it.

Feb 06, 2022 - permalink

I once worked with a woman with a freakish strong hand shake. On my first day at work we got introduced, and I kid you not, my hand hurt the rest of the day. It was like she had bend my hand bones and ground them against each other.

She was rather petite herself so I did not see it comming. I almost think she on purpose squeezed so hard to get an reaction, atleast I think she gave me a little cocky smirk when she did it.

She just showed who the boss is lol . When we get new male dancers for schooling at our dance accademy it is good to do same

Feb 06, 2022 - permalink

Strong hands are very sexy

If I meet a strong girl I will usually squeeze a bit hard to try get a response

A few times the response has been scary and I have actually worried that she has damaged my hand

I think Sarah backman would be my dream hand squeeze

Feb 06, 2022 - permalink

For get a good grip at the pole we dancers use this

And we use this for get strength for the pole too , but also for many other dance moves

« first < prev Page 1 of 3 next > last »