Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Are CrossFit women more accepted than bodybuilding women? If so, why?

fp909
Jan 24, 2022 - permalink

I’ve talked About it before but I didn’t really start seeing more of the very fit CrossFit women around me until I spent more time outside of class on it.

I went to an average gym that used to be very competitive but I missed those years, unfortunately.

Eventually the woman I had been training partners with became the fittest person in the gym by a long shot. At one point she was doing mens RX weights ( womens adv) for nearly every workout and was finishing ahead of almost everyone, save for a couple of the Regular guys. And some days she finished ahead of them depending on what the workout was. I mean blowing things out of the water. She wasn’t even a regionals level competitor to put things in perspective—just really good at making her body do things with consistency.

It was a real joy getting to watch her work as a fan of strong women. It also drove me nuts because I always tried to keep up with her (also doing adv weights) but at this point 90% of the time the margin of “victory” was usually 90 seconds to 5 mins. It was nuts. Contrast to just a couple of years before when I had been healthy and the best shape of my life we were splitting workouts almost 50/50.

I would say that for the average crossfitter she was def pretty muscular. I think she had great genes for bodybuilding if she was interested. It was interesting seeing peoples perspective of her shift over those few years tho—she had been average looking like then but as she got stronger, added more muscle, and leaned out people commented on how jacked she was and I could tell it was too much for them. Even though she was, again, not huge, not on drugs, and very attractive.

Feb 21, 2022 - permalink

I find myself more turned on by CrossFitters these days to be honest. They tend to be bigger and more powerful looking in the upper body and core. I think it's incredibly sexy.

I'm glad you said it! Same here. CF'ers are developed in exactly the way I'd hope a multi-sport competitive athlete would be developed.

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »