Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Roll call: Women's Strength Extravaganza

Jan 16, 2022 - permalink

Who here ever attended one of the Extravaganza events organized by Kenny Kassel and Bob Bonham? Any fun recollections? Kenny passed away several years ago and when we lost Bob just a few months ago, that got me to thinking a bit about those good ol' days.

Jan 17, 2022 - permalink

I attended a Strength Extravaganza in 1998 at Bergen Tech in New Jersey. My fun recollection was seeing a girl doing a total of 100 one arm pushups. She did roughly half with each arm.

fp909
Jan 17, 2022 - permalink

man that must have been fun. I'm from North Jersey and it seems there were a lot of events going on in the 90s when I was not really able to go to this stuff, being a single digit age for the whole decade.

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

I attended a Strength Extravaganza in 1998 at Bergen Tech in New Jersey. My fun recollection was seeing a girl doing a total of 100 one arm pushups. She did roughly half with each arm.

Bergen Tech! Hail to Hackensack!!

I forget the exact location, because it feels like we were at a bar or something, but despite those events being everything, meeting Jasmin Johnson was an all-time highlight for me. I can still feel the way I swallowed when we shook hands.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »