Forum > Image Themes > Thread

Bodybuilding AND Strength Athletes

Jan 10, 2022 - permalink

Lately, we are seeing a good amount of women who have added strowoman, powerlifting, weightlifting, and CrossFit to their arsenal because of the benefits it brings to their physiques. This thread is for women who have competed in both the bodybuilding and strength world.

Silvia Henry

Lauren Rutan

Susan Salazar

Brittany Diamond

cgsweat
Jan 10, 2022 - permalink

I think Kiera Aston belongs here too.

Jan 10, 2022 - edited Jan 10, 2022 - permalink

Don’t forget Minna Pajulahti

Jan 10, 2022 - permalink

Kristy Hawkins conquered bodybuilding, then went from "I think I'll try powerlifting" to ATWR holder in like a couple of years. All while getting a Ph.D. and then going on to become a renowned bioscientist.

What the fuck have you done lately?

Jan 11, 2022 - permalink

This is Jennifer Faccinto in bodybuilding:

This her recently participating in powerlifting and setting the state record in benchpress:

Jan 11, 2022 - edited Jan 11, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Jan 11, 2022 - permalink

Hunter Henderson wasn’t involved in bodybuilding at all technically. Then everybody just kept pushing her to get on stage for that. Glad she did cuz she looks unbelievable. Powerlifters end up making the best bodybuilders since they actually have a great base to start building muscle on.

fp909
Jan 11, 2022 - permalink

Hunter was the big explosion but here circle of friends is in it now too, or at least a wider group of powerlifters.

Amanda Kohatsu won her pro cards in both Figure and WPD this past Nationals (along with the figure overall), Alexis Castro won her pro card in WBB also. Brianny Terry is the next one up, she's in prep for a show.

None of them have the problem that a lot of raw bodybuilders have early in their career--they all have really full, developed musculatures and better aesthetics I would have thought (in some cases) but i suspect if you strip down most powerlifters you'll find a lot of similar esthetics to Hunter.

Jan 11, 2022 - permalink

I was actually going to post Amanda Kohatsu next! Great minds think alike. 👍

Yeah, Amanda JUST got started in bodybuilding this year after competing in powerlifting.

Jan 16, 2022 - permalink

Don't forget Gillian Mounsey Ward.

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?name=...

fp909
Jan 16, 2022 - permalink

wish she was still active. looks like she's happy training calisthetics and some weight training. i think the community around the bodybuilding experience was too much for her.

also apparently someone showed up at her gym--she had a major stalker issue at her previous location

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »