Forum > Announcements > Thread

Just launched a Patreon for the site!

Chainer★
Jan 01, 2022 - permalink

Check it out: https://patreon.com/girlswithmuscle

Happy new year everyone! To kick off the new year, I am launching a Patreon for GWM.

As a reward for supporting GWM on Patreon, you get access to several power-user features which are mostly aimed at showing you uploads you will like from the site's archives. Short summary:

• Recommended Images - All Time: Like the regular recommendations, but shows images from the entire history of the site and refreshes every 15 minutes.
  • Enhanced Similar Images: Allows you to set multiple starting images on the Similar Images page, which narrows down the results much faster and finds you exactly the images you want to see.
  • Batch Image Downloads: Allows downloading search results as .zip files as an alternative to saving all the files manually/individually.

For a more detailed description, see the Patreon info page.

I put a lot of time into developing the image recommendations / similar images (over 100 hours at this point, probably) and making sure they show you what you want to see, and I'm hoping you will enjoy those features as much as I have been.

If you have any questions, ask below. In case you find any bugs, post below, or start a new thread in the Bug Reports section.

cgsweat★
Jan 01, 2022 - permalink

Looks like you already have your first patron!

Way to go, sprtguy04! 🏆

Chainer★
Jan 01, 2022 - permalink

:o Wow!

Expectations greatly exceeded! Thank you sprtguy!

Jan 01, 2022 - permalink

You guys do a great job of keeping the site intact for us and despite some of the complaining that goes on, we should be grateful that this site is even possible!

Cheers to 2022! 🥳🥳🥳

Jan 01, 2022 - permalink

You guys do a great job of keeping the site intact for us and despite some of the complaining that goes on, we should be grateful that this site is even possible!

What a wonderful message for the New Year!!!

Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

Just a question. How does this work, I mean, with copyright (or Not, but it is technically not Your pics) and now you want to make money of these photos?

hrm
Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

Glad to support the site at last.

Chainer★
Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

Just a question. How does this work, I mean, with copyright (or Not, but it is technically not Your pics) and now you want to make money of these photos?

I am not selling the photos. I am selling access to algorithms that find photos for you that are likely to be to your taste. The photos themselves have never been, and continue to not be, behind a paywall.

Quick aside: These features are pretty resource-intensive, mostly due to them having to process the large amount of existing pictures. When I originally developed them earlier last year, it was not feasible to give everyone blanket access because this would probably slow down the site. This is how the idea for a Patreon came about.

Glad to support the site at last.

Thank you so much for subscribing, hrm, I hope you enjoy the features!

Imagine★
Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

Revenue is not generated off of the photos. With a Patreon subscription you get several features that give you a better experience when browsing on GWM. You can compare it with YouTube Premium which gives you features like downloading videos to watch them while you are offline or being able to keep videos playing when locking your phone.

Edit: Chainer was 3 minutes faster

cgsweat★
Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

Mods had the privilege of beta testing these new features, and let me tell you, they are very cool! We know the ins and outs of using them, so please comment here if you have any questions.

M76
Jan 02, 2022 - edited Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

So the recommended images feature that was on the site until now is the same as the new "recent images" just renamed?

BTW I think the tiers are way overpriced. You'd get a lot more support if you had an $1 or $2 tier, even with less features.

Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

I've been a user on this site for 10+ years and I think the Patreon money should go to muscular women, the GOTW for example. If there's an option for Patreon money to fund the careers/lifestyles of muscular women, please let me know!

Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

I am not selling the photos. I am selling access to algorithms that find photos for you that are likely to be to your taste. The photos themselves have never been, and continue to not be, behind a paywall.

And with the algorythm, that people will pay for, you get access to pictures? Some might think, "well Duh, that what Chainer actually wrote." Sure, but with english as the fifth language, I need to make clear I understand it correctly.

Chainer★
Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

So the recommended images feature that was on the site until now is the same as the new "recent images" just renamed?

Yes, I just added "Recent Images" to it to differentiate it from the new all images / all time section.

And with the algorythm, that people will pay for, you get access to pictures? Some might think, "well Duh, that what Chainer actually wrote." Sure, but with english as the fifth language, I need to make clear I understand it correctly

I am not sure how to be much clearer about what it does. The new feature goes through existing pictures on the site and puts ones that it thinks you will like into one place.

Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

I am not sure how to be much clearer about what it does. The new feature goes through existing pictures on the site and puts ones that it thinks you will like into one place.

Neither do I, but, try any of the following; Japanese, Norwegian, Swedish, Canton, Mandarin, Malay, Korean, Thai, Spanish, French.

Imagine★
Jan 02, 2022 - permalink

Neither do I

You don't get exclusive content. You get new features that will help you to find better results when looking for something out of the ~1.2 million pictures on GWM.

Jan 03, 2022 - permalink

Sorry, lack of sleep - always happens when a new year kicks in (3days and 3h) so bedtime for me - and, surprise, a friend translated (so even I and the tired mind could understand ^0^; ). Be safe and thanks for the patience.

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Happy new year to you admins and mods for doing such a great job and providing us with such a great plattform 🙏🥂 I really like the patreon idea. It's a good and simple way to support a site I (and the most of us) spend quite a lot of time on. So yeah, I really wanna support you and your work.

Mods had the privilege of beta testing these new features, and let me tell you, they are very cool! We know the ins and outs of using them, so please comment here if you have any questions.

Yeah, you're totally right! The image recommendations really rock 🤘

chipperpip★
Jan 05, 2022 - edited Jan 06, 2022 - permalink

I can tell it seem to work pretty well because the "Recommended for You - All Time" section often shows me pics I already saved years ago but just hadn't +1'd yet (I used to not be as consistent with that, now I use it partially as a "downloaded" marker)

Chainer★
Jan 06, 2022 - permalink

Thank you both for the kind words and for subscribing 6Karrel6, at the gold tier no less! That is very generous of you.

cgsweat★
Jan 06, 2022 - edited Jan 06, 2022 - permalink

Happy new year to you admins and mods for doing such a great job and providing us with such a great plattform 🙏🥂

Thanks 6Karrel6!

Also thanks to all of our new patrons:

And thanks to the many more 1st level patrons who aren't listed (as explained in the tier structure on the Patreon page)!

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I think an ad-free experience on the site, at least for the top tier, would be a feature many would consider paying for.

Chainer★
1 day ago - permalink
Thread locked by Chainer★.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »