Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Are female athletes special protected in this forum?

Dec 24, 2021 - permalink

Judging by all your comments on here it sounds like you might be cleancorssfits long lost father.

Dec 24, 2021 - edited Dec 24, 2021 - permalink

When all else fails ad hominem. You're a grown man in an 18 year old girl's discord, let's not devolve into throwing stones. Keep it respectful or just let it go.

Chainer
Dec 24, 2021 - permalink

There's a lot of going in circles but the way I see it there are two points being made here:

A. Girls who do sex work or muscle fetish stuff online are being naive if they assume their online activities will stay hidden and not be tied to their real identities. This is generally true for any sort of online activity you'd prefer to stay hidden, with it being more likely that it gets back to you the more visible said activity is.

B. Harassing women is bad and we should discourage it and condemn people who do it.

These are both simultaneously true.

Dec 24, 2021 - edited Dec 24, 2021 - permalink

When all else fails ad hominem. You're a grown man in an 18 year old girl's discord, let's not devolve into throwing stones. Keep it respectful or just let it go.

I guess youre able to telepathically retrieve info on my age now. Damn dude, you got me. Look at the other comments my guy, people dont like you either and so far you havent given me a reason to respect you cause your first comment on this thread that you edited was you bitching how Dylan is pampered or some shit. This all stemmed from cleancorss getting butthurt his other thread got locked and you were backing that assclown lowkey and then you sit here typing paragraphs on some revenge of the nerds bullshit. I am sure you will write a 2 page paper for this response too.

Dec 24, 2021 - permalink

my guy, lowkey

That explains a lot.

Dec 27, 2021 - permalink

Of course females should be protect,,, so simple

Dec 28, 2021 - permalink

Are female athletes special protected in this forum? I'm asking this question because a thread got closed after I criticised an athlete who is also a user here. If you don't want that kind of discussion I would appreciate if you could make it clear. I am not interested in investing my time into threads that are not welcome. If you think protecting some girls (so they stay here) is more important than a vivid discussion than please tell us.

Nah, you were just being a jerk and jerks are a dime a dozen whereas gracious and gorgeous young female athletes who are cool enough to not only participate here, but interact and provide content are extremely rare. If it was up to me you'd have been banned completely. You're lucky you're still here.

Dec 28, 2021 - permalink

Of course females should be protect,,, so simple

To what extent and why? Curious.

Dec 28, 2021 - permalink

In every case,, not very difficult,, maybe im old fashioned,, but a man should always protect a woman

Dec 28, 2021 - permalink

To what extent and why? Curious.

Did you deliberately choose to ignore hedgeborn’s post above? Because it explain things pretty succinctly:

… jerks are a dime a dozen whereas gracious and gorgeous young female athletes who are cool enough to not only participate here, but interact and provide content are extremely rare.

The “extent” that you refer to does not have a static test and is logically applied like other rules and norms governing social interaction on the Internet and in society. That is, others’ rights are defended by rule keepers in proportion to the extent with which the rules, or others’ concomitant rights, are violated. In normal English, that means if you are a bigger pain in the ass you will get more negative attention from moderators.

Dec 28, 2021 - permalink

Did you deliberately choose to ignore hedgeborn’s post above? Because it explain things pretty succinctly:

The “extent” that you refer to does not have a static test and is logically applied like other rules and norms governing social interaction on the Internet and in society. That is, others’ rights are defended by rule keepers in proportion to the extent with which the rules, or others’ concomitant rights, are violated. In normal English, that means if you are a bigger pain in the ass you will get more negative attention from moderators.

His post has nothing to do with my question.

Dec 28, 2021 - edited Dec 28, 2021 - permalink

In every case,, not very difficult,, maybe im old fashioned,, but a man should always protect a woman

I certainly understand and agree with the desire to protect females from physical harm, as they typically lack the ability to do so on their own. But further than that I think they're capable of handling their selves just fine and don't require extra help. Bearing in mind being old school also involves women being subordinate to men. Is that something you subscribe to? There's a difference between protection and placing one as a higher class, the latter of which doesn't mesh with old fashioned principles.

To me, maybe prioritize the 99.9% of your user-base. But, again this is a unique community where most don't mind being subordinate to the women, for lack of a better word. So I'm certainly not arguing that what has been done is wrong, in terms of everything done for the women - not this particular event. It's not something you would see anywhere else, but it works here.

fp909
Dec 28, 2021 - permalink

Regardless if male or female no one should be excusing poor behavior toward them because they left themselves in a potentially vulnerable position.

Dec 28, 2021 - permalink

His post has nothing to do with my question.

Then you are tacitly admitting you are off topic to this thread.

Dec 29, 2021 - permalink

Then you are tacitly admitting you are off topic to this thread.

No, it's actually directly related to the topic of the thread. Hopefully you're not being serious.

Thread topic: "Are female athletes special protected in this forum?"

Question I posed: To what extent should they be protected?

Dec 30, 2021 - permalink

Tall1, are you actually cleancrossfit using a different account?

The answer is: ..."No moreso than anyone else who enters the public domain with the intention of benefiting monetarily."

As long as you realisea and accept that you must take responsibility and ownership of everything you say, do and post online...there is no issue.

Is there special treatment is a separate question, and to my mind less important if liability for actions is accepted from the outset.

Dec 30, 2021 - permalink

Tall1 has always posted a stream of nonsense on here.

Chainer
Dec 30, 2021 - permalink

You may not agree with what he says but if you're going to comment you need to elaborate on why. As it is you just left a low effort, inflammatory drive-by comment that the thread would have been better without.

The same thing applies to some other commenters above, like the guy who uses commas,,, like this,

Dec 31, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by Chainer
Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Unfortunately, you guys just aren't following. I haven't offered any support or defense for what that guy said or did to Dylan. I haven't even offered an opinion on that specifically. Simply put, I'm in favor of the same rules and treatment for everyone, I do not believe in special rules for anyone. Further, I don't see the benefit in certain rules that offer nothing more than an illusion of protection. It's better HBC just be honest with their performers, but that won't happen because it's against their business interest. Regardless, we all have to be responsible for the decisions we make including the FBBs we all love. I'll just leave it at that since there's no point in putting in effort when people clearly aren't interested in having a mature or nuanced discussion.

At the end of the day this is nothing to get this emotional or upset over. It should be ok to disagree and exchange ideas without throwing tantrums.

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »