Forum > Bug Reports > Thread

New Post Notification bug

Dec 22, 2021 - permalink

Lately when a new pic of Anna Mroczkowska goes up, I get 8 notifications for it. I have seen it happen for others but they don't seem to be as extreme and lately it's just happening for her posts. It's been going on for the past week. Not a big problem but mentioning it in case it's a side effect of something else that could become one.

Chainer
Dec 23, 2021 - permalink

Thanks for reporting, should be fixed now.

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

I believe that there is a similar bug occurring with Jacquelyn (@fitxjac)…

cgsweat
Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

I believe that there is a similar bug occurring with Jacquelyn (@fitxjac)…

Chainer might need more information than this. What makes you think there is a bug?

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Well for one, every time there is a single upload, a new notification pops up. I would guess that you wouldn’t be having a new notification pop up with every image that is uploaded from one person. I would think there is a time limit or something and then it shows up as one batched upload.

My guess also is that the mods are able to see things like this even if they aren’t subbed to the person themselves.

I couldn’t tell you in terms of time because there is no timestamp of how often the uploads and notifications are happening other than the pictures themselves.

Chainer
Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Did you look at / see each notification before the next one came up? In that case, it's working as intended. It's just not supposed to give you multiple copies of a notification if there's already one for that name you haven't seen yet.

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Ok that makes more sense. Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn’t aware that it would create a new notification if you had already clicked on it before. But I can see where it would notify you constantly every time if you have already seen and clicked on the prior notification.

Would it only send one notification if multiple images are sent over a short period of time then and the notification went unread until the uploads were completed?

cgsweat
Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Would it only send one notification if multiple images are sent over a short period of time then and the notification went unread until the uploads were completed?

Based on what Chainer said and the wording of the notification(s), then you should only receive one notification. At that point, any new images will be included in that same notification. If you check your notifications then it will reset and send a new notification once a new image is uploaded.

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

If you check your notifications then it will reset and send a new notification once a new image is uploaded.

Ok I understand that. Thank you!!

Chainer
Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Yeah, what cgsweat said. Whenever an image is tagged with a name you're subscribed to, it creates a notification for you unless you already have an unread notification for that name.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »