Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Thoughts on new GWM logo

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

First thing I noticed today was the logo had changed on the top of the site. I will admit I have never been a fan of the old logo.

What do you OG long time members think?

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

Not a fan of the new one…

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

Neither particularly like the old or new one.

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

Well not an OG long time member but it's fine, better than the old one actually.

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

I don't care at all what the logo looks like, sleek design though.

Chainer
Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

The reason I changed it is because I had go recreate it somewhere else, but I lost the font the old one used. So I made a new one. Not that I ever really loved the old one.

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

I dig it!

[deleted]
Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

It was actually the first thing I noticed when I logged in today, and really like the new sleek design!

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

Love it! Very sleek looking.

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

Like it.

[deleted]
Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

New one looks great.

cgsweat
Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

The reason I changed it is because I had go recreate it somewhere else, but I lost the font the old one used. So I made a new one. Not that I ever really loved the old one.

Looks good, although it sounds like you kind of made this one while in a pinch. I don't know if you'd be open to the idea of an art contest to see who can come up with the best logo, from amongst users in the community. I'm sure at least a few of them have pretty decent artistic ability, and it would be fun to participate in. And the finalists could perhaps be put to a vote so that there would be a clear winner.

It wouldn't be entirely necessary, as this logo looks good enough, but it's just a fun idea anyway that I thought I'd throw out there.

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

I only first noticed it in a Chrome tab. I thought I was spammed and went to some other website. The new look is cool. That logo was looking a little long in the tooth, so I appreciate the sprucing up. I guess it makes sense since even large companies are sprucing up their branding. But the content still remains top notch. Thanks everyone.

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

I didn't even notice. And I already don't even remember what the old one looked like.

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

It looks really good and slick and professional!👏👏

Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

I like it……

hrm
Dec 06, 2021 - permalink

Any newcomer may find this site by chance only. Putting 'GWM' into google or wikipedia there's popping up "Great Wall Motors Co." among many others. The only indication of the site's name left is the email reference.

tamarok
Dec 07, 2021 - permalink

Any newcomer may find this site by chance only. Putting 'GWM' into google or wikipedia there's popping up "Great Wall Motors Co." among many others. The only indication of the site's name left is the email reference.

I’m okay with the new logo, but it’s true that maybe having the site’s name spelled out would be better?

[deleted]
Dec 07, 2021 - permalink

Looks great

Dec 07, 2021 - permalink

I like the new logo, it's clean.

Dec 11, 2021 - permalink

Nice sleek design. I dig it!

Dec 11, 2021 - permalink

GWM Wrestling only on TNT! It does look like a wrestling logo.

Dec 11, 2021 - permalink

In the "outside world", GWM means Gay White Male.

Please go back to words vs. acronym.

Yes I did notice. Only saw the thread today.

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »