Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Height and armwrestling

Dec 03, 2021 - permalink

Which strong woman one is harder to beat: a taller or a shorter than you?

Dec 03, 2021 - permalink

Typically, but not always, a shorter person has an advantage while arm wrestling, its about the geometry. Shorter weight lifters can typically lift more on average than tall lifters.

Dec 03, 2021 - permalink

In the Stallone movie "Over the Top," which I'm sure is totally realistic, they show armwrestlers/pullers wearing elevator shoes. I'd assume there's an advantage for having a shorter arm (and the position of one's body). Weight is probably a more significant factor, and the taller you are, the more weight you can add. I remember watching Youtube videos about this form of "combat" years ago, and one of the all-time great armwrestlers was a man of unremarkable height. We've also seen professional arm-wrestlers toy with hulking bodybuilders.

As for the OP's question: I'm reasonably fit, and I'd feel confident beating the vast majority of women on this site, even if the ones who can lift more weight than me, and that's for the same reason I can throw a ball farther: they have terrible mechanics. The women who are strong and study armwrestling would destroy me. Height is a relative non-factor.

Dec 03, 2021 - permalink

Depends how big the size diference is lol . At a too big disadvantage especialy at weight the chance for the smaller one get in ditection zero .

I have beaten taller ones and smaller , but same is that taller ones have beaten me and smaller ones too . So in general not to say .

Most important is the technique and how to use my strength in combination with my weight . A good strenght endourence is a and know how to use is a part of the technique too . Happens often that a man is stronger but i be able to resist and hold long enough , so he get powered out quick , i have normaly enough strength endourence left for push his powered out arm down in combination with a good technique .

I have also armwrestled fat ones who was not able to beat me but they was so massive that the arm is close to immovabel - both men and womaen .

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »