Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

How do you get your significant other into lifting?

Nov 29, 2021 - permalink

We have had lots of threads on this forum about how meet and go out with muscular women. However, what about those who are already in relationships with someone who, well, isn’t into lifting or fitness? What ways can you convince your partner to get into building muscle? Do you lead by example and also lift? Do you show her what you’re into? Or do you do something else?

Nov 29, 2021 - permalink

I think you should definitely be open with your spouse about your preference and tell her what you like. After that you can lead from her response. Either she’s like, that’s pretty cool and ask her if she wants to go workout with you a few times a week. And if she thinks that she’ll become muscular very fast, she won’t, you probably know this. Let me know how it went.

Nov 29, 2021 - permalink

I think you should definitely be open with your spouse about your preference and tell her what you like. After that you can lead from her response. Either she’s like, that’s pretty cool and ask her if she wants to go workout with you a few times a week. And if she thinks that she’ll become muscular very fast, she won’t, you probably know this. Let me know how it went.

Oh this isn’t for me (fortunately I have a partner who lifts.) Rather, this is a topic of curiosity for me because I see so many posts of dudes who hide their attractions from the SOs. Maybe this will be a way to help them out.

Nov 29, 2021 - permalink

Most definitely be leading by example. You can't expect her to work out if you don't put in the work either.

My gf is skinny without any muscle, but I got her to go to the gym recently with me and she loves it and joins whenever I go (she even expresses she wants to go). Mind you, this girl had very low self confidence in her physical abilities before and was intimidated by the word "gym". Ever since I met her I've been telling her I'd like her to join me sometime, but only recently she joined.

Some things that helped: - Involve her in your healthy lifestyle. She noticed some foods didn't make her feel well. So we decided to eat healthy together and be more aware of our diet. She also wants to upkeep her protein and is taking creatine as well for the benefits.

• Encourage her and compliment her whenever she achieves something that requires physical effort. Like I said, my gf was very insecure about her physical abilities. Once, she outdid herself by going on a very long walk and I complimented her and made her believe she could overcome her physical limitations

• Buy her workout clothing. They're cute, sexy, and make your gf feel good. Before she first joined me to the gym, I bought her an outfit (leggings + top). She loves wearing it and it makes her feel good.

• Ask her how she feels after a workout and set goals together. Just working out without a clear goal will become pointless over time, but if she has a goal, she will stay motived longer until it becomes habit.

Luckily, my gf told me "can't believe I'd every want to gain weight", implying she wants to gain muscle all over her body. While she dislikes bulky/visible muscle now, she might like it once she adds some.

EDIT: I also posted a threat on this topic a while back asking for advice, so here's giving back to the community ;)

Nov 29, 2021 - permalink

Oh okay I see, yeah my sister got into lifting like 2 years ago so that was also pretty cool. That’s why I responded. >

Oh this isn’t for me (fortunately I have a partner who lifts.) Rather, this is a topic of curiosity for me because I see so many posts of dudes who hide their attractions from the SOs. Maybe this will be a way to help them out.

Nov 29, 2021 - permalink

In addition of what is said before I'd mention health benefits and the prevention of injuries. My girl often had back problems, this stopped mostly after she went to the gym with me.

Nowadays she's a addicted to working out, mostly bootcamp, and never wants tot miss a class.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »