Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

GWM's Most Subscribed Names

« first < prev Page 3 of 16 next > last »
Dec 12, 2021 - permalink

I'm really surprised by Aline. An Da and Ana both frequent the top pics but before this thread I have never even heard of Aline.

Dec 12, 2021 - permalink

Update…Giulia has reached 1,000 subs! 🥳

Dec 12, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by sprtguy04
cgsweat
Dec 17, 2021 - permalink

There's now only a 10 point spread between the top 3:

1. An Da Jeong - 1063
  2. Anastasia Leonova - 1057
  3. Aline Dessine - 1053
Dec 27, 2021 - edited Dec 27, 2021 - permalink

Top 3 (updated counts):

1. An Da Jeong - 1035
  2. Anastasia Leonova - 1033
  3. Aline Dessine - 1003

Gonna comment on this from CG…

Aline and An are tied for first with 1,075 subs (thanks to uberbabesrule). Anastasia is third with 1,072 subs Giulia Valeriani with 1,039 subs in fourth…

The next closest two I think are Sunny Andrews with 967 and Kristina Zafirova with 962…

Dec 27, 2021 - permalink

Aline takes the lead 1075

fp909
Dec 27, 2021 - edited Dec 27, 2021 - permalink

Kristina with a great count despite some of the worst photos of All time. Great physique but so many photos from 40 feet away in the mirror behind a squat rack or skewed screenshots from story photos.

Dec 27, 2021 - edited Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

Kristina with a greet count despite some of the worst photos of All time. Great physique but so many photos from 40 feet away in the mirror behind a squat rack or skewed screenshots from story photos.

I did just notice that. I haven’t subscribed to her but yeah all her photos are using a mirror. Guess that’s her way of doing it…

Dec 27, 2021 - permalink

Gonna comment on this from CG…

Aline and An are tied for first with 1,075 subs (thanks to uberbabesrule). Anastasia is third with 1,072 subs Giulia Valeriani with 1,039 subs in fourth…

The next closest two I think are Sunny Andrews with 967 and Kristina Zafirova with 962…

I didnt subscribe, just noticed Aline had moved into 1st place! (Temporarily)

Dec 27, 2021 - permalink

Just giving you credit for pointing it out :)

Dec 27, 2021 - permalink

Kristina with a great count despite some of the worst photos of All time. Great physique but so many photos from 40 feet away in the mirror behind a squat rack or skewed screenshots from story photos.

Yup, she needs a professional photo shoot real bad. Or Maybe a workout partner to take pictures after a gym session

Jan 06, 2022 - edited Jan 06, 2022 - permalink

Update

1) Giulia Valeriani = 1,097 subs

2) An Da Jeong = 1,095 subs

3) Aline Dessine = 1,093 subs

4) Anastasia Leonova = 1,086 subs

Race to 1,000 subs

Sunny Andrews = 987 subs

Kristina Zafirova = 979 subs

Anna Mroczkowska = 969 subs

I know I have the top 4 down pretty well, I think the next 3 are also correct but much less sure…

[deleted]
Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

Giulia is... underwhelming for a first place? I'm not trying to knock anyone down, she's evidently beautiful, but not that muscular for a site called "Girls with Muscle", and with a beast like Leonova trailing close behind.

fp909
Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

^^ boobs and butt

Jan 07, 2022 - edited Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

An and Giulia have each been the first to get to 1,100 subs!!

EDIT: Aline has also gone past 1,100 subs.

[deleted]
Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I see white, asian and latina women near the top. Out of curiosity, who's the best ranked black girl?

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I see white, asian and latina women near the top. Out of curiosity, who's the best ranked black girl?

Chainer probably has this but it looks like it’s Andrea Shaw with 742 subs.

[deleted]
Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

Black women are 68% as popular as white women here, and that's only counting the very top girls, without getting into the number of girls from each race posted here. I'm sure this says something about this site's userbase and/or about mainstream beauty standards...

fp909
Jan 07, 2022 - edited Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

Off the top of my head I can name three big-time black women in bodybuilding who are still young, active, and popular:

Shanique Grant (retired) Cyd Gillon Andrea Shaw

Shanique Grant did site shoots years ago but I don't think she did any more after that first round. Cyd Gillon has done ZERO to my knowledge. Andrea Shaw is pretty popular here but the sub numbers don't lie (or maybe they do). To me, Cyd is the most attractive of the three but she doesn't exactly post the kind of stuff that winds up here a lot. Just your basic figure posing; the first page of her search results there's not even one recent bicep flex.

There's a few I'd recognize on sight, but I think they came to the game the last couple of years and put most of their stuff behind a paywall. T-Rex muscle comes to mind.

Population percentage aside....I'll use the Olympia top 5 as an example. Somewhat important, I'm black:

2020 Olympia WPD had 2 black women in the top 5--Grant, who doesn't do fetish shoots, and Barbra Menage, who I'm pretty sure doesn't shoot either. Menage has like 12 search results. Not pages, 12 photos. She also bald, currently, and personal choice or not, I don't find that attractive.

2021 Olympia only had one: Menage again, still bald. Meanwhile Sarah Villegas (hot) and Brooke Walker (smokeshow) were there. And Brooke, Natalia Coelho, and Ivie Rhein all shoot with the sites.

Not to mention the huge influx of crossfit uploads, which tends to be overwhelmingly white because of cost.

This has often gotten me in trouble with my mother who has insisted I only marry black women, but since I'm into fit women and there tend to be not as many, whether it's cost, culture, or whatever, I'm a fish without that barrel.

EDIT: I will say, anecdotally since it doesn't have anything to do with the subs here, I have far less success DM'ing black women about videos than any other race. Either I don't get an answer at all or it's a straight no, with few exceptions.

cgsweat
Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

That about sums it up, it's just basic statistics. There are far fewer black women represented on this site. Of the ones who are, typically the majority are athletes (either Olympians or play in some kind of team sport) which is pretty niche and fairly ignored on this site unfortunately, but that also factors into it.

You can see by the results of this recent poll what the majority of users here are into... massive muscles, very lean conditioning and with emphasis on upper bodies. Not too many black women on this site have that. I think the best representations of those results would be Monique Jones and Andrea Shaw. You also have Margie Martin, but in my opinion her main strength is her quads, followed by upper body.

cgsweat
Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

And as fp909 pointed out activity plays a role as well. How active they are on social media. Women who steadily upload on a daily basis tend to get noticed more. All 4 who have broken past 1,000 subscribers are very active on social media.

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I concur. There are countless muscle sistas with that WOW factor. And of that specific group the only names that pop into my head who have some online presence are Andrea Shaw, Margie Martin, Monique Jones, and Jada Beverly. That's it.

Victoria Dominguez had a nice mini-comeback to the stage last year and then poof, gone, and no updates.

I think of women like Danielle Willis and Dominique Furuta got a lot of attention in the beginning and then had a noticeable dip in popularity for obvious reasons. Maybe Kashma Maharaj counts in this group as well. She's from Trinidad I believe but I don't know if she is Afro-side or Indian-side or both.

I think of women like Christina Bryant, Sheronica Henton, Sheera Washington, and Manal Ben Jabeur who would slingshot up the list if they had more of an online presence.

And when I think of black women at the fitness/figure level they are the quietest group of them all.

So I think it's understandable that the sistas are further down the list. A decade ago it'd be a much different discussion when we had women like Kim Perez, Nancy Lewis, Heather Foster, Monique Hayes, Alana Shipp

fp909
Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

Marcie simmons was another recent one but it seems she got so much unwanted attention she really quit the scene. She used to be really popular on cam and then she was gone AND made at least one YT video detailing what was wrong with the schmoe side of bodybuilding

« first < prev Page 3 of 16 next > last »