Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Disney Plus Live Action She Hulk

« first < prev Page 2 of 13 next > last »
Nov 14, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Nov 14, 2021 - permalink

You guys who are diss'in the latest She Hulk are never gonna get a date with her.

I, on the other hand, think she was a perfect choice. Better than George C. Scott as Patton.

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

They could have chosen a FBB who has class, is witty and charming, and has muscle though. Someone like Isabelle Turell would have been perfect. She’s a natural for the role and is very well spoken and has a great sense of humor.

All I wanna know is: who's the gal flexing with Isabelle?

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

All I wanna know is: who's the gal flexing with Isabelle?

Kristina Mendoza

And to be honest, I didn't expect Marvel to go huge. We may have wanted that, but let's be real - that wasn't going to happen. I at least thought with Fortnite and recent promo art she'd be a tad bigger, though.

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

I don't think it would have been impossible to find an FBB who had decent acting chops.

I remember Cory Everson having a decent amount of film credits in the 90s, not to mention she was the ultimate female bad guy bodyguard in my book.

https://youtu.be/Q19rH27gflU

Course, the main issue is I assume Jen Walters is going to be transforming back and forth which would make it difficult.

Still, any way an FBB could play one of the villains?

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

Or they could have have Isabelle play both and they could digitally make her scrawny when she's not transformed like they did Chris Evans before he becomes Captain America lol.

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

Marvel was never going to go the old-fashioned route of having two different people play Jennifer and She-Hulk. Banner and Hulk are both played by Mark Ruffalo, so they'd have to do the same with his cousin.

As for an FBB playing a villain, probably not. The closest they've got is a stunt double who's fairly fit (and she may be the model they based She-Hulk's build on).

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

So, padding. Yeah, not surprising, and imho the best choice for the character to hulk on/off.

I'd rather watch a show with a talented actress with an average build than one starring a bodybuilder with little to no acting experience.

I agree. Although the looks and resemblance are a great deal, keep in mind that a big part of Jen's charm is not the size of her muscles, but her personality...and that is much harder to fake. And hey, if you want to complain about looks...wait til you see Titania XD.

Marvel was never going to go the old-fashioned route of having two different people play Jennifer and She-Hulk. Banner and Hulk are both played by Mark Ruffalo, so they'd have to do the same with his cousin.

I can't wait until Faceswap-styled software gets more and more precise and fast to do it in a full series (they've been doing it since the first Jurassic Park, as I recall).

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

As long as it's not boring, I won't mind. I mean marvel took 3 films to get the hulk at least decent.

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

I hate to say this but Disney wants someone with a feminine voice to play She-Hulk. I don't think Disney had a female bodybuilder in mind to play She-Hulk who would most likely have a deep voice.

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

I hate to say this but Disney wants someone with a feminine voice to play She-Hulk. I don't think Disney had a female bodybuilder in mind to play She-Hulk who would most likely have a deep voice.

True, but they're also never gonna use anyone who isn't an ACTOR. I don't get why nobody seems to get that. This isn't a made for TV movie here.

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

True, but they're also never gonna use anyone who isn't an ACTOR. I don't get why nobody seems to get that. This isn't a made for TV movie here.

Female bodybuilding is not mainstream. It's a niche interest. Hollywood needs actually actors not female bodybuilders that will gross out the audience with their looks and the way they sound. If somebody wants to make a She Hulk fan film than they can hire a female bodybuilder to do it.

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

It's a double standard. You wouldn't ask that of the male bodybuilders turned actors, they're more likely to transition from bodybuilding to acting. I mean if Hollywood really needed actors over bodybuilders we'd never have any Arnie flicks. That said yeah, if you're an FBB like I said you're either a henchwoman or you're the punchline in a comedy bit.

Still, I hope this show has some good transformation sequences.

https://youtu.be/FJGkPPmBGUk

Also I hope she beats up Hawkeye just because.

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

It's a double standard. You wouldn't ask that of the male bodybuilders turned actors, they're more likely to transition from bodybuilding to acting. I mean if Hollywood really needed actors over bodybuilders we'd never have any Arnie flicks. That said yeah, if you're an FBB like I said you're either a henchwoman or you're the punchline in a comedy bit.

Good point - Arnie isn’t Brando by any means. Then again, Marvel has a habit of hiring well-rounded actors. Adds legitimacy of sorts and allows for that balance of comedy and drama they do.

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

They could have chosen a FBB who has class, is witty and charming, and has muscle though. Someone like Isabelle Turell would have been perfect. She’s a natural for the role and is very well spoken and has a great sense of humor.

Gal gadot with muscle

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

I thought She-Hulk was green all he time? Isn't that one of the biggest differences to Banner?

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

I thought She-Hulk was green all he time? Isn't that one of the biggest differences to Banner?

The show is her origin story. But yes...in the comics she preferred being in Hulk form opposed to Bruce not wanting to be Hulk

Nov 15, 2021 - permalink

I take it Jen isn't going to have the super-sized libido she has in the comics either.

Nov 16, 2021 - permalink

I take it Jen isn't going to have the super-sized libido she has in the comics either.

This will only happen if a fan film about She Hulk is made. Disney most likely won't allow this.

Nov 16, 2021 - permalink

The teaser was too short to give away many details about She Hulk. I'm just glad She Hulk is finally appearing in a much deserved Disney-Marvel Series. Now with regards to She Hulk design, I dont how the final outcome shall be. But I'm curious as to how Jennifer Walters shall transition from being a lawyer to being an Avenger. Also, I expect there should be some cool fight scenes as Titania is expected to appear in it.

Nov 16, 2021 - permalink

I think the 2004 artist struck the perfect balance between bulk and sex appeal

(plus her arch enemy Titania wasn’t too bad either).

Nov 16, 2021 - permalink

I think the 2004 artist struck the perfect balance between bulk and sex appeal

(plus her arch enemy Titania wasn’t too bad either).

She Hulk definitely looks like an actual Hulk in here. I bet the artists involved looked at current female bodybuilders for inspiration. And if they did it's a good call.

Nov 16, 2021 - permalink

She Hulk definitely looks like an actual Hulk in here. I bet the artists involved looked at current female bodybuilders for inspiration. And if they did it's a good call.

The man Paul Pelletier. Dan Slott is into buff women, so I'm sure he showed Paul some good stuff.

« first < prev Page 2 of 13 next > last »