Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Disney Plus Live Action She Hulk

« first < prev Page 13 of 13 next > last »
cgsweat
Oct 28, 2022 - permalink

Yeah, I think Stranger Things got it right when creating a show set in the 80's, but appealing to a modern audience.

Oct 28, 2022 - permalink

A question... How Would You "adapt" She Hulk comics In this show... From 80's, 90's?. Let me read your answers

I want a light, breezy screwball comedy like Byrne's run, but that will never happen. It would make a cool animated show in the vein of the HBO Max Harley Quinn series.

Oct 29, 2022 - permalink

I want a light, breezy screwball comedy like Byrne's run, but that will never happen. It would make a cool animated show in the vein of the HBO Max Harley Quinn series.

I n fact i think they should make fun of Hulk's thropes... As she complaining about clothing prices, or things hurting her feet after every change that stuff, but they used the breaking fourth wall os only joke. I would make the very first, 3 episodes the sabage she hulk arc, she needs to learn been clam, then we can see the sensational she hulk, an actual learning "saga", not a Mary Sue. Dreaming's so easy

Oct 29, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
cgsweat
Oct 29, 2022 - permalink

I would not drink and post...

It might be more of a language barrier. Although alcohol is still possible.

Oct 29, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Oct 29, 2022 - permalink

The question fo the million bucks... How do You imagine a great She Hulk out, cgi or practic special effects?

Oct 29, 2022 - edited Oct 29, 2022 - permalink

The question fo the million bucks... How do You imagine a great She Hulk out, cgi or practic special effects?

I personally would be just fine with a fbb turned green. I don't understand why a full cgi model is necessary.

Oct 29, 2022 - permalink

I personally would just fine with a fbb turned green. I don't understand why a full cgi model is necessary.

Because most FBBs aren't great actors.

Oct 29, 2022 - permalink

Julia Föry is for example, like she has shown in "Pearl".

I guess outstanding acting skills aren't required for that role anyways.

Oct 29, 2022 - permalink

Stevebob here is right. It's one thing if she's muscular, but can she carry a tv series/movie?

Oct 29, 2022 - permalink

Stevebob here is right. It's one thing if she's muscular, but can she carry a tv series/movie?

Well Lou Ferrigno wasn't exaclty Robert De Niro. Yet, people still remember that show.

Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

Well Lou Ferrigno wasn't exaclty Robert De Niro. Yet, people still remember that show.

True, but was he the star or Bill Bixby? Besides, him being the Savage Hulk didn't require him to speak, so he was fine.

cgsweat
Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

You have to admit though, some of those fights/stunts didn't really hold up over time. 🤣

But in all seriousness, it definitely elevated Ferrigno into superstar status. And he's actually had speaking roles since that role, and while he's no Leo Dicaprio, he's still not a bad actor.

Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

True, but was he the star or Bill Bixby? Besides, him being the Savage Hulk didn't require him to speak, so he was fine.

Yeah, but then again: I think there should be some fbbs who could do the job considering the material they had to do deal with. Wouldn't be the first time either: Cory Everson, Christine Lydon, Sue Price amongst others worked as actresses. Some of them even for Oliver Stone and Quentin Tarantino.

Dallas Malloy did also a pretty decent job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtNeWVUCUEk

I know that my examples are not in shape for that role anymore, but what I am trying to say is that only because a woman has big muscles doesn't mean that she can't act at all.

If male muscled "actors" can make it in Hollywood without showing high levels of acting skills, why wouldn't girls either? Times have changed. Muscular girls are way more accepted thanks to instagram and tikok than about 10 years ago. Particularly considering Hollywoods current pc/woke culture. Just take a look at the last He Man reboot in which girls are muscled as fuck.

I might have gone off topic now, but I am tired as fuck. Need to go to bed. See ya.

Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

Yeah, but then again: I think there should be some fbbs who could do the job considering the material they had to do deal with. Wouldn't be the first time either: Cory Everson, Christine Lydon, Sue Price amongst others worked as actresses. Some of them even for Oliver Stone and Quentin Tarantino.

Dallas Malloy did also a pretty decent job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtNeWVUCUEk

I know that my examples are not in shape for that role anymore, but what I am trying to say is that only because a woman has big muscles doesn't mean that she can't act at all.

If male muscled "actors" can make it in Hollywood without showing high levels of acting skills, why wouldn't girls either? Times have changed. Muscular girls are way more accepted thanks to instagram and tikok than about 10 years ago. Particularly considering Hollywoods current pc/woke culture. Just take a look at the last He Man reboot in which girls are muscled as fuck.

I might have gone off topic now, but I am tired as fuck. Need to go to bed. See ya.

No, i agree, these ladies should be given a shot, but honesty, what kind of roles do you think they'd get? When I said "tv series/movie," I meant could one of them perform with the weight of a Patrick Stewart, Daniel Day-Lewis, Judi Dench, or Morgan Freeman? Probably not.

And knowing some of these ladies, they would never sacrifice their bodies like Christian Bale did.

Maybe Hollywood will change things up one day, but the higher-ups still have the last say.

Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

I feel like it's a chicken and egg thing with the acting tho. I worked in film and the truth is Anyone can be a good actor. And (mr obvious here) the more you do it, the better you get at.

With acting it is a feedback loop. Talent is only a small part of it. Opportunity (good roles / good script) is everything. Fbbs do not get enough acting opportunities probably because of their physique. But I am damn sure we would all love fbb action comedies as a genre! (I know i would).

fp909
Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

I don’t think this is true. I think many people are unable to put themselves in the mental space to give a believable performance. Reading lines competently is one thing. Conveying emotions through body language or a simple look is another matter. I’m not even talking about the extreme of method acting.

Saying “pull a Lou ferrigno” is not going to accomplish this. Half the deal with she hulk is that she doesn’t quite suffer gamma radiation the same way. Hulk at first is usually a mostly wordless rage machine. It’s easy to paint a dude green and tell him to yell and throw stuff around.

Much of she hulk is the opposite and she’s able to live her normal live just…bigger and greener.

Foery was not doing heavy lifting in that indie film she was in. Some one rattling off fetish lines doesnt really equate to delivering an emotional line in the climax of a show. If they pulled something liek that the show would still be terrible—just in a different way.

The only way to pull it off without CGI is to find someone who can get to a believable build of course they would have to be willing to do that. Otherwise the next best option is CGI but it really needs to be the movie hulk treatment. Which means time and money and lots of editorial review.

Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

When i first heard about them making a she Hulk show i had very high expectations of the cgi. i have seen a lot of improvement in the 3d fetish art and morhps in recent years. so i thought a big multi-million budget and a big team of professionals could make the perfect cgi female muscle body but i was very wrong. The cgi is very poor in these shows and i am not the only one who noticed it seems like cgi in Hollywood has stagnated and is stuck in the 2000s.

Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

I don’t think this is true. I think many people are unable to put themselves in the mental space to give a believable performance. Reading lines competently is one thing. Conveying emotions through body language or a simple look is another matter. I’m not even talking about the extreme of method acting.

But when it comes to film, a director and editor is half the performance.

Classic examples I can think of is Bogart in Casablanca. There is story of someone talking about how good his performance/look was in a shot, and Bogart said, "The director just told me to look up" (this is in reference to the Kuleshov effect). Or the lady that played Susan Ross (George Costanza's fiancee that passes away on Seinfeld from licking envelopes). Jason Alexander talks about how difficult she was as a comedic actress. But watching the show you couldn't tell at all (or at least i couldn't).

A performance is an amalgamation of so many things. Darth Vader, classic example. An artist to design the suit, a bodybuilder to wear it, and James Earl Jones to voice it. The voice acting was a huge part of it no doubt, but performance is all those things at once (and is never fully perfect, and doesn't need to be). And this is not to diminish acting as a skill (theatre is a whole different ball game). But in film there are ways to make it work.

It is really hard for me to believe that out of all the female bodybuilders that are available not one of them can bring something to the table. And even if they are a novice, actors all have acting coaches (even the big ones).

But again, logistics of production and whims of the producer always dictate. Marvel are already set in there pipeline process throwing out show after show.

But to simplify the question - Is it easier/cheaper to get a female actor to become big and buff for the role or is it easier/cheaper to workshop a female bodybuilder into an actor? I would say the latter would only be more of a gamble.

Oct 30, 2022 - edited Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

Regarding female actors getting buff for a role:

Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor.

Jenette Goldstein as Jenette Vasquez in Aliens. (Damn, she even transformer from a light skinned, red headed, freckled girl to dark Latina! Yeah, she actually was already a bodybuilder before the film, but gained more mass for the film).

Jessica Biel was pretty ripped some years ago. What a great She Hulk she would have been. ♥

This girl:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/12/actre...

These days, it happens all the time!

https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/female...

Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

Regarding female actors getting buff for a role:

Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor.

Jenette Goldstein as Jenette Vasquez in Aliens. (Damn, she even transformer from a light skinned, red headed, freckled girl to dark Latina! Yeah, she actually was already a bodybuilder before the film.)

Jessica Biel was pretty ripped some years ago. What a great She Hulk she would have been. ♥

This girl:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/12/actre...

These days, it happens all the time!

https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/female...

Most those girls are nowhere near big enough to play She-Hulk even if they are 10x more ripped than your average girl. And everyone seems to be forgetting that if an FBB were to cast then you'd have the reverse issue of having to CGI out the muscles when she reverted to regular human form.

Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

Most those girls are nowhere near big enough to play She-Hulk even if they are 10x more ripped than your average girl. And everyone seems to be forgetting that if an FBB were to cast then you'd have the reverse issue of having to CGI out the muscles when she reverted to regular human form.

She Hulk hasn't always been depicted SUPER muscular in the comics/animated adaptions.

I personally would be fine with two actresses sharing the role.

Deepfake technology would also solve the problem. Check this out for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD4YUdPL8hc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbItbKiTQH0

Marvel did it already with the actor who played Captain America in one of their films:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewJsSoE4aAM

Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

Saying “pull a Lou ferrigno” is not going to accomplish this. Half the deal with she hulk is that she doesn’t quite suffer gamma radiation the same way. Hulk at first is usually a mostly wordless rage machine. It’s easy to paint a dude green and tell him to yell and throw stuff around.

Much of she hulk is the opposite and she’s able to live her normal live just…bigger and greener.

Foery was not doing heavy lifting in that indie film she was in. Some one rattling off fetish lines doesnt really equate to delivering an emotional line in the climax of a show. If they pulled something liek that the show would still be terrible—just in a different way.

That role does not require Shakespeare acting level skills.

What Julia Föry showed in Pearl was at least on par with what the likes of Schwarzenegger, Dwayne Johnson, Dave Bautista and so on pulled off.

Oct 30, 2022 - edited Oct 30, 2022 - permalink

Call me a sexist, but I have never watched a female-directed action film or series that I liked. I hated Captain Marvel and Black Widow; both were directed by women.

You're not a sexist. The reason these female-directed action films and series are so terrible is because they are man-bashers first, second, and third through forty-third. These misandrists can't help themselves, they just...HAVE to drag men through the mud, it's just too much fucking fun for them not to do it. Even if doing so plunges the rest of their work into a slime pit, they're gonna fucking do it XD

« first < prev Page 13 of 13 next > last »