Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Disney Plus Live Action She Hulk

« first < prev Page 10 of 13 next > last »
Sep 23, 2022 - permalink

Just turned 37

Sep 24, 2022 - permalink

I just watched episode 6, I actually really enjoyed the She-Hulk, the actress and effects. The She-Hulk looks pretty buff and bulky also with an amazing lady figure, I love her hair, it looks really cool, a great reference to some original material. Her face animation looks really neat. There's still something with the general moving animation, but usually her expresions and acting makes her look beautiful/funny.

Also as a man I feel kind of challenged by the feminism stuff in the show (I guess it is the idea), but also I think it may be a good insight about dating and relationships, and certain actitudes that are not atractive. At the same time, it is kind of heavy this "perfect man" or the not perfect men they portrait, kind of disneyish. Eitherway, I found the women side relatable (in most cases) and also veridical as it is what most women describe or feel about those things in dating.

I also like the tone of the show, and things like the breaking of the four wall it is really funny or clever.

Sep 29, 2022 - permalink

Episode 7 was surprisingly well-written.

Which one of you guys is on the VFX team for this show, lol?

Sep 29, 2022 - permalink

She actually looks defined in her normal form. Not bad!

She should be on here. I will check.

Sep 29, 2022 - permalink

Episode 7 was my favorite so far in terms of writing and the muscularity of She-Hulk seemed a little improved.

And, yes, I did notice Tatiana Maslany's toned and defined physique!

Sep 29, 2022 - permalink

But is Tatiana Maslany natty?

A Girlswithmuscle told me you can't have visible chest striations and be natty.

Sep 29, 2022 - edited Sep 29, 2022 - permalink

This is what she looked like back in the Orphan Black days. With the right cycle(s) she could probably have a look similar to that of Angela Yeo.

Sep 29, 2022 - permalink

She actually looks defined in her normal form. Not bad!

Is she in some kind of a forced labor camp here? Awfully malnourished.

Sep 29, 2022 - edited Sep 29, 2022 - permalink

I've dated women more muscular and defined than Tatiana and they definitely were natural. So I think it's extremely unlikely that Tatiana isn't natural. Just good genetics and very fit.

fp909
Sep 29, 2022 - permalink

again i will say that this site really distorts what is possible and what is not without drugs.

just like social media has made people think they are "weak" if they can "only" bench 225 for one rep or deadlift "only" 315. all we see is the cream of the crop (or in our cases the ones on roids are circulated the most)

Sep 30, 2022 - permalink

Episode 7 was surprisingly well-written.

Which one of you guys is on the VFX team for this show, lol?

Vfx really looks polished in these screencaps

Oct 02, 2022 - permalink
Oct 13, 2022 - permalink

The finale's out today. What did you guys think?

For me the final two episodes were the culmination of a very satisfying build up. They'll need a whole new bag of tricks for the next season.

Oct 13, 2022 - permalink

My question is....the Savage She Hulk at the beginning of the episode. Was that a fbb? a guy? cgi?

fp909
Oct 13, 2022 - permalink

It was a guy. The same guy I posted several weeks ago

Oct 13, 2022 - permalink

After a slow start I was starting to get into it, but the finale was disappointing for me. It was too meta (breaking fourth wall and creator/story wall) for my tastes, or at least too meta without having a fulfilling story line to go along with the meta content. There were a few interesting threads that never paid off for me. Did I hate the series, no, but I felt very disappointed especially given some of the talented cast.

Oct 13, 2022 - permalink

My question is....the Savage She Hulk at the beginning of the episode. Was that a fbb? a guy? cgi?

It was a guy named Devon Lewis in makeup and bodypaint. They did have a female body double for regular She-Hulk who is over 6'5".

https://twitter.com/Malia_Arrayah/status/1580...

Oct 13, 2022 - permalink

It was a guy named Devon Lewis in makeup and bodypaint. They did have a female body double for regular She-Hulk who is over 6'5".

https://twitter.com/Malia_Arrayah/status/1580...

Six five - that is so hot.

Oct 14, 2022 - permalink

After a slow start I was starting to get into it, but the finale was disappointing for me. It was too meta (breaking fourth wall and creator/story wall) for my tastes, or at least too meta without having a fulfilling story line to go along with the meta content. There were a few interesting threads that never paid off for me. Did I hate the series, no, but I felt very disappointed especially given some of the talented cast.

Same here - I wasn't expecting a 30 minute show about a green fbb flexing and choking guys, so it was ok to me. The show was more or less what I expected (mostly because my SH experience has been mostly with spare pages, several of them from the Byrne era), and I kinda liked it. Maslany fills her role well, and the tongue-in-cheek stuff, while sometimes being a bit too much, delivered.

Oct 14, 2022 - permalink

This series was a nine episode-long coping mechanism meant to validate the sad lives of the middle-aged dog moms and wine aunts that make up its writers' room. With a literal self-insert of the latter, to boot.

Oct 14, 2022 - permalink

This series was a nine episode-long coping mechanism meant to validate the sad lives of the middle-aged dog moms and wine aunts that make up its writers' room. With a literal self-insert of the latter, to boot.

Lol, this isn’t projection at all.

I loved the show. It was never going to be catered to schmoes, but it was a fun, breezy and lighthearted MCU series. I really hope it gets another season.

Oct 14, 2022 - permalink

No need to get defensive. The projection is wholly on the part of the writers.

And why even bring up schmoes? The show is bait for comic book fans and supposedly meant to cater to the general MCU audience, while failing to appeal to either. It's an incoherent, terribly written, tone-deaf uncanny valley CGI fest that can't even save itself with She-Hulk's traditional fourth wall breaking antics.

Oct 14, 2022 - permalink

No need to get defensive. The projection is wholly on the part of the writers.

And why even bring up schmoes? The show is bait for comic book fans and supposedly meant to cater to the general MCU audience, while failing to appeal to either. It's an incoherent, terribly written, tone-deaf uncanny valley CGI fest that can't even save itself with She-Hulk's traditional fourth wall breaking antics.

I'm a lifelong comic fan (including several She Hulk runs) and an MCU fan. It appealed to me.

fp909
Oct 14, 2022 - permalink

i think in general MCU shows could use better writers. Idk if they're hiring young or inexperienced or unfamiliar, but a lot of the franchise formula now (in general) sounds like some of the worst written panels.

Oct 14, 2022 - permalink

I'm a lifelong comic fan (including several She Hulk runs) and an MCU fan. It appealed to me.

Likewise. It followed the tone (meta humor and 4th wall breaking) of the comics, especially the Byrne run.

« first < prev Page 10 of 13 next > last »