Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Muscular women with strength requirements for potential dates

Oct 18, 2021 - permalink

I found this interesting tinder profile on Reddit. Basically, the woman says she won’t go out with any guy who doesn’t lift a certain amount.

I’ve always believed that fit/muscular women want to date fit/muscular guys due to living a similar lifestyle, but this is an example of someone who wants a guy who is obviously a stronger lifter. Do you think a lot of other buff women think the same, or is this more of a one-off? Also, does this motivate you to hit the gym harder?

Oct 18, 2021 - permalink

Yea its unfortunately very common for normal women its not problem because i am probably going to be stronger than them anyway despite not working out but these muscular women still expect a man who is stronger meaning it will be too hard for most men to meet their standards its going to be very rare to find a woman who is willing to date weaker man and is actually strong there are women that do not care if their boyfriends are strong or not but these women are usually not athletes so it would not matter and finding someone who is both strong and into weaker men is extremely rare but what i will say is that the woman on the tinder seems very rude and most women will not be this elitist.

Oct 18, 2021 - permalink

Can u post a link to the tinder profile?

Oct 18, 2021 - permalink

Can u post a link to the tinder profile?

I don’t have a link to the actual profile: just the Reddit thread that references it.

fp909
Oct 18, 2021 - permalink

everyone has preferences but i am really annoyed by ones like that.

chances are she has some kind of height and salary requirements, though she would balk at someone asking what her weight was, or her lifts (maybe).

at least it's something that you can change, with time, but obviously no one is going to suddenly deadlift 350 overnight if they couldn't before, so it's essentially the same as a height requirement in my eyes.

double standards and all that

[deleted]
Oct 18, 2021 - permalink

It's a bit obnoxious but 350lbs is quite easy for any guy that's done some training.

Oct 18, 2021 - permalink

It's a bit obnoxious but 350lbs is quite easy for any guy that's done some training.

To be fair, the vast majority of dudes out there, even those who hit the gym and lift, can’t deadlift that much. If you are around powerlifters and crossfitters or if you go to a hardcore lifting gym, then yeah, you’ll see that a lot, but the vast majority of the populace is not that strong.

And even though I can deadlift that much for reps, the way she said it on her profile is pretty shitty, and I would not swipe on her.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »