Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What experiences do you have as a man or woman with mixed arm wrestling, and who won?

Dec 15, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
cgsweat
Dec 15, 2021 - permalink

I loved her muscle and even though it was exciting to be overpowered by a woman, I became obsessed with lifting weights. I did feel emasculated. We got divorced before I ever had a chance to beat her.

It's not worth getting preoccupied over. Some women in the world will be stronger than you... and that's fine. There's no need to defend your honor or prove your masculinity. I'm sorry you got divorced. Most women don't really care whether a man is physically stronger than her. She just needs a man to fill the role of boyfriend or husband (which typically doesn't involve weightlifting/armwrestling).

Dec 16, 2021 - permalink

It's not worth getting preoccupied over. Some women in the world will be stronger than you... and that's fine. There's no need to defend your honor or prove your masculinity. I'm sorry you got divorced. Most women don't really care whether a man is physically stronger than her. She just needs a man to fill the role of boyfriend or husband (which typically doesn't involve weightlifting/armwrestling).

I was young back then, probably immature and I guess when my ex-wife was obviously stronger than me, it was ego deflating. Our divorce was due to her being unable to be with one man. She has cheated on every man she's ever been with. She's still in the same circle of friends, so the gossip winds up getting back to me. I think she's been married 5 or 6 times.

fp909
Dec 16, 2021 - permalink

I cannot believe the number of random women I’m seeing recently pulling over 405+ and also too the must smaller but still surprising slice of those pulling 500+ and doing regular working sets in that range. It’s incredible how women have exploded in the lifting space in the last 20 years. When I was in college just 10 years ago I don’t think could point out more than 2 that could pull or squat 3 plates but I’m pretty sure I could drop into any college gym in America and find at least 2 at each.

[deleted]
Dec 17, 2021 - permalink

Tried arm wrestling my gf once and I won but it was not that easy win. But I also lost another strength, it was excersise called wall sit. She did it longer than me.

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I armwrestled with 2 girls in my life but none of them was notable. I was a tall, slender, weak looking guy in the high school. But I was doing bodyweight exercises and had average strength compared to my male peers.

One day, a girl just came and wanted to armwrestle with me, thinking I'm the easiest male to beat. Her arms were thicker than mine but turns out all of that thickness was fat. So she lost in 2 seconds.

And second one was with a relatively athletic girl. She was doing cardio regularly but very little weight training. I also beated her but I needed to use my full strength this time.

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I have been fortunate to armwrestle hundreds of women in my life, both in sessions and in other contexts. Always fun...have been pushed a couple of time...particularly on the left...but still waiting to lose.

Jan 09, 2022 - permalink

Years ago, while in college, I visited a buddy at another campus and joined in a touch football game. There were 5 guys on each side -- except one was a girl. She was a dishwater blonde about 5'7", sturdily built and as tough as all get-out. It turned out she was a phys-ed major, and I got her number after the game. We went out a few times, but it never progressed romantically. It happened she had a real boyfriend in the Army. He was in Vietnam then and later was stationed in Germany for almost a year.

I enjoyed Sally's company and didn't have anthing else on the horizon, so we continued to hang out. We even made out lightly on occasion since she was all alone, too. She had to grow up tough -- her 2 older brothers were all-state wrestlers -- and she was proud of her strength. She like to flex, but it was a little disappointing. Her triceps were full and firm, but her biceps were as flat as the plains of Ohio. But while there weren't any peaks, they were like 2" thick steel cables running from her shoulders to her elbows.

One night she challenged me to arm wrestle. I was hesitant at first because I was a horrible arm wrestler as a kid, losing most of my matches (though I never took on a girl). But I had just come off 2 years of hard manual labor while working my way through school, and was in my best shape ever. I easily put her down with my right arm first and then the left. Sally cursed and sulked for half an hour.

Over the next few months, she repeated the challenge with the same results. Twice she muttered, "But I've been working out." Finally, her boyfriend (now her husband of 46 years) came back to the States, and we saw each other only at group get-togethers.

At a party at a friend's house, I retired to the back porch and sat at a small table for a quiet smoke. Sally soon showed up and again challenged me to arm wrestle. By this time, I had been an office worker who hadn't lifted anything heavier than a pen for nearly a year. But I was a gentleman and agreed. It was an epic battle that lasted about 10 minutes, first with one arm, then the other, then back again. No matter what, it was a standstill. Exhausted, we finally gave up, and I congratulated her. (An aside: Her BF, it turns out, was an amateur bodybuilder so maybe, just maybe, she had been "working out" a little bit more than before.) It was a little embarrassing but still fun.

Jun 13, 2023 - permalink

I had a lot , especially in family with mom , dad , cousins etc...my mom , a big tall woman (5,87 feet tall for about 190 lbs) used to beat all of us easily. She defeated me As far as the age of 28. Here's mom and me 16 yo

Jun 14, 2023 - permalink

I wish I could give the name, but she doesn't like having it used when it comes to "sessions."

I met an FBB who had recently had a shoulder operation, and she warned me that her right arm was delicate from it. When we did arm wrestling, I couldn't move her right arm an inch, and I really tried. In other words, that was her version of "delicate"!

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »