Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Site Features You May Not Have Been Aware Of

Dec 28, 2022 - edited Dec 28, 2022 - permalink

Hi, When I go in my account I can visualize 194 upload I did. But in User stat it says I uploaded 215. I imagine difference coul be merge. No problem, but how I can search and these 21 pictures not present in my account? Tried advanced search with pifpaf in "posted by", but it still the 194 upload. Thank you

Dec 31, 2022 - permalink

You can directly edit the page number in the URL to do that.

/thank you for the simple straight to the point logical answer, wise one!

Dec 31, 2022 - permalink

A new update has arrived it seems, in notifications you can see the image when there’s an upload notification

Dec 31, 2022 - permalink

Image thumbnails under account notifications are a nice touch!

Dec 31, 2022 - permalink

Yea image thumbnails under notifications is nice. Good size thumbnails too. Saves me having to open multiple tabs to look at pictures...... also will inadvertantly allow me to spend less time here and be productive with myself.... 🙃🙃🙃

Jan 01, 2023 - edited Jan 01, 2023 - permalink

@Pifpaf

Yep, the higher number is also counting your 21 merged images, since you still get partial credit for those (whatever score they had up until the time of merging, I believe).

Currently I don't think there's any way for regular users to see which of their uploads are merged outside of the original notification, that might be something Chainer can add at some point.

Jan 01, 2023 - permalink

Currently I don't think there's any way for regular users to see which of their uploads are merged outside of the original notification, that might be something Chainer can add at some point.

Using Google will retrieve at least some of these merged pics: https://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.girl...

Jan 01, 2023 - permalink

Image thumbnails under account notifications are a nice touch!

I agree!

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

Would someone please tell me exactly how to upload a TikTok video?

I do feel like a bit of a dunce, but I wouldn’t be asking if I hadn’t tried several times unsuccessfully and gotten quite frustrated.

So here’s the TikTok URL:

https://www.tiktok.com/@claudilifts/video/718...

What exactly do I do next?

Jan 03, 2023 - edited Jan 03, 2023 - permalink

Would someone please tell me exactly how to upload a TikTok video?

I do feel like a bit of a dunce, but I wouldn’t be asking if I hadn’t tried several times unsuccessfully and gotten quite frustrated.

So here’s the TikTok URL:

https://www.tiktok.com/@claudilifts/video/718...

What exactly do I do next?

Go to https://snaptik.app/en , paste the link, click the download button, and then click one of the download buttons on the next page (or right-click on one and pick Save Link As)

That should generally give you the higher-quality logoless version of the clip. I also like to add the name of the Tiktok account it's from in the filename, since that will no longer be visible in the video itself.

There are other Tiktok download websites/apps/etc that also let you get the logoless version, that's just the one I like to use.

Jan 03, 2023 - permalink

The site has no index by name? An alphabetical list of names seems logical, no? How is this overlooked? Over a million images and no index???

Jan 03, 2023 - edited Jan 03, 2023 - permalink

@Grdlegs   I'd agree, it would be nice to have a list of unique names on the site, along with things like their number of pics, total/average scores, number of subscribers, and the ability to sort by those.

Not sure how much extra load that would put on the server, though.

cgsweat
Jan 04, 2023 - permalink

I believe Chainer has addressed this before somewhere, saying that there are ten's of thousands of names (if not over 100k). You can imagine a few thousand names per letter of the alphabet.

Chainer
Jan 04, 2023 - permalink

That's not really an obstacle since the list would be paginated much like the userlist or the main image gallery. Most of the work development-wise would be having to pre-compute all the other information like total/average scores since that would be too expensive to compute at the time you are viewing the list (and extremely prohibitive if you are sorting by that).

Jan 05, 2023 - permalink

Not sure if I have already mentioned this. The thing I would be looking for would be to, for example, search for every Laura on this site (or any first or last name) and get one pic of each as a result. I can imagine two corner cases. One is that there would be one picture representing the sum of every Laura with a missing last name. And another is if there are two persons with the same last name.

Then of course would come the problem of sorting them in some interesting way. By the highest score in a single picture or by the number of pictures for that particular hit or by the sum of the score for all pictures with that name. Could you use SQL views or indexes for at least some part of the job?

Jun 10, 2023 - permalink

It would be great if you could filter just videos in the similar images feature. Thanks

Jun 16, 2023 - permalink

I hope it's ok to suggest a feature here. I was hoping that maybe on each lady's page there could be a little blurb about her and then like a synopsis of her career and maybe stats and info about her. I think that would be an excellent addition. Hopefully it's easy to do, and hopefully you guys are up for it.

Anyway thank you for making this cool site and maintaining it so well. I have a decent collection myself and want to start uploading things. I just have to find the rules about uploading first.

cgsweat
Jun 16, 2023 - permalink

I hope it's ok to suggest a feature here.

This thread is more for asking questions about or discussing existing features. Typically suggestions for new features are brought up in their own separate thread. The main reasons for this is to keep this thread on topic, as well as increasing the likelihood that Chainer (the only one who can implement these changes you're suggesting) will see it.

I have a decent collection myself and want to start uploading things. I just have to find the rules about uploading first.

When you go to the Upload page, you'll see a list of the rules.

Jun 17, 2023 - permalink

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

Jul 25, 2023 - permalink

Just noticed the auto-fill feature when adding names... nice touch. Hopefully will reduce moderators' efforts correct spelling deviations.

Chainer
Jul 26, 2023 - permalink

Glad you are finding it helpful. I am making some changes to how model names work, so there's more to come in that department.

Jan 02, 2024 - permalink

Is it possible to exclude models in advanced search? If not, any plans to implement such a feature?

Chainer
Jan 02, 2024 - permalink

You can't currently do that. I haven't ruled out making a feature that blocks models so you can't see them, although it's also not a priority.

Jan 02, 2024 - permalink

You can't currently do that. I haven't ruled out making a feature that blocks models so you can't see them, although it's also not a priority.

I think it would help alot in discovery as often same models reappear in results.

« first < prev Page 2 of 3 next > last »