Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Female Bodybuilding business idea 💡

Sep 28, 2021 - permalink

So lately I’ve been having a thought. My two favorite things are literally comic book conventions, (comic cons) and female bodybuilders. I had a friend that use to bring Power Ranger cosplayers to Northwest conventions, so here’s to the thought I had. Why start a business that hires female bodybuilders to Cosplay at Cons? Dose any know, or studied business?

Sep 28, 2021 - permalink

They're called agents.

Sep 28, 2021 - permalink

I guess that’s the title I can take up. However, I’ve seen similar ideas and concepts, and I don’t they operated as an agency m.

They're called agents.

Sep 30, 2021 - permalink

The thing is, this is nothing new. There are many such talent agents already in the business that find work for actors, musicians, athletes, and other public personalities.

Sep 30, 2021 - permalink

Most FBBs would do Comic Cons for free if you provided travel expenses.

Oct 01, 2021 - permalink

Most FBBs would do Comic Cons for free if you provided travel expenses.

They would appreciate if they could get paid. I mean I work as swing shift cook, and do door dash on the side, so this could be a another neat little side job. But yeah I’ll need be able for travel expenses, (air and hotel) possible costumes, I know there are company’s that do lend out Cosplay quality costumes, and I’ll also have work with them as well. I’ll have to hire male bodybuilders as well cause my wife’s not going to be happy about them being all women lol.

Oct 01, 2021 - permalink

Hobbies are not the same as businesses.

What you're describing is a hobby.

Oct 01, 2021 - permalink

So pretty much this isn’t going to work

Oct 01, 2021 - permalink

Your idea has no income stream, but lots of expenditures. Let’s say you manage to book, for example, Erica Cordie to be Power Girl at Comic Con in California. That’s pretty much the dream right? Beautiful girl, best convention. You’re paying her a day wage for two or three days, paying her flights, her hotel stay, her costume, quite possibly her food and drink, her health insurance and other insurances. This is all on you to pay. That’s easily $3000, at least. Probably closer to $5000. All you have to do is figure out how you are going to earn at least $6000 from having Erica Cordie dressed up as Power Girl for a weekend.

Oct 01, 2021 - permalink

Your idea has no income stream, but lots of expenditures. Let’s say you manage to book, for example, Erica Cordie to be Power Girl at Comic Con in California. That’s pretty much the dream right? Beautiful girl, best convention. You’re paying her a day wage for two or three days, paying her flights, her hotel stay, her costume, quite possibly her food and drink, her health insurance and other insurances. This is all on you to pay. That’s easily $3000, at least. Probably closer to $5000. All you have to do is figure out how you are going to earn at least $6000 from having Erica Cordie dressed up as Power Girl for a weekend.

The money 💰 💴 is the main concern. Pretty much how to pay them. It’s just I need a third source of income, and it’s be cool it involved something I enjoy, and of coarse like to look at 😉. Like I said I’d have to hire male bodybuilders as well, just so the wife thinks I’m not just hiring women. I know of a group called Power Rangers Northwest that brings the Power Rangers experience to conventions in WA and OR. I’m not sure if I’d do conventions in California. And I don’t one particular girl in mind, buts pretty much women, (and men just to keep things balanced) with superhero physiques dressed up like they came straight outta of a comic. I’m having a massive brain 🧠 fart 💨. But I saw a FBB promoting something at LA 2017, and let me tell you, I made a b line toward her. To get such expenses such as costume rental, etc i would need some kind of sponsor or bank loan. Again I never took any business classes.

cgsweat
Oct 01, 2021 - permalink

I don't think this would work very well as a "third source of income." I think you'd be lucky to break even after everything is paid for. As it's been pointed out earlier, this would be a hobby, something you want to do for fun.

Oct 01, 2021 - permalink

The money 💰 💴 is the main concern. Pretty much how to pay them. It’s just I need a third source of income, and it’s be cool it involved something I enjoy, and of coarse like to look at 😉. Like I said I’d have to hire male bodybuilders as well, just so the wife thinks I’m not just hiring women. I know of a group called Power Rangers Northwest that brings the Power Rangers experience to conventions in WA and OR. I’m not sure if I’d do conventions in California. And I don’t one particular girl in mind, buts pretty much women, (and men just to keep things balanced) with superhero physiques dressed up like they came straight outta of a comic. I’m having a massive brain 🧠 fart 💨. But I saw a FBB promoting something at LA 2017, and let me tell you, I made a b line toward her. To get such expenses such as costume rental, etc i would need some kind of sponsor or bank loan. Again I never took any business classes.

Ok, let's start there. After making that b line toward her, how long did the engagement last? And more importantly, how much $$ did you spend on the product or service she was promoting?

Because you don't have experience or a clear vision, no one is going to sponsor this non-profit venture. What will be your collateral to secure a loan?

Jun 12, 2023 - permalink

It`s interesting!

Wow haven’t heard back from this thread in a long time. As you see I had an idea 💡, however it wasn’t a very substantial idea, just a nip in the arm.

I’m trying to research different business ventures. Like for example I was thinking of opening up a comic shop and have muscle women dress up, and pose for pictures.

Comic stores or book stores are not a good business venture these days, so that’s on the back burner.

If you get what I’m going for, and have some ideas that are more substantial message me.

Jun 12, 2023 - permalink

The bodybuilders could do cardio with machines to make electricity. Then you could sell the fruit of the labor to comiccon nerds who need to charge their EVs. Also, 'apps'.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »