Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Why now muscular girls excite men?

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

Strength like the Amazons and Spartans

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

What a turn on!

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

Gender bending chemicals in the water/plastic affecting more recent generations in combination with social programming (Xena, American Gladiators) along with exoosure comic books which glorify the optimum physique of Super heros

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

Because it's more socially acceptable. Guys can be more "out" about it.

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

Well now that I see all these women not caring and doing nothing with there live I turns me on because they care about there body and they work hard to get muscles.

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

The general consensus of a girl with muscle = ugly is still there, you are simply more exposed to communities that feel the opposite, thanks to the internet. Furthermore, algorithms and the presence of more, similar communities create a sort of echo chamber that gives you the illusion of girls with muscles being everywhere and being appreciated by a much bigger chunk of people than it actually is. I'm sure the numbers have grown, but in no way, shape or form, are girls with muscles (ever) going to replace 'normal' girls.

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

I'm thinking about this question for decades. according to me it has a sexual link. Everybody knows orgams is due to muscular and non controlable contractions. Is it possible that some people make a direct link between general muscular level and capability a producing an orgasmic contraction. So, the more muscular a woman is the more she can give and get a never seen before contraction. It has probably nothing to do with esthetics, social acceptance or hard work to get this physique, but more a contact with a muscle on woman in childhood (at the right evolution period) that engrave this idea in some mens brains. must say I dont care about the workout, drugs and time they need to get such a body...Only the results turn me on.

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

It's not in the past. It's still the overwhelming majority of woman being attracted to muscular or strong men. We're an anomaly. I think we've always existed. Just look at OJ Heller. Google him if you don't know who that is. There has always been a small percentage of men attracted to female muscle and strength. I think we're just more visible now for the same reason people with other atypical fetishes are visible now. There's more social acceptance than in the past.

I'm "only" 49, but I can remember a time when you wouldn't dare let anyone know you liked women who are even a little muscular, lest you be called weird or gay. That's not so true anymore. Sure, if you admit to lusting after someone like Natalia Trukhina you're still going to get some weird looks. But it's perfectly acceptable to be attracted to fitness competitor or crossfit type physiques and they are WAY more common than ever before. That wasn't the case just 20-30 years ago.

My theory is that it might just be an evolutionary adaptation. Same as women being attracted to strong men. Some of us are biologically attracted to strong women, because strength suggests health and perhaps a woman who will give birth to strong offspring who are more likely to survive a tussle with a cave bear or whatever LOL. I think that could apply to weaker men who are attracted to stronger women too. Could be, in part, a biological drive to compensate for their own genetic shortcomings to be more likely to produce strong offspring.

Then there's the whole Freudian thing of course. Our mother's didn't hug us enough or something LMAO. As far as I know, no one has done any real research into the origins of male sthenolagnia and cratophilia. It would be cool if they did, I'm curious. It brings the whole nature vs. nurture thing into play too. I suspect it's a a bit of both. I think mayb most of us are born with some genetic predisposition to be aroused by muscle and/or strength.

I've been that way for almost as long as I can remember. Even before puberty. I can remember being 8 or 9 years old and being exhilarated by seeing a girl flex her bicep or getting to arm wrestle a girl. It's an incredibly powerful, primal thing deep in my core that I couldn't change if I wanted to. I imagine it's like that for most of us. Where it comes from I don't know. It could be affected by early childhood experiences. All I know is the first time I saw a girl flex her bicep or display strength, whenever that was, I felt something I never felt before. It flips a switch in my brain that nothing else can. It's interesting to think about where it all comes from, but I'm not sure we'll ever know in our lifetimes. Not unless someone does some real scientific study of the phenomenon.

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

Speaking for myself, I have always been attracted to exceptional women, whether they're unusually smart or prodigiously talented -- or incredibly strong. So what's not to like about a good-looking woman who also happens to have large and defined muscles?

There also might be something about "bulges." I also like women with huge natural breasts -- I had fantasies about Jayne Mansfield when I was in third grade -- and I'm helpless at the sight of a girl flexing her biceps or calves. Whether this involves some unconscious association with a bulging penis or clitoris signifying sexual attraction I don't know.

A fascinating topic, to be sure, and one that I've never understood...

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

As someone who is more into the bikini and wellness competitors, professional athletes and "fitness models", I think it's a case of society just recognising that having some muscle mass is aesthetically pleasing and showing that you care for your well being.

However, as others have mentioned, those who are attracted by the figure competitors and bigger women are still minority group.

cgsweat
Sep 25, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
cgsweat
Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

Nevermind, I reopened the thread since Chainer had locked the other one. I didn't see that at the time.

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

Perhaps overly serious... but I've thought a lot about this. My attraction to physically strong women began around age 5 or 6. During adolescence, I discovered this attribute was built into the things I most admired in women. In adulthood, with a better understanding of the effort involved in fitness, I appreciate anyone with sensible devotion to this. Over-built athletes are fascinating, but those with better balance (fitness-level to middle-weight) seem more admirable.

I'm most impressed by those who maintain a high level of fitness without seeming to live in the gym. Denise H. from the 90's has been a favorite for this reason.

Note: I have theories about how this became an instinct of mine but hesitate to explain what triggers our hormone responses as this can be misunderstood. My instincts make sense, but society tends to echo the majority and the majority tends to cling to the majority perception without thinking any further. Stereotypes are a least-effort response. Lots of folks navigate through 'least effort'.

Sep 25, 2021 - edited Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

My excitement is based on strength and muscles are a big part of being strong. Maybe it's because I'm smaller than average or maybe I am into super heroes.

For the mainstream part my opinion is that it is because of Instagram. Fitness girls have come out in flocks on Instagram.They see they have followers and are not scared if people give them bad comments. Now they are appreciated and other girls get inspired by them. Some move from fitness to physique and even to bb. I think muscles will never be main stream but a fit looking girl has now become main stream. The thin stick like super models are going down

Sep 26, 2021 - permalink

I don't think much changed most men are still not into strong women but there are more strong women now and being rude to them is no longer tolerated.

fp909
Sep 26, 2021 - permalink

I wish there was a way to tell if numbers have been growing over the years (percentage-wise) or if they've always been about the same.

Along the same train of thought--how much of it is tied to behavior, and then in physical manifestations of strength? Obviously there are more and more muscular women or women willing to spend time in the gym (it's a leisure activity, and leisure is a good indicator of a well off society, and generally we are pretty well off, more than ever before).

I have heard more than a few stories of women who are muscular (on the low end) to bodybuilders who's boyfriends or husbands leave them because they are "getting too big" but also there are plenty of men who are bodybuilders or not that are married to spectacularly built women.

I know most of us treat it as a fetish, so we see it a little differently, but there has to be some kind of link. And maybe they aren't asking their significant others to flex and pose for them all the time, like one of us might if we were tethered to them (or like in many of my past stories) but they can't not be attracted to it on some level, otherwise they would leave.

[deleted]
Sep 26, 2021 - permalink
[deleted]
Sep 26, 2021 - permalink

Love the pic from the first post!

Oct 05, 2021 - permalink

I think the potential is not changed.

The change is in the stereotype that girl can't have muscles and muscle is masculine etc.

The stereotype changed because of the spread of social media and people interest in health in general were a lots of girl hitting the gym and starting weight training. Now people who found girls with small muscle or curves are beautiful is increasing. Even without a good study you can tell by looking at increasing number of fitness girls with huge number of followers and likes.

For must of us who attracted to GWM. The main things is power and this can be presented in many ways (muscle, height, strength etc). For example for those who attracted to tall girl but not muscle girls, I believe he has the same potential as us but because of the stereotype of muscle is masculine who will never be attracted to GWM.

Oct 05, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
[deleted]
Oct 10, 2021 - permalink

Muscles on a female body that still shows curves, give it a very streamlined shape and add extra curves

[deleted]
Nov 02, 2021 - permalink

These wonderful ladies have on this platform taken their craft to a new sexy level of showing off and are oh so cocky and sometimes arrogant in showing off their muscles and gorgeous appeal. Alpha appealing and this is an even greater turn on for me.

Nov 02, 2021 - permalink

Society has laid out a woman's place " traditionally is why

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »