Forum > Image Themes > Thread

Sapphic Love: the Lesbian, Bi & Pansexual Musclegirl Appreciation Thread

« first < prev Page 1 of 10 next > last »
Sep 21, 2021 - edited Apr 03, 2022 - permalink

in browsing through this site's forum and some of its image threads, i'm usually left with a very strong and ironic impression that many of the women we apparently admire are either under-represented, or face backlash and criticism for an aspect of their identity critical towards who they are as people, and that there is a persistent undercurrent of stigma regarding LGBT topics which often threatens to undermine the appreciation the majority of us have for models who identify within that spectrum. as a result, i've spent too much effort whinging about homophobic sensibilities without personally doing enough in an example directing more love where it is long overdue.

i had originally planned to begin this topic during Pride Month, although in truth i think it remains pertinent at any point throughout the year, as are its subjects. i primarily want the focus to be based on known couples, although other contextual references supporting the theme (i.e individual models who are known to be gay/bi, or musclegirls celebrating at a Gay Pride function) are also welcome.

finally, in case this needs to be stated: this thread has been created in recognition of LGBT+ values, and serves as a platform that celebrates lesbians and female bisexuals in the database and beyond. anything posted here must be consonant with that philosophy.

cgsweat
Sep 22, 2021 - permalink
Sep 23, 2021 - permalink

Basically no one criticizes this any more. In fact, which I do think is ridiculous, it’s celebrated. And I think it’s stupid because it’s just who that person is. You celebrate achievements not just qualities of a person. I mean sure, some of us would say stuff like “damn wish she wasn’t a lesbian” or something but pretty much no one nowadays criticizes homosexuality, etc. both because no one cares that much about those qualities in someone you don’t know or because people are afraid to express opinions if it doesn’t fit the mainstream narrative or whatever you want to call it.

With that being said...these women are beautiful. Lucky women.

[deleted]
Sep 23, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by fp909
Sep 24, 2021 - edited Sep 24, 2021 - permalink

Basically no one criticizes this any more. In fact, which I do think is ridiculous, it’s celebrated. And I think it’s stupid because it’s just who that person is. You celebrate achievements not just qualities of a person. I mean sure, some of us would say stuff like “damn wish she wasn’t a lesbian” or something but pretty much no one nowadays criticizes homosexuality, etc. both because no one cares that much about those qualities in someone you don’t know or because people are afraid to express opinions if it doesn’t fit the mainstream narrative or whatever you want to call it.

That's absolutely true. For people to play the "victim" in order to gain power by insinuating they're being attacked for being homosexual is nonsense in modern times...

Chainer
Sep 24, 2021 - permalink

Normally I would delete the off topic / political posts above, except that the OP themselves started off the thread with a declaration of their political views, and:

anything posted here must be consonant with that philosophy.

"These are my views and no disagreement is allowed" doesn't sit well with me.

In any case, past this post... relevant pics only, please, and actually no politics.

cgsweat
Sep 24, 2021 - permalink
Sep 24, 2021 - edited Sep 24, 2021 - permalink

I thought Olivia was straight. She had a long time boyfriend on her Instagram.

This dude

Haven't been following her recently so I'm not updated

Sep 24, 2021 - permalink

Yes. Society is crumbling and rather than navel gazing, people are patting themselves on the back and staring at their own genitals. But that's neither here nor there. Onto the lesbians!

Oldest couple I remember is Meghan Abshire and Jen Scarpetta. Are they still together?

Sophie Arvebrink surprised me, as much as I can be surprised by musclebound women lezzing out.

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

Alyssa Kiessling is gay iirc and used to be with a bodybuilder, her new gf isn't though.

Ida Leo is gay, as is Alyssa Benny.

Sep 25, 2021 - permalink

good thread

Sep 28, 2021 - permalink

if i knew this would develop into something of a discussion thread, i would've posted it elsewhere. in any case, a few things i probably need to clarify;

Normally I would delete the off topic / political posts above, except that the OP themselves started off the thread with a declaration of their political views, and:

"These are my views and no disagreement is allowed" doesn't sit well with me.

my point in creating this thread was to recognise and celebrate muscular women who happen to be gay. in essence, the portion of my message you quoted serves to reinforce that point. and despite what nbunited or anyone else with a similar viewpoint believes about the extent of homophobia in society, whether or not you deny that the issue of homophobia still has any prevalence in society shouldn't detract from the fact that homosexuality remains a proud aspect of how these women identify themselves.

if however my opening spiel has threatened to sideline the reason for this thread's creation enough that the main focus is no longer on the pictures that are supposed to be shared here (which i realise mightn't helped with the addition of this message), then i'm happy to either request that the thread is moved to a more appropriate section of the forum, or for it to be purged entirely so that it can be restarted (hopefully by someone else) with a greater focus on its intended purpose.

in the meantime, i wanna give my thanks for the pictures which have been shared so far, and will contribute with a few more to keep the ball rolling.

the last is actually short clip of Natasha Lee and her significant other.

Sep 28, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by Chainer
Sep 28, 2021 - permalink

Sophie Arvebrink surprised me, as much as I can be surprised by musclebound women lezzing out.

Really? I wasn't surprised at all, she always gave that kind of vibe to me, I've been following her for a long time on instagram and I think it was just a matter of time for her to show it to the world. Also, four posts in this thread talking about they're not homophobic while at the same time pussyfooting around the idea of it lol

Sep 28, 2021 - permalink

I'd love to know why my comment was deleted. There was nothing political in it and I'd really like know how it could have been construed as offensive. You overreacted to something, but I don't know what.

Chainer
Sep 28, 2021 - permalink

Your comment contributes to dragging the discussion away from posting pictures or commenting directly on them.

[deleted]
Sep 28, 2021 - permalink

I'm more annoyed by people's assumptions whenever 2 women are in a picture together they must be gay. Olivia Gravengaard is not gay lol. So before you you go waving that rainbow flag make sure you're at least accurate in your assumptions.

Sep 29, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by Chainer
Sep 29, 2021 - permalink

Your comment contributes to dragging the discussion away from posting pictures or commenting directly on them.

Perhaps. But it would be interesting to have a discussion based on that idea/concept.

If we don't "attack" each other with hateful accusations, would you be willing to allow the discussion to continue? Clearly, it resonates with a number of people...

Chainer
Sep 29, 2021 - permalink

If we don't "attack" each other with hateful accusations, would you be willing to allow the discussion to continue? Clearly, it resonates with a number of people...

If you must, then start a new thread in Site Discussion. I have to say though, I really don't see what there is to discuss here, that isn't purely political. (And if this hypothetical new thread is or becomes political it will be locked.)

NOTHING BUT PICTURES AND COMMENTS ABOUT SAID PICTURES BELOW THIS

[deleted]
Sep 29, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by fp909
Sep 29, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by Chainer
Sep 29, 2021 - permalink
Sep 30, 2021 - permalink

regarding the O.Gravengaard/D.Davis pictures, the photoset from which they've been sourced was published only a month ago (as of this writing), and while that alone is far from enough to confirm anything (since female friends are sometimes more physically affectionate with each other than men in this part of the world) it's highly possible that whatever they're sharing with us here could be a recent development if it proves to be more than a close friendship.

whatever the case may be, i really don't see either woman being quite as annoyed at the prospect of being mistaken for gay, and almost certainly not with at least one of them.

fp909
Sep 30, 2021 - edited Sep 30, 2021 - permalink

I thought Olivia was straight. She had a long time boyfriend on her Instagram.

This dude

Haven't been following her recently so I'm not updated

EDIT: well I guess she WAS married to the dude. I think.

The other post you’ve linked is (not verbatim) identical to about a half dozen posts I’ve seen where women come out (or their partner does) after a long term straight relationship

« first < prev Page 1 of 10 next > last »