Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Is there a way to save streaming movies?

Sep 11, 2021 - permalink

I wanna join femalemusclemovies.com but they stream I was wondering if there's a way to save the streaming movies. They look good.

Sep 11, 2021 - permalink

On a Mac, I know you can use QuickTime to do a screen recording. Getting the audio to record is a bit tricky, though.

Sep 11, 2021 - permalink

lots of tools on Windows to capture streaming video, but it may depend on how protected the streams are. Basic streaming can be captured by browser plugins - Downloadvideo Helper etc. More complicated streaming by something like Replay Media Catcher, GetFLV, youtube-dl

Sep 11, 2021 - permalink

It's easy, just get an app that can record your screen at high FPS with audio. ScreenRec is what I've used. https://screenrec.com/

cgsweat
Sep 11, 2021 - permalink

Yeah I definitely prefer sites where I can just download things in 1 click. Screen recording is extremely time consuming.

Sep 12, 2021 - permalink

Thank you for all the advice guys!

Sep 12, 2021 - permalink

Personally, I use an extension called CocoCut which is a Chrome extension that captures the video. It works well for me. Saves in .mp4 format. https://cococut.net/

Sep 12, 2021 - edited Sep 19, 2021 - permalink

Never use a screen recorder if you can avoid it, it results in either worse video quality or bloated file sizes, it's far better to capture the original video stream. I mostly use the paid version of Internet Download Manager, which can capture most streams. I also have Video DownloadHelper as a backup. (This is with Firefox, although I believe both also work with Chrome). On rare occasions there's a stream that IDM will grab the address for but will refuse to download, and then I throw the address into youtube-dl-gui.

Sep 27, 2021 - permalink

Never use a screen recorder if you can avoid it, it results in either worse video quality or bloated file sizes, it's far better to capture the original video stream. I mostly use the paid version of Internet Download Manager, which can capture most streams. I also have Video DownloadHelper as a backup. (This is with Firefox, although I believe both also work with Chrome). On rare occasions there's a stream that IDM will grab the address for but will refuse to download, and then I throw the address into youtube-dl-gui.

Agreed.

I only use screen capture when nothing else will work. There are sites where nothing else will work.

Sep 27, 2021 - permalink

Agreed.

I only use screen capture when nothing else will work. There are sites where nothing else will work.

Which sites are those if you don't mind me asking?

Sep 27, 2021 - permalink

Which sites are those if you don't mind me asking?

lisacross site seems impossible to download for example

Sep 28, 2021 - permalink

Firefox has a plugin that downloads videos.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »