Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Anastasia Leonova calling out Alina Popa

Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

Is Alina in charge of Wings of Strength? Does she decide who competes? Or does he actually want her to come out of retirement? I’m confused as to what he actually wants.

Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

Is Alina in charge of Wings of Strength? Does she decide who competes? Or does he actually want her to come out of retirement? I’m confused as to what he actually wants.

Alina’s the Vice President of Wings of Strength according to her Instagram bio. I guess he thinks Alina was saying that Anastasia wasn’t good enough to compete in the contest, so he wants her to admit that Anastasia’s the better athlete.

Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

Oh ok. Thank you. I wasn’t sure if she just did promotional stuff for them or if she had any actual power in the company. When did she say this anyway? Seems like Anastasia has put on a ton of muscle lately so they kinda did what Alina said. Also qualifying for a show and admitting someone is a better athlete than you are not the same thing.

I don’t know why I’m trying to figure the idiot out. Spinning my wheels cause I’m bored I guess. lol.

fp909
Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

Personally I think this stuff is hilarious.

50% of the reason I like pro sports is the side drama, whether it's the 140-character romance novels writers put up on twitter or some meme beef. BB needs more stuff like this but competitors are mostly kind of sensitive, which sucks. Bring on the drama!

Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

Personally I think this stuff is hilarious.

50% of the reason I like pro sports is the side drama, whether it's the 140-character romance novels writers put up on twitter or some meme beef. BB needs more stuff like this but competitors are mostly kind of sensitive, which sucks. Bring on the drama!

I can’t stand it…in ANY sport. I immediately lose respect for the parties involved. STFU and be an athlete. It’s like when entertainers get political and virtue signal. Just get over yourself and do your job.

fp909
Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

The political stuff I can leave on the floor. The beef between like KD/his alts and Twitter I love. It’s so stupid

Jul 22, 2021 - edited Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

Anastasia is really nice, and balanced. If you read her dialogue, she was very determined, but also realistic about Portugal. She wanted to win (clearly, she worked like nothing on earth for that victory), but was also balanced enough to know that winning is all about who turns up on the day, not whether fans get upset, or she thinks she should win. Had she not won, she would have taken the feed back, and made the adjustments, and tried again. He husband is the one pushing hard. The sport has always been about the visibility of the athlete. Those who don't enter many contests, and don't use social media to promote themselves heavily, tend to take longer to get to the top. Getting noticed is very important, and in the Pro league, essential. After all, wins get money, so you have to enter the media hype, have 1 or 2 trainers for training, diet, and posing ( very few self trained athletes will do well as a pro), and be 100% professional. Some amateurs who get pro cards, don't understand this, until they place bottom in their first contest.

If you look at the video of the finals, you will hear Anastasia's husband yelling at her every move! To the extent that briefly, Anastasia shows her palms in frustration that she can do no more. I am not one for trainers yelling out to athletes, it sounds really bad. I think the training is complete once the athletes get on stage, then it is up to them to show how good they are. I've seen the frustration on a few athletes face when this happens, and you don't want to distract the judges with pulled faces, gesticulations, and lost smiles. Every moment on stage has to be full on, or you lose.

I think they make a great team, but I am not so sure about shouting at WOS, shouting at the reporters on the Female Bodybuilding Channel, and anyone else who challenges their intentions. It does make for interesting reading, however!

Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

Why can't the guy just be happy that he's living heaven on earth. My god, to have a female marvel like Anastasia, as your wife. 🤪🤯💪

Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

I realize the guy is just bringing a little excitement and friendly competition to wbb no need to act like he is sending alina death threats.

Jul 22, 2021 - permalink

The only one (IMHO) who can rival Alina is Christa Bauch. In their prime they were unmatchable

Jul 24, 2021 - permalink

I realize the guy is just bringing a little excitement and friendly competition to wbb no need to act like he is sending alina death threats.

That's possible, but it's far more likely that he's a controlling and abusive piece of garbage.

This is just a hunch, but when you read the stories of FBB's, it's sadly very common for them to get with controlling men.

We look at their bodies and think STRENGTH, but a lot of women who get into the "aesthetics" business (modeling, beauty pageants, fitness & bodybuilding, sex work) sadly suffer from very low self esteem. And it's easy for a predatory man to take control of them, regardless of how large their biceps are.

I hope that this isn't the case, but I'm fairly sure that it is. Otherwise he wouldn't be screaming commands at her and starting beef in her name with other FBBs. Someone mentioned Muhammad Ali here. Big difference between him talking trash to another boxer, or his controlling wife doing it while he stays silent.

Jul 24, 2021 - permalink

The guy's an arsehole, WOS aren't going to give him the time of day are they I don't think Andrea Margie will be too worried somehow!

[deleted]
Jul 25, 2021 - permalink

He talks too much, makes too much noise. In terms of popularity, she is ages behind Nataliya Amazonka. Ok, she impressed in Portugal and won there, but she will vanish once she stands next to Andrea. WOS and Alina certainly won't react on his challwnge, at least not publicly, they will ignore him. She will have to meet thr qualufication criteria like anyone else for Ms Olymüia. And her dominationg???? He must live somewhere in a cave, he has probably never seen Andrea, she would swallow up this little midget

Jul 25, 2021 - permalink

I don't see anyone turning on Anastasia. Her douche bag husband/trainer however is another matter. Notice how he never even calls her by name during the interview, always "my wife". Typical controlling behavior signaling his "ownership" of her. If/when the star quality of Anastasia (who is amazing but is using a tremendous amount of gear) starts to dwindle he will be gone to the next subject, sadly.

Jul 25, 2021 - permalink

I mean the guy probably doesn't care for Anastasia much - he just sees her as a project to pump full of drugs and compete. Notice he himself doesn't look like he's ever worked out? lol

[deleted]
Jul 25, 2021 - permalink

To be clear, this guy is a former BB turned coach, he has a stable of FBBs in WPD and WBB divisions, his wife being his crown jewel. The fact that he always calls her "my wife" , it may be a cultural thing as this guy is an Arab.

He might be provocative, but he brings at least some colour into the sterile WOS controlled FBB world. Let's say the truth, WOS controls the FBB, the competitions incl. Miss Olympia, the Media through its channel and its M&F ownership and the athletes themselves through the ambassador program. All that is controlled by Alina, once the sexiest FBB on the planet and today an all-consuming vampire dealer-wheeler VP at WOS, stuck in multiple conflict-of-interests while sharing her bed with Jake Woods, the owner of WOS.....

Jul 25, 2021 - permalink

I agree with Gabi

[deleted]
Jul 25, 2021 - permalink

Never in her lifetime does she beat Alina Popa. Alina has way better symmetry, is one of the best posers ever (her muscle control is unreal) and she has an appeal that Anastasia simply doesn't posses. I don't want to be rude, but don't be to Ms. Popa either, Papa..

Jul 25, 2021 - permalink

I would consider myself in heaven with either of them.

Jul 25, 2021 - permalink

Husband is wrong, she definitely is not pretty ! Muscles ✅. Beautiful ❌ !

Jul 25, 2021 - permalink

All that is controlled by Alina, once the sexiest FBB on the planet and today an all-consuming vampire dealer-wheeler VP at WOS, stuck in multiple conflict-of-interests

That's a pretty damning statement. If their company is putting on more FBB shows than anyone in history, how does that make her a vampire?

« first < prev Page 2 of 4 next > last »