Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

RIP Odalis?? Just 23 years old

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

It's being reported that Odalis Santos Mena has died as a result of complications from a botched cosmetic surgery to reduce excessive underarm sweating.

23 years old, apparent cardiac arrest. I'm hoping against hope this is just an awful and cruel hoax, but reports are coming in from dozens of places, and several seem separately sourced. :(

cgsweat
Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

WOW! That's very sad and unexpected. Especially such a shame to have died from something she seemingly didn't need. A dose of reality that complications from surgery can happen to anyone...

R.I.P.

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

"Her boyfriend reportedly later revealed she had taken clenbuterol, creatine and oxandrolone."

I'd probably say it's the combination of some unprepared outpatient clinic and the Clen. It burns fat and makes you sweat, but that shit is dangerous and can really mess you up.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/14/instagram-star-...

https://okmagazine.com/p/fitness-influencer-o...

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

Removing swear glands seems like a bad idea. They’re there for a reason.

R.I.P. so young ☹️

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

The real lesson is don't get cosmetic procedures done in random Mexican clinics that don't even have a trained anesthesiologist. But yeah, clen is some nasty shit. Poor girl.

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

This is a shame.

This thread is relevant: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

I disagree with the previous charge that this wouldn’t have happened outside of the Mexican clinic. There are lots of medical situations that happen without a trained anesthesiologist in many situations in many countries. What if she would’ve gone to a dentist? The real lesson is that taking AAS without continuous professional medical monitoring can have bad outcomes. Who knows what physical or genetic predispositions she could have had? She needed a trained physician regularly evaluating specific tests for common interactions/side effects.

BTW, Oxandrolone = Anavar. That and Clen is a very common stack among figure girls.

RIP Odalis. Too young.

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

I didn't say it wouldn't have happened outside of a Mexican clinic, but the clinic was absolutely a factor. The procedure itself is absurd and the lack of a trained anesthesiologist is unconscionable given the sort of procedures they're performing. Not at all comparable to a dentist or the like.

What you say about AAS use is valid as well, of course.

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

This is a shame.

This thread is relevant: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

I disagree with the previous charge that this wouldn’t have happened outside of the Mexican clinic. There are lots of medical situations that happen without a trained anesthesiologist in many situations in many countries. What if she would’ve gone to a dentist? The real lesson is that taking AAS without continuous professional medical monitoring can have bad outcomes. Who knows what physical or genetic predispositions she could have had? She needed a trained physician regularly evaluating specific tests for common interactions/side effects.

BTW, Oxandrolone = Anavar. That and Clen is a very common stack among figure girls.

RIP Odalis. Too young.

I fully admit to being tempted to jump on the PED path, but stories like this, along with seeing bodybuilders dying in their 40s and 50s, is keeping me from starting.

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

Everything you do in life has inherent risk. Do you eat red meat? That's just one example of something minor that can have a devastating long term impact, but most people don't even think about it.

Steroids are dangerous, but the real problem is that they aren't equally dangerous to everybody. Everybody reacts differently and that comes down to simple genetic factors that your average person will be ignorant of. If you want to use PEDs, spend some time educating yourself in depth about them and then consult a qualified physician that you trust. That's the best way to avoid complications.

If you're unable or unwilling to do that, then you probably shouldn't be using them, but you never know, maybe you tolerate them really well because you have the right genetic factors to be safe. Maybe you just get lucky. It's your life, just make sure you understand the risks.

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

RIP 😢

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

That is sad. All condolences goes to her loved ones. This is why I treat every procedure that requires surgery as serious no matter how minor. I a know man that went to the hospital to a simple in & out surgery and wound up as a vegetable. I have a friend who had to get a minor surgery on his leg done. A couple months later he ended up having the leg amputated because of some screw up by the doctor who did the procedure.

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

Wow .... very sad news. May she RIP! People don't get medical procedures done at shady clinics in Mexico, I've heard of too many people that died or suffered serious complications because they went to some off the books clinic in Cuidad Juarez.

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

Removing swear* glands seems like a bad idea. They’re there for a reason.

R.I.P. so young ☹️

*sweat

Bruce Lee had the same procedure, apparently.

Jul 15, 2021 - edited Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

I fully admit to being tempted to jump on the PED path, but stories like this, along with seeing bodybuilders dying in their 40s and 50s, is keeping me from starting.

Same here! It's a big step, but when everyone around you is doing it... plus, women get amazing results from Anavar, which doesn't work that great for men, and it's generally the most "mild"-- but still not at all harmless. Men need some crazy stacks to gain. Not worth it.

Jul 15, 2021 - permalink

Just heard about this too. Talented, beautiful young woman who was taken too soon. RIP ❤️

cgsweat
Jul 18, 2021 - permalink

https://youtu.be/1zdEODDVa1c

So this video came up in my recommendations on Youtube, which is obviously relevant here.

Jul 18, 2021 - permalink

Rip

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »