Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Why are majority of muscular girls ugly or just average looking?

Aug 07, 2021 - permalink

"this thread is honestly pretty pointless......." Truer words never spoken. It was obviously a slow day in the life of the O/P.

Aug 07, 2021 - permalink

I just imagine OP looks exactly like the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons.

Him: "Why are majority of muscular girls ugly or just average looking?!?!"

Also him: "Mom... I told you NOT TO OPEN MY DOOR while I'm browsing GWM! I'm and adult and need my privacy!!!!"

Aug 07, 2021 - permalink

It also depends on how photos are taken. Composition, brightness, contrast, exposure, where the light source is and what light source was used, where the shot was taken (indoors / outdoors), etc. Instagram, Twitter, etc aren't as good as photos taken by studio pros obviously. It's all in the eyes of the beer-holder.

Aug 07, 2021 - permalink

Bad thread title.

"Why are most people average-looking?" For the same reason that "almost most" people are of below-average intelligence.

Aug 07, 2021 - permalink

There is a bucket load of Dunning–Kruger going on, that's for sure.

Aug 10, 2021 - permalink

Bad thread title.

"Why are most people average-looking?" For the same reason that "almost most" people are of below-average intelligence.

I think this guy is on the site. It's called Girls With Muscle and that includes female bodybuilders. Most men on here think they are hot.

Aug 13, 2021 - edited Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

Ugly is quite harsh and subjective but my own philosophy to answer OP’s original question is that it creates opportunity for social collisions that otherwise wouldn’t happen. Typically, one is much more likely to approach or have those second level conversations with a lady who’s body is smoking hot than if she were “average”. A woman who is already deemed extremely attractive by general society simply doesn’t need to do anything more then exist to get the attention that some of these beautiful woman on this site work so hard for. Not to say there aren’t gorgeous young woman on this site that love to mold their gorgeous bodies into beautiful works of art despite already having attractive qualities.

Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

Gotta love all the "this thread is pointless" posts actively contributing to its growth and the ad hominems directed at the OP that just bespeak a nerve struck. Though it would have helped if he could have specified what he meant by "muscular".

To take a stab at answering the thread's question, I believe Arbol got the closest. A plain woman can still be attractive if she has a fit body (the age-old "butterface"), whereas an ugly woman doesn't have much going for her physically and nothing to lose in that regard, and so goes to an extreme she can control in order to attract attention. And, of course, let's not forget the ridiculous proportion of "muscular" women who come from a background of eating disorders and just went to the other extreme.

Which is not to say that the above are the only reasons women work out, of course, but we all know the knee-jerk reactions these arguments elicit, so let that be stated for all to read beforehand.

Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

As a woman, I can't begin to tell you how much this thread offends me. The audacity of judging a person by an accident of birth is the primary reason most women despise men. All you seem to care about is outward appearance. There's rarely consideration for a woman's character, or personality, or mind. All we are to you is a collection of body parts - to be objectified, judged, and critiqued. You men make me sick. And, NO, I don't want to hear any bullshit rationalizations, so don't even bother.

Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

As a woman, I can't begin to tell you how much this thread offends me. The audacity of judging a person by an accident of birth is the primary reason most women despise men. All you seem to care about is outward appearance. There's rarely consideration for a woman's character, or personality, or mind. All we are to you is a collection of body parts - to be objectified, judged, and critiqued. You men make me sick. And, NO, I don't want to hear any bullshit rationalizations, so don't even bother.

The reason the human race exists is because men find women attractive and vice versa. Since women control reproduction, men are merely a shadow cast by women's choices over the centuries.

Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

The reason the human race exists is because men find women attractive and vice versa. Since women control reproduction, men are merely a shadow cast by women's choices over the centuries.

Even in a community that's explicitly praising women for their strength and athletic prowess, we've still got an incel who's spouting some idiotic fragile masculinity quotes. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

Do you like sit around and admire their huge muscles while also resenting their "reproduction control?" SMDH.

Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

Well this all certainly took a turn for the worse…

Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

Even in a community that's explicitly praising women for their strength and athletic prowess, we've still got an incel who's spouting some idiotic fragile masculinity quotes. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

Do you like sit around and admire their huge muscles while also resenting their "reproduction control?" SMDH.

These are personal attacks against someone reflecting mainstream views in biology. By and large, females are the choosers. Two-thirds of our ancestors are female.

Even bracketing out bodies, I'd say the women on this site are probably above-average looking, but if you're comparing these faces to models and actresses, well, that's like saying pop-stars are better looking than singer-songwriters.

Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

I have no words to describe how far from the truth this is. It's not even revisionist thinking as women all over the world suffer horrific abuse every day. Is that a shadow cast by their choices too?

Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

Majority are average looking, just like majority of people are average looking. That's the définition of average looking. They get ugly with the use of steroids, pitbull jaws, hairloss, sometimes even facial hairs.

These are personal attacks against someone reflecting mainstream views in biology. By and large, females are the choosers. Two-thirds of our ancestors are female.

Even bracketing out bodies, I'd say the women on this site are probably above-average looking, but if you're comparing these faces to models and actresses, well, that's like saying pop-stars are better looking than singer-songwriters.

Dude, I'm sorry but you're entirely and completely wrong. This is not a "mainstream view in Biology." Our friend Blastor138 is quoting the usual Jordan Petersen MGTOW bullshit about women being the "choosers" and men being the sad helpless victims of that choice.

I'm a man. I like being one and I'm not ashamed or down on myself for it. But seriously... anyone who thinks that women have it easier than men or are somehow significantly in control of men is flat-out wrong. There's so much evidence for male dominance in the world that I wouldn't even know where to start.

I come to this site because I'm horny and I love muscular women. But the overt misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia that runs through here at times really bums me out. It's even more odd to have classic chauvinist narratives alongside pics of women with thighs big enough to shatter your ribcage.

Aug 13, 2021 - permalink

But the overt misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia that runs through here at times really bums me out.

Right? Someone said to me earlier 'There's nothing on this site that's worth having a problem over.'

I disagreed.

Chainer

I agree that this thread has run its course.

I am giving a warning to LeslieAnn for posting the inflammatory comment that, more so than any other, is responsible for derailing the thread.

Thread locked by Chainer.
« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »