Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

"Why was this pic deleted?"

« first < prev Page 10 of 20 next > last »
[deleted]
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by [deleted]
fp909
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

its more likely that she has a decided "sameness" to her poses and there are probably photos with similar poses/outfits where the "differences" are marginal. I can't speak to that but it was something that came up in the past. She's decidedly better in terms of the variety of poses but she posts her signature one too often where there isn't an significant different from nearly every other time she's done that pose.

[deleted]
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by [deleted]
Nov 09, 2022 - edited Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

"Too many similar images of the same person" is one of the things discouraged in the upload guidelines, which can result in them being removed.

The other issue with Kiki Vhyce is that there tend to be a lot of pictures of her in offseason shape with little visible muscle definition, that people keep uploading because "hot woman with a big butt = upload!", and ignoring that there are already 11 pages worth of her on the site. (Most of the worst offenders for that are already removed, so you won't really be able to see what I'm talking about from browsing her current pics)

GWM isn't really intended as a complete archive of every possible pic for women who have thousands of them, more a selection of the better ones. We tend to be more stringent on the upload requirements for women who already have a lot on the site.

[deleted]
Nov 09, 2022 - edited Nov 09, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by [deleted]
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

Every woman on the planet has "muscles", otherwise they wouldn't be able to move, but if they aren't particularly defined or noticeable in a pic then it doesn't belong on the site, regardless of how attractive you find it. This, for example, she pretty much just looks like a curvy model in it.

[deleted]
Nov 10, 2022 - edited Nov 10, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by [deleted]
Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

A couple of pics of Branka Njegovec

Michaela Aycock

Anastasia Korableva

The two pics of Branka are examples of pics I uploaded that were recently deleted on the grounds of being contest pics with contest tans. Fair enough, the rules discourage these type of uploads. However, when these uploads do appear, not all are deleted because the moderators have the power to pick and choose what stays and what goes. I understand their argument that the site would get flooded with contest pics if no action was taken, but (dare I say it), in my opinion I DO believe that favouritism is taking place here. The two pics of Branka that were posted were at the time unique to the site.

The two Michaela pics irregardless of the uploaders fall into the same category as Branka's for being contest pics with contest tans. I have to say her tan is so deep she actually looked as dark as Andrea Shaw. Now I'm a huge fan of Michaela - she's become one of my all time faves and seems to be running away from the pack - but why are these pics and many others allowed to stay? For the record, I personally do not wish for them to be deleted (nor Branka - another all time top 3 favourite).

Lastly, the clip of Anastasia squeezing between the other two women to deliver her most muscular pose. Yet another contest upload. Prior to this clip showing up on here, I wanted to upload it myself, but due to a couple of my other uploads of her being deleted for being contest clips (also from the same show), I felt 'discouraged' from doing so.

I know these type of pictures and clips are discouraged under the rules, but it does hurt to see your uploads being deleted when similar type posts are allowed to stay. We are just wanting to contribute as part of the gang!

Peace.

tamarok
Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

If other photos are breaking the rules, then please report them. We don't catch all the images that are failing the rules and guidelines.

Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

A couple of pics of Branka Njegovec

Michaela Aycock

Anastasia Korableva

The two pics of Branka are examples of pics I uploaded that were recently deleted on the grounds of being contest pics with contest tans. Fair enough, the rules discourage these type of uploads. However, when these uploads do appear, not all are deleted because the moderators have the power to pick and choose what stays and what goes. I understand their argument that the site would get flooded with contest pics if no action was taken, but (dare I say it), in my opinion I DO believe that favouritism is taking place here. The two pics of Branka that were posted were at the time unique to the site.

The two Michaela pics irregardless of the uploaders fall into the same category as Branka's for being contest pics with contest tans. I have to say her tan is so deep she actually looked as dark as Andrea Shaw. Now I'm a huge fan of Michaela - she's become one of my all time faves and seems to be running away from the pack - but why are these pics and many others allowed to stay? For the record, I personally do not wish for them to be deleted (nor Branka - another all time top 3 favourite).

Lastly, the clip of Anastasia squeezing between the other two women to deliver her most muscular pose. Yet another contest upload. Prior to this clip showing up on here, I wanted to upload it myself, but due to a couple of my other uploads of her being deleted for being contest clips (also from the same show), I felt 'discouraged' from doing so.

I know these type of pictures and clips are discouraged under the rules, but it does hurt to see your uploads being deleted when similar type posts are allowed to stay. We are just wanting to contribute as part of the gang!

Peace.

Yeah agree with you.. If competition pics are discouraged on gwm then why these type of pics still remain

cgsweat
Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

Another thing to consider is that there is only 1 site owner and 10 moderators who operate purely on a volunteer basis. Most of the mods are silent and might pop in once a month. So the bulk of handling all of these issues falls on mainly 3-4 mods. I personally don't have time to sift through all of the 1.3+ million images to look for ones that might have been overlooked or unreported. If these images are not reported then there is a sizeable chance that they will be overlooked.

Looking at your Branka deletions, they appear to be subpar-quality screenshots rather than being downloaded from an original source. I've stated several times in the past in various threads, a contest pic is more likely to be deleted if the following conditions are met:

• Low or subpar quality
  • She already has several pages of content on the site
  • She already has several contest pics on the site
  • It is an unremarkable shot in general

Again, they have not been reported and so it's very likely none of the mods have had a chance to see them. Unfortunately you also did not link to these images in your comment, so it seems they will continue to be overlooked (I personally don't have time to check through 32 pages of Michaela Aycock content).

You feel personally attacked somehow. If none of what I have said up to this point has changed your mind, then there's no further need to address it. If you absolutely feel like those images must be uploaded, you can post them to the appropriate forum thread:

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

fp909
Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

i would say the last pic of michaela is irregular for a stage photo as in: it's not one of a gallery of shots taken from the same angle, like the other two. the pose is not a mandatory, and it is from a more unique angle, with the added bonus of having the screen angle in the background. so i would consider that one a keeper vs the other two.

one of the purposes of the contest tan rule is to weed out the literal thousands of stage photos that get taken at every show. heck, some shows have three photographers getting the same shots.

personally, i have an alert for michaela uploads but i hadn't seen those two particular ones for whatever reason (sometimes i skim over the alerts and look much later) but at this point i'm inclined to leave those two up since they've done pretty well.

also personally, i tend to exclude decent stage video since a lot of these things are kept behind BS streams for a while, or stills from stage that are not of mandatories or unique looks in transition, but that also can depend on the quality of the photo. However, stage mandatories are a dime a dozen. RXMuscle and a couple of other sites have them in bulk and doesn't need to be duplicated by GWM.

the last factor is, again, the sheer volume of images, which I feel we reiterate quite often that it's helpful to get your eyes on uploads, especially if they're site uploads that aren't in the queue. Knowing there's a report button and ignoring rule breaking photos or things that are borderline, and then saying we don't do anything about it doesn't really help the over maintenance of the site. reporting it would allow us to make the decisions in a much smaller group instead of looking at tons of photos at once and maybe missing a few

Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

Thank you for your responses.

Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

So I got this

But

and all of the other posts are still up.

¯I_(ツ)_/¯

fp909
Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

Please read the responses above as to why one might have been deleted and not all

Feb 16, 2023 - edited Feb 16, 2023 - permalink

I noticed a problem. Now that there are AI-based services that artificially add resolution to an image, I think I have run into one recently, but not sure. It is (or was) a picture of Katha (_kg_fit). There was an earlier version from Sep 30, 2022 with 1080 x 1350 pixels. The new one was technically the same image, a very minor difference in angle and framing, 1440 x 1800 pixels, with brighter colors and a grainy texture everywhere.

I assume there are lots of users who do not look for duplicates before posting (there the earlier one was posted four months ago but was immediately findable after adding name to the more recent one). And I assume there are lots of users who think that more pixels are better, even if the picture is simply scaled or zoomed in Photoshop, thus adding no detail but losing sharpness.

Feb 16, 2023 - edited Feb 16, 2023 - permalink

There's a difference to simple upscaling (ie just adding more pixels) without adding sharpness and upscaling using AI which adds sharpness and removes blurriness. The results vary but often are very impressive - The question then arises (\I've asked this before without an answer) if such sharper images are permissible on this site.

fp909
Feb 16, 2023 - permalink

I believe the AI enhanced imagers are discouraged. The uploads should be the original image as best you can acquire the source file without running it through another program.

Feb 16, 2023 - permalink

I used to edit pics with Gimp. to smooth operator out compression artifacts and improve colors and lighting. but ai has made it obsolete.

Feb 16, 2023 - permalink

From a thread I started a while back. https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/comment/2582056/

Feb 16, 2023 - permalink

From chipperpip★on that thread:

@zonda Only if you like weird skin textures, anatomy screwups, new skin folds, and various other uncanny valley elements they tend to introduce if you actually look closely. Keep them off the main site, you've been warned at this point.

They can occasionally produce strange results (which is why I said results can vary) Fair enough if declared site policy is to ban in theory, but in the absence of the original to compare, many will be undetectable by eye.

cgsweat
Feb 17, 2023 - permalink

I noticed a problem. Now that there are AI-based services that artificially add resolution to an image, I think I have run into one recently, but not sure. It is (or was) a picture of Katha (_kg_fit). There was an earlier version from Sep 30, 2022 with 1080 x 1350 pixels. The new one was technically the same image, a very minor difference in angle and framing, 1440 x 1800 pixels, with brighter colors and a grainy texture everywhere.

I assume there are lots of users who do not look for duplicates before posting (there the earlier one was posted four months ago but was immediately findable after adding name to the more recent one). And I assume there are lots of users who think that more pixels are better, even if the picture is simply scaled or zoomed in Photoshop, thus adding no detail but losing sharpness.

I tracked down this picture you're referring to. Another mod merged in favor of the newer version, but after looking at it myself I noticed that her bicep had been enlarged (compared to the original). I unmerged the older pic and deleted the morph.

The image for those who might be wondering:

tamarok
Feb 17, 2023 - edited Feb 17, 2023 - permalink

There's a difference to simple upscaling (ie just adding more pixels) without adding sharpness and upscaling using AI which adds sharpness and removes blurriness. The results vary but often are very impressive - The question then arises (\I've asked this before without an answer) if such sharper images are permissible on this site.

We generally discourage upscaling, whether it is by AI or a traditional algorithm. The problem is that in certain cases it is hard to know which is the legitimate original. I am afraid it is going to become harder as time goes on, and one set of eyes may not be enough to tell the difference. Making assumptions about the source doesn’t always help either.

It should be noted the modifications are sometimes done by the model or photographer themselves, and sometimes by a third party. In all cases the less post-processing the better.

As mods we do the best we can, but in the end it comes down to a judgement call.

Feb 18, 2023 - permalink

Why this picture of Lenka was deleted?? It shows this pic is of Annie rivieccio but everyone can see it is of Lenka's.. Pls explain what's going on

Feb 18, 2023 - permalink

Why this picture of Lenka was deleted?? It shows this pic is of Annie rivieccio but everyone can see it is of Lenka's.. Pls explain what's going on

Any mod that thinks that is Annie, should not be a mod.

« first < prev Page 10 of 20 next > last »