Forum > Off Topic > Thread

The Pro-Wrestling Thread

cgsweat
Jan 04, 2022 - edited Jan 04, 2022 - permalink

I've been rewatching old episodes of Raw and Nitro on Peacock lately. One thing I never realized...

Jacqueline started before Chyna! Jacqueline's first appearance was in January 1997 in WCW when she joined Kevin Sullivan in a feud against Chris Benoit and Nancy. Chyna's first appearance was apparently at a WWF In Your House event in February 1997.

Edited to add in links.
[deleted]
Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Yes, Jackie Moore was wrestling in various promotions well before she came to the Federation. As I recall, she often went by "Miss Texas."

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

> Joanie Laurer had already been trained by Killer Kowalski and wrestled before signing with the WWF.

I learned something new today.

Yep, this is from that pre-WWF period:

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Chyna is the all time best WWE Diva in my personal opinion. Chyna is not forgettable compared to today's forgettable female stars.

Jan 05, 2022 - permalink

Chyna is the all time best WWE Diva in my personal opinion. Chyna is not forgettable compared to today's forgettable female stars.

I too agree. She left a mark that no female wrestler could fill. Plus, Chyna will always be a wrestler first and Diva second

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I'm going to give a shoutout to Wrestling Bios https://www.youtube.com/c/WrestlingBios/videos

His series Reliving the War, where he covers Both Nitro and Raw week by week has reached May 1997. So you know what that means?

cgsweat
Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I don't remember specific dates but I do remember some of the feuds going on in '97.

And yeah he does a good job with Reliving the War, although a lot of what he's done so far I've already just seen, and the ones I haven't watched yet would just be spoilers basically. I've rewatched Raw up to September '96 and Nitro up to March '97.

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I look forward to watching this to see his perspective on the Monday Night Wars!

I miss WCW, before Russo of course haha

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

My favorite wrestler, as opposed to bodybuilder, was always Luna Vachon. Unfortunately, both women worked when McMahon was solidly against women's wrestling, and only wanted "valets" and "divas". The ascension of Sable (ptui!) is the low point of this era.

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I look forward to watching this to see his perspective on the Monday Night Wars! I miss WCW, before Russo of course haha

Ironically, IIRC, I think most of the good looking women of WCW were during the Russo Era. A couple female bodybuilders and fitness competitors, Kimberly Page in her hardest shape ever. Hell, even Miss Elizabeth was looking pretty jacked during her time with Lex.

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I actually remember Miss Elizabeth and how toned she was while with the Total Package.

That’s where we got introduced to Torii Wilson too :)

[deleted]
Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

Yeah, it's amazing how Elizabeth looked then when she was nothing like that with Macho Man.

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I prefer the women during Vince Russo era. They were gym goers, bodybuilders, fitness competitors, and more. Stephanie McMahon's era during her unfortunate time in the WWE brought in women that fit but not on the same level that Vince Russo.

And Stephanie McMahon is not creative! Her dad is Vince McMahon that's how she got the job!

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

Yeah, it's amazing how Elizabeth looked then when she was nothing like that with Macho Man.

I know she was deep into drugs towards the end of her life, I wonder if juicing were part of her "regimen".

Jan 07, 2022 - permalink

I know she was deep into drugs towards the end of her life, I wonder if juicing were part of her "regimen".

For reference, here's how she looked in 2000: https://i.redd.it/g5a92e5cppb01.png

[deleted]
Feb 06, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by [deleted]
[deleted]
Feb 06, 2022 - permalink

Someone needs to find that girl and get her in the ring now!

Feb 11, 2022 - permalink

For reference, here's how she looked in 2000: https://i.redd.it/g5a92e5cppb01.png

Miss Elizabeth looked jacked

cgsweat
Mar 15, 2022 - permalink
Mar 15, 2022 - permalink

Scott Hall was a terrific wrestler. So sad that he died. RIP.

cgsweat
Apr 12, 2022 - permalink

I had completely forgotten about her:

This is Marianna Komlos, with her partner (I don't think they had a relationship outside of wrestling) Chaz. She had a great physique at one time (her GWM page is linked), being a champion Canadian bodybuilder in the mid 90's. Unfortunately she had passed away at the young age of 35 from breast cancer back in 2004.

Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

@byrdcf27 Damn dude! Thank you for that link!

Oct 28, 2022 - permalink

Give her all the love. 😄

cgsweat
Nov 28, 2022 - permalink

Jim Cornette has kind of a funny story about working with the late Nicole Bass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgsgcnYcmyg

Nov 28, 2022 - permalink

Jim Cornette has kind of a funny story about working with the late Nicole Bass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgsgcnYcmyg

I'm a Jim Cornette listener myself. He really hates AEW for some reason. Lol I don't hate AEW.

« first < prev Page 2 of 4 next > last »